Who will the folk target if YES wins and then it all goes pear shaped 5 years down the line?

I remember getting moist when Tony Blair's (New) Labour won in 1997, I couldn't wait to see the back of the Tories.

However, it went tits up, pear shaped. They picked fights abroad [WMD] along with the Yanks, and made me realise that politics is a loada shite.

If YES wins and 5 years down the line we, as Scots, are worse off, who will get them blame?

Would we be personal and point out individuals? No doubt they would be elsewhere and in higher paying jobs, just like the Blairs.

Where does the finger get pointed at if things degrade after a YES win?

Anyone who says "At least we gave it a try" should just go for a 30 minute face steeping session.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For all of New Labour's faults, the pre-9/11 years were pretty fucking decent all things considered. You wouldn't go back in time and change the result.

The point is that in five years time, if it's not going well, then it's in our own hands to fix it. I can't fathom the mentality that says we shouldn't even try to self-govern because the big boys in Westminster can do it better.

Nobody here is going to be unaffected by the outcome. When I put a cross in that box, it's my responsibility to see that I get the best country I can.

Who will the folk target if YES wins and then it all goes pear shaped 5 years down the line?

I remember getting moist when Tony Blair's (New) Labour won in 1997, I couldn't wait to see the back of the Tories.

However, it went tits up, pear shaped. They picked fights abroad [WMD] along with the Yanks, and made me realise that politics is a loada shite.

If YES wins and 5 years down the line we, as Scots, are worse off, who will get them blame?

Would we be personal and point out individuals? No doubt they would be elsewhere and in higher paying jobs, just like the Blairs.

Where does the finger get pointed at if things degrade after a YES win?

Anyone who says "At least we gave it a try" should just go for a 30 minute face steeping session.

You sound just like a Rangers fan post "relegation". If I learnt anything from that incident it's that union jack clad nutcases spouting angry prophecies of Armageddon following the withdrawal of something that's held us back to begin with shouldn't be taken too seriously

Well I suppose it's a step forward for the bitter together nodrones on here. The last post like this was claiming we would all turn into racists and attack the immigrants.

Only if NO wins...eh?

Is the OP going to offer any logic for why everything will go wrong, or just make more vague, batshit predictions like the Better Together politicians also do?

If I'm not living in a jacuzzi filled with Chanel No 5, surrounded by buxom blondes and waited on hand and foot by a staff consisting of midgets five years after indpendence I'll be having a stern word with Confidemus.

Is the OP going to offer any logic for why everything will go wrong, or just make more vague, batshit predictions like the Better Together politicians also do?

I'm merely asking what happens "IF" things go shit shaped.

I'm not predicting things will go Darien.

And there we go. Didn't take long did it?

Oh dear.

You do realise that all these Referendum threads are the closest we have ever gotten to the Rangers v Celtic Celtic v Rangers thread?

Such vitriol, such bile, such petty name calling. Yep, that resembles an Old Firm thread. Gaun the new division in Scotland........

I'm merely asking what happens "IF" things go shit shaped.

I'm not predicting things will go Darien.

OK, I'll answer your question then.

"If" five years down the line it's went tits up (so I assume you mean seven years from now, as Scotland wouldn't be independent for two years and I'm guessing Scotland falling on its arse after three years of independence is too soon even in the imagination of the most raging Britnats) then whoever runs us will have made an almighty c**t of it. After all, we won't be partly subsiding the rest of the UK like we are now and we'll be able to use all of our vast resources without haemorrhaging millions on ridiculous Westminster policies like nuclear weapons and illegal foreign conflicts (how can you no voters justify that btw?), so the people in charge will have made a balls up of what should've been a fantastic situation to work with.

So....the blame will lie with the people who make whatever ridiculous decisions lead to such a f**k up. Then the people of Scotland will vote them out and democratically elect whoever they see as the best option to run the country, something we've been unable to do for over 70 years.

So that's who we'll blame. Now what's your point?

And since it's got brainless fuckwits like you making horrific new threads like this, I suppose the morph into an Old Firm forum is now complete.

Point proven.

The new divide in Scotland. Didn't take long did it.

Archived