Under 21 East League

hoopla

Looking to start an under 21 East League, have backing but want to know what Junior Clubs would be interested before i go back to the proposed league and give them some rough figures. Please PM me if interested.

Have all contact details for Club secretaries but we know what a good percentage of them are like so really looking to see if managers are interested.

Cheers

Have all contact details for Club secretaries but we know what a good percentage of them are like so really looking to see if managers are interested.

Great idea, slag off the people who would make the decision about clubs entering the league :lol:

Have contacted a few Secretaries but they have knocked it back , but have spoken to a few managers of the same clubs and they would like it to go ahead, so see where you are coming from but if clubs have managers that are interested then they can persuade the rest to go with it. More work for the club secretaries so can understand why they don't want it, but I am just trying to see what we can do to give young lads a chance to continue playing.

Having been involved in youth football for a number of years, personally I feel a set up like this operating within the East Region framework is the next level for the progression of junior football. Confirmation would be required on who oversees the league and registration rules etc, but definately an idea worth considering.

There is already an East of Scotland U20 League (which has regularly included Junior clubs and now involves Lowland clubs also) - recently uprated from U19s - and as Burnieman notes there's also the Scottish Youth FA U21s & U19s.

How would it be a positive development to create another rival organisation?

Yes there is the league suggested by Burnie _ Man but as stated teams from out with the area will struggle to get in and can understand why a lot will come down to cost in getting teams to and from games unless supported i.e. finances for players etc. just looking to cast the eye further afield Fife League only goes to under 19's level, Perth teams under 16's , Dundee under 19's. Just trying to keep lads playing rather than toss then to the scrap heap at a young age. Some lads won't be ready to step up so just trying to give them a chance. Over the years like a lot of people on here we would have seen lads disappear at a young age who just needed that extra time to develop but nowhere for them to go. Just trying to gage the interest before we take it another step forward. Don't want to look back in years to come and say if only we looked at setting up an under 21 league ! HibeeJibee -- its not about creating another rival -- some leagues are only in selected areas and will only take teams from that area, just seeing what options we have at the moment

Well, couldn't Sauchie join the EOS U20s? They take teams from across the Lowlands, regardless of Senior/Junior status. Did they appeal to the Scottish Youth FA over their rejection?

What you seem to be suggesting is a seperate Junior U21s League... That would quite clearly would be another East organisation and a rival one, which AFAICS helps nobody.

Until the agreements of late 1990s and early 2000s there was a huge mess in Scottish youth football - with the various youth or juvenile organisations and some aspects falling under the remit of the Scottish Amateur FA. As of now there is at last a very clear structure with SPFL, Highland and Lowland U20s covering the Professional Game (both the latter do need new names admittedly as they are still called "Aberdeenshire" and "East of Scotland") and the Scottish Youth FA U21s & U19s covering the Non-Professional Game.

Overlap between both areas is accomodated by the fact that the "Aberdeenshire" and "EOS" can and do incorporate Junior, EOS & SOS clubs which have semi-professional adult operations.

Well, couldn't Sauchie join the EOS U20s? They take teams from across the Lowlands, regardless of Senior/Junior status. Did they appeal to the Scottish Youth FA over their rejection?

What you seem to be suggesting is a seperate Junior U21s League... That would quite clearly would be another East organisation and a rival one, which AFAICS helps nobody.

Until the agreements of late 1990s and early 2000s there was a huge mess in Scottish youth football - with the various youth or juvenile organisations and some aspects falling under the remit of the Scottish Amateur FA. As of now there is at last a very clear structure with SPFL, Highland and Lowland U20s covering the Professional Game (both the latter do need new names admittedly as they are still called "Aberdeenshire" and "East of Scotland") and the Scottish Youth FA U21s & U19s covering the Non-Professional Game.

Overlap between both areas is accomodated by the fact that the "Aberdeenshire" and "EOS" can and do incorporate Junior, EOS & SOS clubs which have semi-professional adult operations.

just looking at options it would be another year away lots of issues to look at just want to give it a chance and it will also give people a chance to discuss , and full understand where you are coming from

just looking at options it would be another year away lots of issues to look at just want to give it a chance and it will also give people a chance to discuss , and full understand where you are coming from

I think it's a good idea and one that should be explored. Good luck.

To be quite honest from a footballing perspective Sauchie are better off in West. Standard is much higher as Scottish Cup records prove.

We at Goldenhill beat Sauchie in Scottish last season but I was personally very impressed when I went to watch them the previous week. They'd stroll the current East 21s league

Surely the point isn't who would stroll what league, the whole idea is to have young players who are not ready to progress to junior football staying in the game. I know there could be time and referee issues but surely the positives outweigh the negatives.

One of the main things for me would be which parent association would be in charge of league administration. I believe if it was managed directly by the East Region Juniors it could be set up similar to the SPFL U-20s for example. Players would sign an amatuer form and be registered directly for the junior side, this would allow players to play for the youth and parent teams without the need for messy delayed transfer process. If games could be played on a Sunday this could allow players to be listed in the squad for both parent and youth games in a weekend. There could also be the possibility of a set number of overage players to be listed, which could allow inclusion of players returning from injury etc.

I think any initiative to have a youth team setup within the junior environment is welcome.

I'd like to see a setup where younger age groups would play in the local SYFA associations leagues but have an U21 League specific to only Junior clubs. I believe Rossvale have an academy set up as do Broomhill in the Lowland league, both being a great model to look at but obviously both clubs have plenty of dedicated volunteers to run such an expansive youth program and it's not every club that could achieve this. Alternatively clubs could go down the community club route and have local existing boys clubs under the umbrella of the community club, feeding into the Junior specific U21 team that would then hopefully produce a few players who can then go on and step up to the full Junior 1st team.

Archived