Stranraer vs Brechin

I cannot believe the way McKinnon set us up for the 2nd half after being 2-0 up. Utterly embarrassing. For the whole second half we just invited Stranraer on to us with what was effectively 9 at the back.

Cracking numbers down from Brechin - shame they were subjected to such defensive guff.

would have taken a point before the game but if you say is true steve then it is indeed ridiculous.

Again no striker on the score sheet and Mckinnon does have a habit of going ultra defensive.

But why go super defensive whe 2-0 up, surely we had the measure of them and you just keep playing.

Thought Brechin were excellent in the first half, solid defence and in control of the midfield. Stranraer were poor first half, 3 at the back with 2 wing backs pushing up wasn't working, after the second goal they switched to 4-4-2. Marenghi and Aitken were both unable to hold onto the ball, or create anything. Stranraer looked much better second half Longworth dropped back and Forde looked lively although Malcolm was awol. Brechin played one up front and sat back later on as Stranraer pushed forward, getting a goal with the last kick of the match, straight in from a corner I think.

I said it all last season........SACK McKINNON!

Nice guy he might be...... manager he aint.

no you didnt......you just constantly moaned like a pathetic c**t when the team lost but never praised them when they won. youre only here when brechin lose so can you do everyone a favour including yourself and f**k off :thumbsdown

no you didnt......you just constantly moaned like a pathetic c**t when the team lost but never praised them when they won. youre only here when brechin lose so can you do everyone a favour including yourself and f**k off :thumbsdown

No need for the potty mouth. Check his record its worse than Weirs(now theres a swear word!).

We are becoming boring to watch its reminding me of the John Young days....

Any talk of sacking McKinnon at the moment is over the top when you consider we are sitting 3rd and unbeaten at this early stage. However I'm hugely frustrated at how we lost those points today due to negative tactics. Now there's nothing wrong with getting men back and holding onto a lead with ten minutes to go or whatever but we were very much 9 men behind the ball for the whole of the second half. Any time we did get the ball forward it was humped aimlessly in the direction of Thomson or Jacko who had absolutely no support. We were comfortable at half time and if we had just approached the second half the same way then we would have probably went on to win the game. Instead we invited pressure and relied on time running out.

McKendrick showed again why he is the worst ref going at the moment. Some absolutely absurd decisions, none more than when he waved away claims for a Stranraer penalty when it was an absolute stonewaller.

Things are nt near as bad as sack managers surely , we re un beaten in league after 3 hard games, I can only speak for our home matches and yes it's frustrating watching our forward thinkin players create Nxt too hee haw chances and not even look like improving, but as I say I can only say what I ve witnessed at the home games..I think things are just needing fine tuned and we ll find our way...If this means dropping some of our so called better players then so be it , hopefully it would have the desired affect..

I m as guilty as Nxt person of moaning immediately after a game when your still annoyed but once you ve calmed down you realise we re just a wee team and reaching play offs should be our goal every season and some season we will be good enough to take that step up!

Guareenteed yesterday's result end s up feeling like a defeat because of the manner we throw away a winning situation .

My one complaint about Ray compared to Weir is Weir seemed to fair better in cup competitions which is a welcome income . But talk of sacking the manager are way off the mark...

Here endeth the lesson !!!

Brechin City. Bursting coupons since 1906. CNUTS.

Correct . I had this one down as an away banker due to Stranraer being minus a couple of key players after last week.

This tinkering with the team formation is what cost us dearly last season . Just go out and play to our strengths FFS !

I see Hamilton scored for Brechin, how is he doing for you guys?

He has certainly helped bolster our defence. Can't comment on yesterday , but up till now he has been fairly solid. Likes to go forward . Perhaps his only failing is the final ball.

Definitely a successful signing.

Things are nt near as bad as sack managers surely , we re un beaten in league after 3 hard games, I can only speak for our home matches and yes it's frustrating watching our forward thinkin players create Nxt too hee haw chances and not even look like improving, but as I say I can only say what I ve witnessed at the home games..I think things are just needing fine tuned and we ll find our way...If this means dropping some of our so called better players then so be it , hopefully it would have the desired affect..

I m as guilty as Nxt person of moaning immediately after a game when your still annoyed but once you ve calmed down you realise we re just a wee team and reaching play offs should be our goal every season and some season we will be good enough to take that step up!

Guareenteed yesterday's result end s up feeling like a defeat because of the manner we throw away a winning situation .

My one complaint about Ray compared to Weir is Weir seemed to fair better in cup competitions which is a welcome income . But talk of sacking the manager are way off the mark...

Here endeth the lesson !!!

Correct and if you keep picking points up away from home and winning at home you are always in with a shout.

We just need to win next week.

Just wached highlights and it appears we had chances to win the game but poor finnishing and decision making cost us. did nae look like we parked the bus bu the Gerry for Barr sub with 20 mins left might have suggested form this time onwards.

Archived