Last minute friendly arranged

glensmad

Larkhall Thistle v Rutherglen Glencairn tonight, friendly at Gasworks Park, for anybody interested or in the area and looking for a match. Kick off is scheduled for 6.30pm or as close to that as possible, allowing for both teams to get there and also allowing for enough light.

Wasn't the best of games but thistle are early promotion favourites I'd say, although choice of keepers begets beliefs as big Allan colquohon is number 1 but getting on bit and still a great keeper, didn't understand why the guy they were calling hooda or booda got a game before the big guy, who had clearly better handling positioning and vocal ness , although thistle have a few players who could be playing higher

Played a lot better yesterday good to see things coming together at the back just a bit more communication at the back and we could push pollok all the way here's hoping

Let's not get carried away on the back of one clean sheet. Yesterday was very encouraging though, I'll give you that. Coming through the group unbeaten is good given the selection problems we have had, but we still have some important players to return, e.g. Galloway, Neil, Low, McLaughlin.

That's were I'm optimistic although still not convinced keeper wise but think we should do ok judging by yesterday's response to wed, looking forward to the real stuff next week we look ready!!

We need a 2nd goalkeeper, but JC Hutchison is one of the best junior goalies around in my opinion.

Totally agree but a second experienced keeper is well required it's all about having a squad that can compete Hutchison is a top goalie but if he's pushed he can only get better we can't rely on one keeper although wee Ballantine assures me he's a bit if a cat lol

Archived