Ice Bucket Challenge

I don't really get the annoyance at all this carry on tbh. Regardless of whether or not everybody who does this is publicising the charity, surely they would have benefited from a boost at the beginning which they'd otherwise have missed out on. Every charity suffers a similar thing I'm sure - just as some people will watch the Children in Need tv programme and not donate to the cause, or the no makeup selfies, or when charity wristbands became fashion statements. There must be a bit of positivity somewhere, even if it's less than the myriad of chilly, dampened gits might suggest.

Admittedly it's a bit juvenile, and I wouldn't entertain it if somebody nominated me to do it.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was just going to post that Charlie Sheen vid, fair play to him.

Just when I was getting back in to FB this shit starts up. I've even seen one where mothers are nominating each other to put info up about their weans? As if we all don't know what the fkin kid looks like, see enough daily pictures of them as it is.

Fair enough it has erased awareness ect and as long as people are donating to any charity it can only be a good thing.

Its another fad though, can't be arsed with it. It must be all the people that were peer pressured into smoking at school that do these things.

I'll happily buck the trend of grumbling swines and say I did mine last night. Donated a bit to both McMillan and MND Scotland. I'll happily donate money into buckets and such if I'm walking past. Its a decent laugh, and I'd be willing to say people are more willing to donate if they actually do something themselves.

If it helps raise money to help those suffering from MND/Cancer/ other illnesses, then its all good. You'll get people who might miss out the charity part, but it's still raised something along the lines of $15m so far in the USA. If anything, I'd say make sure that people are donating to charities relevant to their country.

I did mine yesterday as well, and donated the cash too.

If it's not your thing, don't do it. If it is, do it. Whining however about people doing it with the archetypal "I bet they don't even donate" is just pathetic.

So the latest social media charity craze is upon us.

Has anyone on here done it or been nominated?

Fair enough as it raises awareness and money for a good cause or a pile of nonsense?

I have been nominated for it. I will do it, but it is a bit of nonsense despite it raising money for charity.

I saw my mate and his missus doing this the other day.

Whilst she threw a bucket over him he basicaly trickled the water on to her head making it much worse/funnier.

And let's not forget most of those that are using loads of ice are not doing it in a back garden in Glasgow.

Archived