What annoys you about footballers of today

That's why he buys Christian Louboutin shoes. To detract from his grotesque visage.

If he walked down the street with his cock hanging out and his torso painted luminous pink it still wouldn't detract attention from that abortion of a coupon.

What pisses me off is the vastly increased cheating/diving, and bell-end ex-pros like Andy Walker describing it as, "Being professional".

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My annoyances relate to English Premiership players - stupid nancy boy haircuts; tattoo sleeves; biggest and most obnoxious looking jewellery going; big f**k off headphones when getting off the team bus that scream 'don't talk to me'; similarly, the head down, no eye contact attitude when getting off the bus; garish looking, attention seeking cars like pink Range Rovers ffs; the inability to complete a sentence without saying "y'know" three hundred times; demanding higher wages despite earning more in a week than the average punter would earn in ten years etc, etc.

Other than that they are sound and I am in no way jealous of their income.

Add to that coloured boots and a taste for thick as pigshit ugly chav women, and that pretty much sums my thoughts too.

The over-the-top win-at-all-costs attitude. We all want to see our team's players going out and giving it everything they've got in order to win. What we don't want to see is the cheating and cynicism and general arseholishness that's already been highlighted on this thread.

Hard work gets you a lot further than talent in football. Obviously a ton of both is good too (see Cristiano Ronaldo)

Yeah, Ronaldo is a great example along with Beckham. Both made the most of their given talents and have improved dramatically as a result.

Ronaldo vs Nani, both probably had the same raw talent but one worked harder.

My point about drinking stands, at the top level they should be tee total. There's no way you would catch a top athlete in tennis or athletics touch any alcohol these days. If you are paid hundreds of thousands a week it is an is an insult to fans to not do your absolute most to train and be the fittest you can be, that is your job.

Yeah, Ronaldo is a great example along with Beckham. Both made the most of their given talents and have improved dramatically as a result.

Ronaldo vs Nani, both probably had the same raw talent but one worked harder.

My point about drinking stands, at the top level they should be tee total. There's no way you would catch a top athlete in tennis or athletics touch any alcohol these days. If you are paid hundreds of thousands a week it is an is an insult to fans to not do your absolute most to train and be the fittest you can be, that is your job.

Ronaldo v Rooney as well. A good few years ago Rooney was probably the better player/prospect, but Ronaldo is light years ahead now.

One worked hard at his game and dedicated himself to his craft, making himself one of the best two players in the world - the other shagged grannies.

That they are all utter pussies.

This.

I disagree that the overall standard is better as some have said above but the modern footballer is certainly bigger and stronger - muscle bound hulks. Yet they are complete pussies. They roll over, dive around and go down at the slightest contact.

Diving isn't new, or as you often hear, a foreign thing, but it used to be wee wingers that did it. Now everyone does it, including 6 foot plus guys that look like heavyweight boxers. It looks horrendous.

I think if you dive in a match you should have to wear "Duncan Norvelle" on the back of your shirt for the rest of the season.

Oh and lack of good goal celebrations.

This. Pointing to the fans or kissing the badge is shite. You rarely see a good celebration now.

Another few are diving and chasing referees around looking for free kicks.

The lack of ability shown by goalkeepers, I can remember when goalies could throw the ball 20-30 yards to players to start moves down the wing, now all you get is a wayward punt up the park.

A good percentage of them are utterly terrified of coming off their line to claim a high ball as well. Truly bizarre when they're protected by refs who will whistle as soon as a forward breathes on a goalie in the air.

Players getting "hurt" all the time forcing the game to stop every 5 minutes so they can get treatment. When I played I can't recall ever staying down after a hefty challenge. They should have it like rugby where play carries on and the physio just has to get stuck in.

Also, subs never being ready to come on. They get the call and they then have to get their shinpads on, tape up their socks and then find their shirt to put on. Bloody infuriates me so it does.

I disagree that the overall standard is better as some have said above but the modern footballer is certainly bigger and stronger - muscle bound hulks. Yet they are complete pussies.

Not only that but they often can't even shag a burd without phoning one of their pals to give them hauners!

Players who do the slow, hands-off walk after they've scored against a former club so that they can let everyone know that they're deliberately not celebrating. It's rank attention-seeking, made worse by commentators like Gary Neville highlighting it immediately just in case you hadn't noticed already.

For me one thing stands out the fact that the art of goalkeepers catching balls has gone, I kept count of the number f catches goalkeepers made last season on match of the day, and I never reached 20

A job as a commentator awaits, surely.

Missing penalties. There's no excuse for a professional footballer to miss a penalty.

Oh, team mates fighting over who takes a penalty, or team mates fighting at all, over anything petty. Wind your fucking neck in and do your job.

Archived