What annoys you about footballers of today

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Take it you'll all be taking the money from going to games, betting on matches and subscribing to TV channels featuring these poofy, arrogant cheats; then pile it all into whichever local team you can watch battering each other around on a swamp?

Of course you won't. You all fucking love it.

Some players don't like them. And unlike the hands, the arms have natural mechanisms to cope with the cold

Most of the modern day footballers appear to be totally hairless, so one of the mechanisms to keep away the cold have been waxed off.

edit: in fact, there's another. Men waxing their bodies. Sakes.

Most of the modern day footballers appear to be totally hairless, so one of the mechanisms to keep away the cold have been waxed off.

edit: in fact, there's another. Men waxing their bodies. Sakes.

There are parts of my body I'd have waxed without a second's hesitation. Apparently I'm turning into a highland coo in my old age.

The wife has absolutely no worries about me finding my hole elsewhere :(

Don't mind the sleeve tattoos, but 90% of the time it seems to be that stupid big stars on clouds or waves design.

Don't mind the luminous boots, but those new Nike boots with the ankle feature are f**k ugly

Hate the British footballers who are worse at speaking English than most of the foreign players brought in.

Play-acting and diving really gets on my nerves. Players who wear gloves and short sleeves during the winter.

Players who seem to think they're comedians or trolls, especially on Twitter.

And the one thing I especially hate: players who do the card gesture to the referee when one of their team mates is tackled or fouled

It's all about "image" and "marketing rights" these days. Oh, and the fact that so many of them seem to revel in and celebrate their thickness.

Thick, money-grabbing cheats, just what we want for "role models"

Maybe it's a comfort issue.

I have wearing long sleeve tops no matter the weather

I'm not sure whether you are saying you have comfort issues with wearing long sleeves or that you wear long sleeves no matter what weather conditions are like?

Either way I dot really get it tbh, it's not something that bothers me if folk want to wear gloves and short sleeves, I just can't see how long sleeves can be uncomfortable.

I'm not sure whether you are saying you have comfort issues with wearing long sleeves or that you wear long sleeves no matter what weather conditions are like?

Either way I dot really get it tbh, it's not something that bothers me if folk want to wear gloves and short sleeves, I just can't see how long sleeves can be uncomfortable.

I prefer wearing a short sleeve top when playing football no matter the condition, you get some footballer who will always wear a long sleeve top, again no matter the weather (Kris Commons being an example)

So maybe some keepers just don't like a long sleeve top.

The footballers of today are no different to the average yoof of today.

Workshy, money oriented, media obsessed, self serving and generally 'dull'.

Any guy whose bairn has a footballer as a role model, has failed bigtime at fatherhood.

The most annoying thing is that so many top level football players are nigh on incapable of kicking a ball with their 'wrong foot'. There is no excuse for earning £100k+ p/w and being utterly woeful with your other foot. Yes, you will never have the same ability with your weaker foot, but if we use a scale of 1-10 with your stronger foot being a 10, you should at least be able to get your weaker foot to around a 7 or an 8.

And presumably Andy Murray should be able to play left handed, and Tiger Woods play with a land handed swing? What does it matter what foot they use? To make your weaker foot a 7-8 out of 10 you would have to compromise the time you spent on your stronger foot, which for someone like Beckham would have meant that he would never have made it at the level he did.

Clearly if a player's inability with their weaker foot means that they can't do their job properly then that's an issue, but then you wouldn't find a player like that playing at any half decent level of football as they would be a poor footballer. Being a poor footballer isn't something to get annoyed about.

I'm surprised anyone watches football given the hatred displayed in this thread which is seeping with bitterness. I particularly like the post where the poster says players shouldn't drink as they are being paid hundreds of thousands of pounds a week. They aren't getting paid that out of charity, they are getting paid that because that's what the club has values them at. If they don't like them drinking then don't employ them. I always find it strange how fans who have done nothing with their life and never shown any commitment or effort to anything feel they can judge some of the most talented, wealthy athletes on the planet for not living an appropriate lifestyle or 'wasting their talent'.

The over-hyping of all the good players.

Especially happens with Bale; a player in Scotland or the SkyBet leagues scores from say 25-40 yards, it's hailed as a "good goal". Gareth Bale scores from 25-40 yards and it's hailed as a "thunderbolt", "absolute screamer" & "goal of the week/month/year" whilst everyone on Sky Sports News is creaming themselves over it and scrambling over each other to play it again & again whilst the headline "Bale Wonder Goal" appears after every ad-break, meanwhile the player in Scotland or the SkyBet league will get the measly Goals Express Goal of the Day "award" if they're lucky

Archived