Harthill Royal J.F.C.

Sweeger - L.U.F.C.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reason I stayed to become manager is because we didn't quite know the scale of what was going on till recently,and it was a great step for me and my team,we merely put it down too slight mis management of funds,same as at home,,incoming and outgoings are tight but we still have the nights outs,takeaways etc,cut them out and things are easier.but like all these things once you start peeling back the layers it very quickly becomes apparent as tho the scale of it!!!!

And when we did we asked the question of the man about what we knew,and his answers were to walk out and say he was resigning!!! Now if they was me I'd be straight home for books etc to prove my innocence,instead he went under the radar for a week then had a committee ONLY meeting as at which we were sacked,no evidence was showing at any point of his innocence.the man didn't even have the guys to have us at the meeting,instead I got A TEXT next day telling me a letter would follow.

As for the name change.

If you were a decent player in your day then you should know if you take the blinkers off,lift your head and then you see the bigger picture.like many businesses that are not doing well,they re brand!...the name would stick with it's history as the club came from polkemmet amateurs,this could POSSIBLY,no one said it would definitely work,bring in new sponsors or committee,as guys who used to play for the club or their children etc may have their own business now and think,I'd like to help them out or go on the committee or simply come along,and with a couple doing that it can snow ball very quickly.

If it didn't work then we were only in the same place,nothing to loose at that point,harthill still has the potential to get back on it's feet if the right people are there.

And just for the record,see if the person had came back evidence proving his innocence then sacked us,then we would be having this debate as I'd agree that I could no longer carry on as the relationship was over anyone who asked I'd tell them that all the rumours of goings on were not true and move on!!!!

I look forward to your witty tho slightly arrogant response new mania,I've nothing to hide and everyone now knows who I am on here. And in fine with that.

Fwiw regardless of the situation I'm not sure coming on here will do you any favours. I would be careful as you don't want this to impact you getting another job.

As for the other person coming on here to say his piece as per newmanias comment, I don't think P and B is the place to air your dirty washing is it really. This for me was an internal matter, I can understand the manager being angry and wanting to say his piece but it won't do anyone any good really IMO.

Hope they sort things out and can finish the season. If not will Dunbar lose the 3 points won when they beat them, that would be a bummer.

Fwiw regardless of the situation I'm not sure coming on here will do you any favours. I would be careful as you don't want this to impact you getting another job.

As for the other person coming on here to say his piece as per newmanias comment! I don't think P and B is the place to air your dirty washing is it really. This for me was an internal matter, I can understand the manager being angry and wanting to say his piece but it won't do anyone any good really IMO.

Hope they sort things out and can finish the season. If not will Dunbar lose the 3 points won when they beat them, that would be a bummer.

Surely the current committee must compromise and try to work with the previous manager for this season at least, regardless of current differences. It seems he still has the desire to help harthill and the players likely to come back with him at the helm.

Maybe the problem is that they tried to make too many changes too quickly. I was impressed with the way they tried to play football at Dunbar a few weeks ago.

Can everybody not just get round a table, settle differences and try to move on? Simplistic view perhaps but simplist way is in my opinion always best.

Its sad to see a managment team and players leave a club under the circumstances outlined above. Without knowing how valid the comments are, if this is the case its very sad that one man can run a club in this way if true. Its not the first time ive heard of a situation like this and it can be very challenging for everyone. No club shold be run by a dictator, thats why you need a strong committee.

Good luck to them, hope they can work it out and come through it and have a good season. To be fair though, its not a place I look forward to going, normally cause its in the winter and the pitch is like a tattie field :-)

I don't want to interfer with this thread, We're doing well. Is panslad baldy? Hope you have a good season

True I will delete as dont want to hijack the thread. Feel free to delete you quoted comment too.

Reason I stayed to become manager is because we didn't quite know the scale of what was going on till recently,and it was a great step for me and my team,we merely put it down too slight mis management of funds,same as at home,,incoming and outgoings are tight but we still have the nights outs,takeaways etc,cut them out and things are easier.but like all these things once you start peeling back the layers it very quickly becomes apparent as tho the scale of it!!!!

And when we did we asked the question of the man about what we knew,and his answers were to walk out and say he was resigning!!! Now if they was me I'd be straight home for books etc to prove my innocence,instead he went under the radar for a week then had a committee ONLY meeting as at which we were sacked,no evidence was showing at any point of his innocence.the man didn't even have the guys to have us at the meeting,instead I got A TEXT next day telling me a letter would follow.

As for the name change.

If you were a decent player in your day then you should know if you take the blinkers off,lift your head and then you see the bigger picture.like many businesses that are not doing well,they re brand!...the name would stick with it's history as the club came from polkemmet amateurs,this could POSSIBLY,no one said it would definitely work,bring in new sponsors or committee,as guys who used to play for the club or their children etc may have their own business now and think,I'd like to help them out or go on the committee or simply come along,and with a couple doing that it can snow ball very quickly.

If it didn't work then we were only in the same place,nothing to loose at that point,harthill still has the potential to get back on it's feet if the right people are there.

And just for the record,see if the person had came back evidence proving his innocence then sacked us,then we would be having this debate as I'd agree that I could no longer carry on as the relationship was over anyone who asked I'd tell them that all the rumours of goings on were not true and move on!!!!

I look forward to your witty tho slightly arrogant response new mania,I've nothing to hide and everyone now knows who I am on here. And in fine with that.

Just a wee point, you're talking about proving innocence over something or other (financial mismanagement?), but who actually found him "guilty"? aren't you innocent until proven guilty?

As for the name change, Harthill Royal have achieved more in their existence than the modern day Polkemmet Juniors ever did (League Cup win v Linlithgow being one I think). Polkemmet to me was always a name associated with failure.

Also, to the players who are contributing to this thread, how are you going to feel if by your actions, the clubs folds?

Last season the lads paid for £3 a head training plus brought in £5 on a Saturday.took their own cars to away games without expenses,except a couple of games,Dunbar being one.

That is just a couple if things!!!

Not to mention fundraisers!!!

This year I've had lads travelling from hamilton,bellshill,Falkirk and even edinburgh!!!

All of who signed without any mention of wanting money as they knew/sorry thought there was no money!!!!! As we all did!!!!!

Do don't sit there and bring down lads who don't want to play for a man who lied to them!!!!

Hats off to all these guys trying to save the club and playing for the love of the game. This is a very sad time for the club,and I have nothing but happy memories when visiting the ground as a Fauldhouse supporter.My son started junior football with Pumpherston and then on to Fauldhouse when they were in the south division, and I know from experience it was never about the money, it was all about a saturday and pulling on the jersey. As previous posts say , you cant criticise anyone without knowing all the facts,and all I would say in general terms, is that in this day an age you have to try and adapt and try anything for survival, and if this is being hindered by one man, as suggested, then in all honesty if he has the interests of the club at heart, he should step aside.I wish the club well

We as players would have loved to have been able to carry on with baz and we all believe we would have had a decent season but why should we feel bad ? I agree no one likes to see teams go under but in this case why exist if it's not going to get anywhere with the man in charge. What's the point in struggling season in season out because no funds go into the team. Players signed with the club because they saw how good a manager baz was and bought into the style of play he was trying to inforce.

We as players would have loved to have been able to carry on with baz and we all believe we would have had a decent season but why should we feel bad ? I agree no one likes to see teams go under but in this case why exist if it's not going to get anywhere with the man in charge. What's the point in struggling season in season out because no funds go into the team. Players signed with the club because they saw how good a manager baz was and bought into the style of play he was trying to inforce.

This might sound like a stupid question, but nobody seems to have asked it. Why can one man have so much power in a junior football club,and why does a group of individuals not try to force him out ?

We as players are all mystified to this question aswell.

Has the actual whole team walked out or just some,if so he will have to release some players as the limit is 25 if im not mistaking to bring more as i would imagine there be around 17 signed at moment as a rough guess.

Archived