Ayr United v Forfar Athletic

The "harmony in the camp" moment was what struck us too.

I know our Capt and Marko are thick as thieves, but good psychology from Scott to head where he did if indeed it was thought about.

Marko is going to have to go some to win back even the majority of our hard core fans, but have to say the way of going about his business this season does seem to be an improvement on the last. Maybe he is really learning his trade? Three games in it is too early to tell. We are permanently two injuries from a crisis at the moment so until the squad is complete I'm going to hold off on overreacting. I worry, for instance, is that Hutton's injury from the end of last season is still with him and he really needs an op, but as he is self employed he cannot afford the time off to get it done. Can we really rely just on Newman if it comes to the crunch?

Nice football so far though which ,as a Spurs fan, is the way I would prefer it. Dunfermline and Morton are surely still favorites to finish top two come the end of the season but if the remaining money is spent wisely I see no reason we should not reassess our realistic prospects as being top 4 again.

Pleasing.

Hutton had the operation in the off season to remove a piece of floating bone in ankle. In all honesty his kicking has never been his strong point. I think the difference in mentality this year is due to Davie White being punted back to the Academy and Millen as sole assistant. He spent 10 minutes during warm up with Forrest and McGill discussing what he wanted done. I am under no illusion that we stay happy all season but if the current squad stays injury free (not including Bobo) a top 4 place is realistic and why not have a chance at the title. Merko may have had his 2 years apprenticeship in the role but Lachlan laid out terms of contract in black and white for all to see and perhaps that has been the kick up the arse he required!

The arrival of Murphy has been a masterful piece of business and I could watch the guy play all day long as he is a class act and so assured on and off the ball. Like everyone I know we are 2/3 short in numbers in the squad, however there were over 1100 there today and I counted 22 Forfar fans, so if everyone plus a mate buys a ticket for Tuesday there's £10k for another permanent player.

I hope Marko uses the loan market a bit better this season we have 5 loans available of which one can be an over 21 player.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having now seen the highlights of all 3 league games, I must say, the passing has been crisp and precise. Hopefully it continues on the plastic on Tuesday.

Cheers for the highlights.

Great safe by the Ayr keeper/defender when still at 0-0.

Looks like Ayr were all over us but not making much chances, was this the case or is it just because it's AyrTV?

Never a penalty, diving bas, away edit's 'Most despised Team thread" :P

Clear penalty, barged in the back.

I whole-heartedly agree. the boy gets nothing on the ball and takes Forrest out, shoulder barge or not its a foul. So as it was in the box...it's a penalty.

If Forrest continues as he has been, we wont keep him past January. Fingers crossed he's tied up.

P.s i missed the game, but agree the highlights make it seem as though we were all over them. heard from one or two that this was not the case.

As Dick Campbell said, Brechin had their chances, and our reporter seems to imply we were slightly lucky.....Thoughts?

Can't really see much of an argument with the penalty really. Agree with Tio that is was clear. Forrest cut across well, guy barged into him and that's that. Find it odd that others see it differently.

We had an absolute stonewaller missed in the 1st half too.

Can't really see much of an argument with the penalty really. Agree with Tio that is was clear. Forrest cut across well, guy barged into him and that's that. Find it odd that others see it differently.

We had an absolute stonewaller missed in the 1st half too.

To call that a barge is laughable, slightest of nudges and the guy goes down. Probably in the "seen them given" category

Not having this it was a clear penalty and the assault on Gilmour by Templeman was a stone Waller how the ref missed it I'll never know. Yes it was a tight game and yes Forfar are a very decent team but we took our chances and they didn't.

I do think this league is going to be very close though because we are much better than last season, Dunfermline will be strong, Morton will get better, Peterhead will not be easy to beat, Forfar look good and then you have Brechin, Stranraer & Stenny. Top four is going to be a real dog fight for all the contenders.

Ive made my position on the penalty perfectly clear in the highlights

I thought i seen you right of the goals but didn't think you were that tall, i that you were a lot shorter but still bald & unhandsome :P .

I think it was a penalty, although I thought the Ayr boy went down quite easily. That's the way of it these days, so we just have to take it on the chin, and move on. I don't think there were two goals between the teams, and both tried to play football. As you'd expect, the highlights focused on Ayr, but it was a bit closer than the highlights suggest. Had the keeper not made a good save from Denholm halfway through the second half, the scoreline could have been different. Have to say my enjoyment of the game was inhibited by being forced into the stand. I HATE sitting at football, and although moving to the terracing in front of the stand at half-time was a bit better, we were then too low down to appreciate all that was going on.

Good lucj against Kille, BTW.

Archived