Midweek flutter

geo87

Won £25 on Celtic - Gladbach, woop woop - paying my stake + £15 of the winnings back into my debit card.

Decided to put the £10 remaining profit on Zenit tomorrow to beat Dundalk @ 1.34 or 1/3 on betfair. Bit of a casual gambler and tbh I'm going a little by name only but that seems like good value? Would have Zenit winning higher than 75%, probably something like 1.2 or 1/5.

Toying with going over 2.5 goals too @ 1.7 or maybe going a bit more balls to the wall and laying fairly heavily against the Dundalk win, any thoughts? Apologies if this is a wee bit of a daft post, don't tend to lurk this forum much.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

Completely agree with Zenit, top of the Russian league and should have way too much for the part-timers who have racked up a few decent results but this is a much harder test than anything they've faced before. -1 at 10/11 (Coral, Paddy, Ladbrokes) also looks good.

Two other prices stuck out for me:

Flying high at top of Romanian league, Steaua Bucharest at home to FC Zurich (who play in the Swiss 2nd tier) is 10/11 (WHills) which almost seems too good to be true. I haven't checked team news yet though.

Man Utd should cope comfortably with Fenerbache, I think 8/13 (Betfred) for the home win is decent value. United aren't exactly setting the heather alight so far this season, but Fener are doing pretty badly - 9 points from 7 opening league games in a far inferior league. Niggling doubt would be what team Mourinho sends out in a competition he obviously doesn't care an awful lot about.

4 hours ago, GeeJay said:

Completely agree with Zenit, top of the Russian league and should have way too much for the part-timers who have racked up a few decent results but this is a much harder test than anything they've faced before. -1 at 10/11 (Coral, Paddy, Ladbrokes) also looks good.

Two other prices stuck out for me:

Flying high at top of Romanian league, Steaua Bucharest at home to FC Zurich (who play in the Swiss 2nd tier) is 10/11 (WHills) which almost seems too good to be true. I haven't checked team news yet though.

Man Utd should cope comfortably with Fenerbache, I think 8/13 (Betfred) for the home win is decent value. United aren't exactly setting the heather alight so far this season, but Fener are doing pretty badly - 9 points from 7 opening league games in a far inferior league. Niggling doubt would be what team Mourinho sends out in a competition he obviously doesn't care an awful lot about.

Good stuff - at work but will shop around a bit.

Was thinking about Man Utd to win too and under 2.5 goals, will check on my break.

Playing it safeish with Zent, put another tenner on last night at 1.34. Dundalk allegedly with some injury doubts too. Deffo gonna look at -1 at those odds if i can get similar.

18 hours ago, TheScarf said:

This'll no doubt be a loser by 1 goal.

IMG_0397.PNG

Ah well, I was missing a Celtic and a Dynamo Kiev goal.  Celtic were never scoring last night, you could see that after about 10 minutes.

Nice bet!

Thinking of this for tonight:

Zenit 1/3

Roma 2/7

Man U 8/15

Feyenoord 8/13

Shakter Donetsk 2/5

Victoria Plzen 2/5

Just over £40 return from a fiver.

Thanks won over £600 the last two days but I've been lucky. That's not a bad return, I always do a handicapped bet cause the odds aren't great. The price I got on Benfica last night was crazy. 2/5 on arsenal -1 which was poor but going by the game I now know why.

1 hour ago, Sx Drugz N Martin Jol said:

Thanks won over £600 the last two days but I've been lucky. That's not a bad return, I always do a handicapped bet cause the odds aren't great. The price I got on Benfica last night was crazy. 2/5 on arsenal -1 which was poor but going by the game I now know why.

Aye I was thinking the same about Benfica. Good odds on Schalke tonight, they've been crap in the league but won their first 2 games in Europe so hopefully get a win tonight.