Airdrie v Peterhead - for both sets of fans

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was the result fair? Was Parkers red merited? Any kind of a game?

We had probably more of the ball until Parker went off. We didn't do much, to be fair, but Peterhead didn't have a single shot on target until their goal. On the balance of play we could be considered unlucky not to take a point. The finish for the first goal was excellent though. A great touch, turn and finish.

The second goal - defender beaten for pace and the 'keeper looked indecisive. Had he came out, it would have been cleared.

Parker's red - for me it looked like he had his jersey tugged, though a few other Airdrie fans think he dived. Difficult to tell but it certainly changed the game.

For Peterhead, looks like they could certainly stay up, but will have to improve.

For us, need the 'keeper situation sorted. The defense were caught out of position too many times and only really Lister showed up today. Confident we can improve though.

Inconsistent ref killed the game.

Airdrie were in relative control until Parker was wrongly sent off for diving. Why would he dive when he was clean through on goal and not even in the box? The number 6 was lucky not to get sent off for his assault on Parker earlier in the game too. And where were Andy Roger's cards for diving?

Thought Lister worked hard, especially when on his own upfront, but was let down by a lack of support and a poor midfield. O'Neil also had a good game too IMO and the defence dealt with the threat of McAlistair well.

Was disappointed with the midfield. No creativity at all and no one that can take control of the game. Craig Barr is a massive loss and it is clear that we haven't brought in a suitable replacement. Could we possibly use the Watt, Allan and Coogans transfer money to bring some quality into the midfield?

Need a new keeper too as McNeil isn't good enough. Didn't catch a cross the whole game and committed another howler for their second.

Disappointing stuff but early days...

Inconsistent ref killed the game.

Airdrie were in relative control until Parker was wrongly sent off for diving. Why would he dive when he was clean through on goal and not even in the box? The number 6 was lucky not to get sent off for his assault on Parker earlier in the game too. And where were Andy Roger's cards for diving?

Thought Lister worked hard, especially when on his own upfront, but was let down by a lack of support and a poor midfield. O'Neil also had a good game too IMO and the defence dealt with the threat of McAlistair well.

Was disappointed with the midfield. No creativity at all and no one that can take control of the game. Craig Barr is a massive loss and it is clear that we haven't brought in a suitable replacement. Could we possibly use the Watt, Allan and Coogans transfer money to bring some quality into the midfield?

Need a new keeper too as McNeil isn't good enough. Didn't catch a cross the whole game and committed another howler for their second.

Disappointing stuff but early days...

From where I was sitting it looked like a clear dive to me.

From where I was sitting it looked like a clear dive to me.

Same with me. If the highlights prove he has dived I'd be happy never to see him in an Airdrie jersey again. Firstly, he's utter shite and secondly, he's the kind of player that would rather dive to get a penalty than score and easy 1v1 chance. Dafty.

He single handedly managed to ruin a lot of the Aces first game of the season and I imagine a lot of them won't be keen to come back. Real shame.

I wasn't sure at all. Seen Lister say to Bollan after the incident that the defender had Parker's shirt.

We'll never know though as we don't do any highlights.

We don't do highlights but Peterhead do (sign of the times) so we will know whenever they are up on their site. I don't really care though.

We aren't getting near the playoffs and even if we did we wouldn't win it. It's mid table league one dross for Airdrie for the foreseeable future and that's the reality of it.... And why wouldn't it be when we struggle to get 600 at games!

Feck this, am gon shoppin next sat :)

We had probably more of the ball until Parker went off. We didn't do much, to be fair, but

Peterhead didn't have a single shot on target

until their goal. On the balance of play we could

be considered unlucky not to take a point. The

finish for the first goal was excellent though. A

great touch, turn and finish.

Cheers for that, seems like an honest review of both good & bad. Can't believe we've signed Mark Millar, must've been playing as a trialist cos his papers weren't through.

The second goal - defender beaten for pace and the 'keeper looked indecisive. Had he came out, it would have been cleared.

Parker's red - for me it looked like he had his jersey tugged, though a few other Airdrie fans think he dived. Difficult to tell but it certainly changed the game.

For Peterhead, looks like they could certainly stay up, but will have to improve.

For us, need the 'keeper situation sorted. The defense were caught out of position too many times and only really Lister showed up today. Confident we can improve though.

Peterhead made two substitutions after Airdrie went down to 10 men and this helped them too stretch the game and have Airdrie chasing the game even more, Airdrie blundered by not making the subsitutions earlier only put on a sub after Peterhead were in the lead and by that time it was too late

I couldn't tell whether he dived, however there's little doubt he was looking to get fouled and get the player sent-off. He could have run straight in on goal but instead ran at an angle away from goal across the path of the defender, you would only do that if you were looking to get clipped. There was almost a half still to play, so getting them down to 10 men at that time plus getting a penalty/free-kick seems plenty of incentive. He had also been having a running fued with the number 6 in the first half so maybe just wanted him to get sent-off.

Either way it's covering up the main issue which is that we aren't good enough at the moment. Peterhead do not look a good side, and neither did Stenny, yet we've taken nothing. I don't know whether to be pessimistic that we've lost to two poor sides, or optimistic that there are sides just as bad as us.

This is mostly for Airdrie fans, but any visiting Peterhead fans with kids are more than welcome to come along and enjoy whats being laid on. We will, of course, welcome donations of any old football strips you have for KitAid.

Saturday sees another massive day in the Supporters’ Trusts’ Football Strip Amnesty initiative. We have already reached many of the milestones and targets we set ourselves when we 1st drew up the plan….

Increased press exposure locally and nationally – tick.

Targeted all schools in North Lanarkshire – tick.

Increased the clubs’ profile in Airdrie – tick.

Sourced thousands of strips for charity – tick.

Increased membership of Trust and Aces – tick.

Work in partnership with local businesses to benefit and promote both parties – tick.

Rekindled interest amongst old and new fans, young and old - ????

Good work from the trust today. Lots of youngsters and many old faces I've not seen for a few years. Pity the result will negate any positives.

Archived