William Hill Scottish cup 2014/15

The'FORD

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Football would be so boring if all the favs won, shock results happen. Look at last season Largs beat us 1 nil ;)

You get shock results then you get what you guys got yesterday. The guy from Largs point is perfectly valid. You guys are up on a pedestal now, Scottish junior cup winner, third in west premier , not a club currently in first like my team or Largs you should be trouncing Edinburgh university for god sake.

I want hurlford to do well in the senior cup the guy from Largs will want them to do well nobody is having a go for the sake of it.

Sure your manager will have stern words and hurlford will go through despite yesterday's embarrassing result.

Sure your manager will have stern words and hurlford will go through despite yesterday's embarrassing result.

It's only embarrassing because some of you guys believe that Lowland League is a much lower standard than the top juniors. Freshers week may not have started but most of the football first team would be back at training. They are not like Glasgow Uni who don't play in the same standard of league.

Admittedly the students haven't won in their first three league matches this season but they would have done their homework on Hurlford.

I knew you would be on ha. Sorry an experienced side like hurlford should be thumping them, my opinion on that won't change no matter how much you try big them up mate.

Why should they be thumping them? What evidence is there that the top juniors are of much Higher standard?

I would have expected to Gretna to beat the students ( and they did last week) but not thumping them. They are a half decent team.

This is getting like the equivalent SOS League thread, where results being "surprising"/"disappointing" appear to be the same as them being "embarrassing".

Most people expected Hurlford to win. Undoubtedly.

Why? Various reasons:

* Hurlford are SJFA Cup champions

* Edinburgh Uni, while playing in a higher tier, have only just joined LL after mid-table EOS Premier finish, albeit they did win a minor cup

* Hurlford were at home

* Uni are still 4 weeks away from the start of term, which hampers their squad availability and training, albeit not as much as some would imagine; = that doesn't affect Hurlford

* Hurlford began with a win v Saltcots and draw at Darvel, while Uni opened with defeats at Whitehill and Gretna and a draw at debutants BSCG; = Hurlford are enjoying better form

However, it's a considerable leap from "expected to win" to the likes of "trounced", "thumped", "hammerred", "embarrassing", etc.

What could've justified expectations of 4, 6, 8 goal margins?

Cup ties can be difficult especially at start of season and when clubs dont know much about each other.The Uni team would have been well up for the game while Hurlford are still trying to get into the swing of things after a wee bit too much celebrating at end of last season.Hurlford will be better perpared for the replay,they know what they are up against now but credit to the Uni team,everybody expected 'Ford to win with a bit to spare,including no doubt the Hurlford players themselves but the students being clever folk obviously worked out an excellent game plan.

Edinburgh uni were actually decent ,full of energy and very athletic organised side .As far as I know they were back training two weeks before Hurlford returned to pre season as well so don't make judgement on teams that you have not seen and agree with others points concentrate on your own team -I'm sure this season Largs boy you would take your team winning the Scottish and getting put out in the prelim of the big cup next year #notgotaclue#

I will agree with him ,the students are not even back yet, they are basically using their under 21 players and amteur players from last year, so has to be the shock of the day for sure

I was expecting at least 7

well done to Edinburgh uni, tactically organised on the day

This

Fact they finished 5th and 6th in east of Scotland league, previous seasons

Drawing with broomhill who are only just up and running, a guy i used to work with plays for them and played against Edinburgh university and expected hurlford having also seen them himself last season to take four or five off them.

Fair play to them for the result but the only way for an experienced hurlford to save face is to get through convincingly and prove the first game was a one off. I expect them to.

Well as far as I was aware only over a year ago hurlford were not even in the top league of junior football so have no right just to beat any team and especially when you couldn't tell me anything about Edinburgh uni .My pal says Rangers should win every game easily without losing a goal in the championship this season but I guess our pals are not always right !!

Whats all this nonsense Junior supporters standing together, (is it some kind of tribalism?) to support the junior teams in the big Scottish Cup, what a load of dross, I would have been quite happy if both Talbot and Hurlford got beat.

The Juniors is not the same as the so called elite teams in Scotland. The culture and experience is worlds apart hence the reason junior fans support each other in the big cup.

If you have never supported a Junior team thrn you'll never understand where I am coming from but I respect you view.

RRG... my previous post was going down the angle that you and 1 or 2 other posters had just being getting a bit OTT in your terminology. But is what you are actually saying is - the fact that Edinburgh are a Lowland League side (or recently joined from the EOS League), or a university side, or both, enough in and of itself for you to conclude that Hurlford should be pasting 'em?

If so, on what grounds do you make such claims?

I guess you know fairly little of the university leagues or for that matter the EOS and Lowland leagues. What seems particularly puzzling is that the Hurlford posters themselves seem content to say that Edinburgh are a decent team, who afterall led 2-1 for part of the game after trailing 1-0, and at least worthy of their replay. It's other criticising!!

The Juniors is not the same as the so called elite teams in Scotland. The culture and experience is worlds apart hence the reason junior fans support each other in the big cup.

If you have never supported a Junior team thrn you'll never understand where I am coming from but I respect you view.

The idea that junior football is entirely different is a complete and utter myth.

All that post needs is the addition of Dvořák's New World Symphony. Romanticised Drivel

You get shock results then you get what you guys got yesterday. The guy from Largs point is perfectly valid. You guys are up on a pedestal now, Scottish junior cup winner, third in west premier , not a club currently in first like my team or Largs you should be trouncing Edinburgh university for god sake.

I want hurlford to do well in the senior cup the guy from Largs will want them to do well nobody is having a go for the sake of it.

If only the guy from Largs had put the point across in the constructive manner that you have then possibly he wouldn't be on the end of a barrage of anise from all side.

Yes the result was disappointing and I also think that Edinburgh Uni played well and would certainly hold their own in any top junior league.

And if that's them supposedly unfit then at no point did it show.

The bottom line is this.

We are still in the competition and will go to Prestonpans on Saturday knowing what to expect.

C'mon the 'Ford.

Edinburgh Uni were 9-1 at Hills to win.

The bookies are never wrong as they say. Whatever way you dress it up it is a poor result although Hurlford still have a chance to put it right

Lol just as well you never had cash on it as your 9/1 bet went down lol Thankfully lol

Archived