Morton v Stranraer + bonus Dundee seethe

Could he afford his wages? Surely he'd only be saying he doesn't know if he's interested because his wages would be so high for your level?

“I did get a text from an agent regarding Mark Millar on Sunday I think it was, but I said I was just going to let things settle down and assess my squad at this moment in time.

“Mark Millar and Paddy Cregg are good players, but whether they are players we actually need at this moment in time is something I need to think about."

As you say, surely the only consideration with players like Millar or Cregg is if there's enough in the budget for their wages. What on earth Duffy's going on about, I'm not so sure.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is absolutely no justification for failing to offer Millar a contract, he'd be an outstanding signing and having to think about it is another indication that Duffy is absolutely clueless.

On that, I loved his complaint after the Ayr game that the team 'didn't pass the ball.' That probably had something to do with you screaming at players to 'get it into the corner' or 'play it over the top' every single time we were in possession, Jim.

If he is one of the nicest people in football, not to mention one who respects his own excellent name as a player for the club, then he'd have the grace to resign with, oh, immediate effect.

I feel your pain, I've been through it.

As you say, surely the only consideration with players like Millar or Cregg is if there's enough in the budget for their wages. What on earth Duffy's going on about, I'm not so sure.

I'm struggling to believe that what I just read is true. Surely f*cking not? "Whether they are players we actually need in this moment in time is something I have to think about" :1eye

Aye just you continue to play a centre back & an attacking midfielder in holding midfield ya baldy baloon.

The only reason, you'd imagine, we couldn't sign Miller is because we don't have the funds, and if that actually is the case, Jim should come out and say that.

If, however, he truly has to take time and think about whether or not MARK F*CKING MILLER would be a good addition to this incredibly shit League 1 side, then I'm afraid he must have suffered from a major, major head injury.

I would like to kindly request that all Dundee fans gtf back to their own forum, and let us be. We're trying to deal with having Jim Duffy as manager in our own way, we don't need you lot coming down here and letting us know just how bad we have it.

If they clear off Brechin supporters could pick up the thread of Jim Duffy being honking if you like?

Paddy Cregg would have absolutely skooshed your league. He was desperate to stay in Scotland too. Alas, he's now signed for Shamrock Rovers. Pity as he was excellent for us.

As an aside, how long is Duffy's contract?

As far as the game is concerned, I'd be surprised to see us take anything from this.

Some of Stranraer's away results last year were quite impressive, just remains to be seen if they will be as good this season. Plus they owe us a doing or two or three.

We look clueless and toothless, so no better opportunity for a visiting side to take full points off us.

Hope to feck that I'm wrong.

Edit - and this "Stinlar" thing is probably the worse ever patter on P&B. Even more so than that "dece" crap.

Paddy Cregg would have absolutely skooshed your league. He was desperate to stay in Scotland too. Alas, he's now signed for Shamrock Rovers. Pity as he was excellent for us.

As an aside, how long is Duffy's contract?

Two years.

As if being stuck with him for two minutes isn't a total fucking embarrassment.

Can't say I'm looking forward to this much. Duffy's awful transfer strategy - the latest gem being the refusal to sign Mark Millar when offered him - coupled with some bog average performances has already got me on a downer this season.

Don't imagine there being much of a crowd for this one either, despite it being the first home league game of the season.

I'll go for 0-1 with Duffy blaming everything but himself for the defeat.

Gotta love this new season optimism, eh?

Rarely seen a game where the penalty even at the time looked certain to completely change the outcome. Stranraer's goalkeeper really shouldn't have challenged near the player. We're in complete control and looking quite relaxed with the ball ever since.

Stephen Stirling has rather unsurprisingly been atrocious at Cappielow.

Archived