William Hill Scottish cup 2014/15

The'FORD

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quicker than Taz ;) I better get started on these highlights anyway, hopefully give folk a better idea of the game and also the penalty claim that was denied. Here's a photee of it in the meantime

10624962_752656704791536_919923969980464

To be fair, I was at the game and I seem to remember Edinburgh having a penalty call which was arguably more controversially denied... Obviously didn't make the Hurlford highlight reel though! :oops

it's people like you that put folk off doing the highlights. If your not happy take your own camera and film it yourself.

After you were so keen to point out one pen shout thought someone should mention the other thats all

Personally I thought both teams should have had a penno

Have seen Edi Uni in the past albeit a few years ago but they've always been a decent side but they'll take a lot of confidence from first game and taking junior cup holders to a replay at home,close game with maybe just one goal in it.

Has no one mentioned that Ally Brown was fouled as the cross came in for Edinburgh Uni's 1st goal and that the player was lying on top of him as they scored. This is clearly shown on the highlights.

Great highlights as always Aaron!

I do agree we got luck at nil nil when I was expecting the ref to blow for a penalty which would have seen Ally Brown sent off only for him give us the offside. Some you get and we certainly got the rub if the green on that occasion.

Surely Hurlfords result is the most embarrassing result the juniors have ever had in the Senior Cup? A home draw against a shite uni team out of term time, what a joke

Edinburgh Uni 0 Hurlford United 5.

Was this result a little more to your satisfaction or do you just post to have a dig at teams.

Last weeks result was as disappointing as this was convincing and could easily have been a result of Cumnock v Muirkirk proportions!

Edinburgh Uni were not a patch of the team that played at Blair Park and this showed as they resorted to some egg chasing tactics (most of it going unpunished by the officials).

Well done to Darren and the lads on progressing to round 1 and good luck against the Medda tomorrow night!

C'mon the 'Ford!!

After you were so keen to point out one pen shout thought someone should mention the other thats all

Personally I thought both teams should have had a penno

when guys that do the filming at these matches it`s always 95% of the time for there own team that's why as killiepiyo said get someone to take your teams video...

Edinburgh Uni 0 Hurlford United 5.

Was this result a little more to your satisfaction or do you just post to have a dig at teams.

Last weeks result was as disappointing as this was convincing and could easily have been a result of Cumnock v Muirkirk proportions!

Edinburgh Uni were not a patch of the team that played at Blair Park and this showed as they resorted to some egg chasing tactics (most of it going unpunished by the officials).

Well done to Darren and the lads on progressing to round 1 and good luck against the Medda tomorrow night!

C'mon the 'Ford!!

Yes, if anything this proves I was right all along. Edinburgh Uni are dire and drawing with them at home is an embarrassment.

Well done on saving face and advancing to the next round

If memory serves me correct ( it often doesn't) junior sides haven't fared particularly well in replays in the Scottish. So well done hurlford- but have to agree that it's a pretty poor ed uni side that should really have been dispatched easily enough last week.

The Clach game should be a decent test but they're a club that varies a bit season to season.

Yes, if anything this proves I was right all along. Edinburgh Uni are dire and drawing with them at home is an embarrassment. Well done on saving face and advancing to the next round

Think if you had toned down the rhetoric a wee bit last weekend few on here would have disagreed with that assessment. Edinburgh Uni have it in their constitution that only students can play for them, so August isn't an easy time of year for them. They were a surprise selection for the Lowland League and it's definitely not comparable to being drawn against Spartans or Whitehill Welfare. Think it's Clach rather than Forres in the next round and that will be a tougher test, but one that a top west superleague club should be able to win more often than not.

Yes, if anything this proves I was right all along. Edinburgh Uni are dire and drawing with them at home is an embarrassment.

Well done on saving face and advancing to the next round

Thanks for that and I'm sure you'll be rooting for all The junior teams in the next round.

Some credit has to go to the students for earning a well deserved replay in the first place. They are a side which doesn't offer money or even expenses to play for them (unlike most other teams at lowland/junior level) and as mentioned they have in their constitution only students + a couple of alumni can play for them.

They also went down to 10 men early on in the 2nd half which didn't help

Archived