St Mirren vs Dundee FC - 23/08/14

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get it round every single one of you Paisley skenks. Wouldn't take youse to the berries.

Time to beat the filth next week now.

Thank you.

So then thats us and Wille Collum you wouldnt take to the "berries" what ever the hell that means? . I think of Dundee and I think "dangle berries " is it the same thing?

Yesterdays game then, I thought St. Mirren were the better team overall and we rode our luck at times, they certainly had plenty chances so nobody to blame but themselves. Smash and grab is maybe a bit strong because it wasn't all one way but I'd have settled on a(nother) point before the game. The Tank didn't start very well and to me his confidence looks lacking but as the game went on I thought he got more into his stride. When the subbie forwards were warming up I thought PH was going to do a double and put Peaso and Boyle on at the same time. I like Peaso coming on for the last 30 or so, I'm not convinced he's got 90 minutes a game week in week out any more but he's great from the bench as he showed again yesterday. Already been said who played well and who not so well but Letheren overall did well and another clean sheet will cheer him up I'm sure.

Hopefully not but they might be our last points for a few games so it was important to get the win, getting the goal from open play was nice, we need to do more there and to run a couple in against Celtic next week would be the icing on the cake. :ph34r:

Rumps, I had to miss the game yesterday so had to follow on the text updates. Can you tell Kenny that writing stuff like 'he should have scored there' is no good to the reader if you don't know what the team is, never mind the player.

Anyhow, great 3 points.

Luther G Pressley or whatever his name is: heads gone.

Agree. The text commentary could also be a bit more descriptive but I realise it's probably done on a phone or tablet.

So then thats us and Wille Collum you wouldnt take to the "berries" what ever the hell that means? . I think of Dundee and I think "dangle berries " is it the same thing?

You're desperate to go to berries, eh?

3rd eye moment, again near the end of the game, a Dundee player blootered the ball out of play which hit the side of the main stand? (To my left). Then skelped a St Mirren fan on the back of the napper. Anyone else catch this?

Seen it. Absolute belter :lol::lol:

I see the boy on the tannoy played dab favourite Beautiful Sunday as a 'noise up' to the Dundee support pre-match yesterday. That worked out well for him.

I also read that the last time St Mirren had a start to a season like this they got relegated. Just thought I'd share that.

This is always played.

Just seen the highlights there. Good few decent chances squandered by Saints. The boy should have scored with that volley second half. Boyle should score right at the end for us.

Points win prizes Boab. Shame for you.

If you genuinely thought there was only one team in it yesterday, and that team was Dundee, then you've clearly got the bluest of blue tinted glasses, or you've no idea what football is all about.

Dundee scored a goal, Saints didn't, so Dundee get the points, but there's no way Dundee were the only team in the game.

Good start for Dundee, I would say. 6 points, undefeated and you still get the impression Dundee will take time to gel and fully reach their potential.

Next few games are tough ones though. Could quite easily take 0 points from them. A win yesterday was vital.

Some good results for Dundee but we've seen plenty times that newly promoted teams take a lot of teams by surprise and do well in the first few weeks. I'd rather have Dundee in the top league than Hamilton or St Mirren though tbh.

Dundee haven't really taken anyone by surprise though. I'm pretty sure that most would have predicted a win or two in the first few weeks anyway.

Good start for Dundee, I would say. 6 points, undefeated and you still get the impression Dundee will take time to gel and fully reach their potential.

Next few games are tough ones though. Could quite easily take 0 points from them. A win yesterday was vital.

Yes, it's a great start and we're top six. If we'd got the result against Thistle we'd be 4th on 8 pts.

Agree re your comment on 'time to gel'. We look like we could really click with a settled side getting into form and becoming match hardened.

Defence needs tightened up. I think McPake and Konrad are doing well but we shouldn't be giving teams so many chances.

Thomson coming back will help massively with defence, cohesion, tempo and through balls.

Dyer back in at left and McGinn back to right back. Harkins to dribble less, pass more and be more direct. McGowan to improve his shooting. McAlister, who's been brilliant the last two games in for Ferry. Persevere with Wighton up front. MacDonald as the 'David Fairclough' super sub.

Archived