Midweek flutter

geo87

Got Maribor, Rijeka, Celtic, Astana and Nice on a 5 fold. None coming in as it stands but at about 1000 back from 3 pounds it was worth a shot. Also put five 4 folds on for a pound each as I'm a massive cheapskate.

Deveronvale at 3/1 away to Nairn looks good at McBookies. They put 3 past Turriff on Saturday despite losing 4-3. Close to evens would be more reasonable imo. Kick off 8pm.

Erm...Sorry about that, Vale lost 3-0 I think.

P.s. Should have tipped Huntly to beat Brora. f**k me.[emoji1]

11 hours ago, GeeJay said:

Forrest fluffing his one on one chance cost me close to 3 grand. Naeneck p***k.

Has anyone ever known a bookie to pay out on an accumulator if you were just one selection away as some sort of goodwill gesture? Woke up this morning and they've now voided my Celtic -1 handicap selection and paid out on the rest of the accumulator. Happy days!

1 hour ago, GeeJay said:

Has anyone ever known a bookie to pay out on an accumulator if you were just one selection away as some sort of goodwill gesture? Woke up this morning and they've now voided my Celtic -1 handicap selection and paid out on the rest of the accumulator. Happy days!

You weren't on Asian by mistake perhaps?

Definitely not it's a straight up -1... beside the selection result instead of win or lose it just says 'void'. It's with Paddy, and to be fair I am a very good customer to them so a goodwill gesture is the only way I can explain it. Bizarre nonetheless. I've withdrawn already, crossing my fingers I'll see it in my PayPal balance later!

5 hours ago, Trump said:

What's the thoughts for this weeks challenge cup? What value lies out there for the mug punter?

Well it's a minefield with some manager's treating this like a reserve fixture, but I have selflessly studied the absolute f**k out of the midweek games and my selections are as follows:

Raith Rovers to beat Brora by more than one goal (Evens, or 11/10)

I was concerned that Raith might rest a lot of players so I took the liberty of watching the interview with their assistant manager on raithrovers.net today (when I should have been listening to an horrendous conference call).  They seem to be preparing for it like any other game and no mention was made of changing the starting XI.  Although I expect they may rest 3 or 4, they are a full time club and they recently dispatched Buckie 1-6 in the league cup.

Now, Brora have been pretty useful in the Highland League over the last few seasons, but that's still a level below League 2.  They also have a 4 hour bus journey to Kirkcaldy to negotiate during the week.

The home win is 2/5 but I fancy Raith will win by a few, so my bet is Raith to win by at least 2 goals.

Alloa to win away to Dundee U20s (11/8 with McBookie, 5/4 elsewhere)

Less confident of this and I'll probably wait to hear the team news from Alloa before I place a bet.  But if you look at last season's cup, the various U20 teams on the whole faired pretty badly. There were exceptions -- such as Hearts U20s coming from 2-0 down to win at Stirling Albion, but we fielded a second string and got what we deserved.  If Alloa put out most of the their first team then they should take care of the Dundee youngsters.  Especially given last season, Dundee U20s only won 2 of their home league games all season (2016/17 U20 league table).  Granted their team may have changed, but the U20 league hasn't even started yet so they'll likely not be as sharp as Alloa.  The Wasps haven't been on fire this season by any means but I can't see past them here  I'd make them about 8/11, so 11/8 looks like a good bet.

--

I look forward to being inundated with complaints when neither of the above goes according to plan.

Edited by BinoBalls

Well it's a minefield with some manager's treating this like a reserve fixture, but I have selflessly studied the absolute f**k out of the midweek games and my selections are as follows:
I was concerned that Raith might rest a lot of players so I took the liberty of watching the interview with their assistant manager on raithrovers.net today (when I should have been listening to an horrendous conference call).  They seem to be preparing for it like any other game and no mention was made of changing the starting XI.  Although I expect they may rest 3 or 4, they are a full time club and they recently dispatched Buckie 1-6 in the league cup.
Now, Brora have been pretty useful in the Highland League over the last few seasons, but that's still a level below League 2.  They also have a 4 hour bus journey to Kirkcaldy to negotiate during the week.
The home win is 2/5 but I fancy Raith will win by a few, so my bet is Raith to win by at least 2 goals.
Less confident of this and I'll probably wait to hear the team news from Alloa before I place a bet.  But if you look at last season's cup, the various U20 teams on the whole faired pretty badly. There were exceptions -- such as Hearts U20s coming from 2-0 down to win at Stirling Albion, but we fielded a second string and got what we deserved.  If Alloa put out most of the their first team then they should take care of the Dundee youngsters.  Especially given last season, Dundee U20s only won 2 of their home league games all season (2016/17 U20 league table).  Granted their team may have changed, but the U20 league hasn't even started yet so they'll likely not be as sharp as Alloa.  The Wasps haven't been on fire this season by any means but I can't see past them here  I'd make them about 8/11, so 11/8 looks like a good bet.
--
I look forward to being inundated with complaints when neither of the above goes according to plan.

That double is a handout! You're buying my friend, enjoy!

19 hours ago, BinoBalls said:

--

Sounds good to me. Think I'll throw in St Mirren -1, got a feeling we are gonna play a pretty strong team, 1/4 to win at home to EK but probably get close to evens for -1. We beat Airdrie 5-1 and Stranraer 4-1 in the League Cup so I don't think Jack Ross underestimates teams in leagues below us. I'll wait and see the team news first though.