Sportsound Watch

It's a complete mystery how such embarrassingly awful broadcasters are employed by BBC WATP.

To be fair to Ferguson he bangs on far more about Hamilton than he does Rangers, and even then it's usually when someone asks him.

He also believed Hamilton were going to overturn the loss against Hibs and win promotion.

Enjoyed the McGeady interview the other night. Especially when the interviewer (Liam McLeod maybe) referred to McCarthy and Naisy as "your fellow Scots at Everton" and McGeady just glossed over it.

McLeod doesn't get enough recognition as a troll. Mentioned Stokes being in the provisional Ireland squad during the League Cup final the other week, was a nice wee slip.

• 1 month later...

So the BBC are doing live radio commentary from Hampden tonight for the Youth Cup final.

How many times have they ignored league games this season yet put this pish on?

You don't even have to guess who is in the final :rolleyes: .

Will Chick Dung continue his pretence to be a Buddies supporter? The broadcasters can't do enough for the Sevconian and Sellick hordes. IIRC BT Sport had live Sevco games on 3 Friday nights in a row during the fannies' boycott.

Auntie and BT seem to be working closely together. There are live BT commentaries repeated on MOTD. Balding has chat shows on both channels. Then there thick pundits (especially Savage) who work for them too.

Then there is Al Jazeera Sport with Linacre et al. If only we could have intelligent and articulate presenters!

So the BBC are doing live radio commentary from Hampden tonight for the Youth Cup final.

How many times have they ignored league games this season yet put this pish on?

You don't even have to guess who is in the final :rolleyes: .

I'm pretty sure they've covered the Youth Cup Final in recent years too. It's really a no win for the guys at the BBC at times - decide to cover the YC Final and folk will say it's because that lot are in it, don't cover it and they're accused of ignoring a significant youth tournament that deserves coverage.

The worst thing for me is the constant Rangers obsession. Now I know that, like sex, it sells. However, almost nightly we have Kenny McIntyre reading out a whole list of exciting things that have happened in Scottish football - manager departures, play-offs, player departures, disciplinary hearings etc etc; before saying "But first, the latest on Rangers."

If it was to do with their brilliant first goal v Hibs the other night, or something of that ilk I'd be far more receptive to it being covered. After all, it was a big goal for a big club in a big game. But is there anyone of a non-Rangers persuasion out there that remotely cares about the boardroom intricacies at Ibrox?

Let's get the football 'out the way' first, then mention whatever the latest Rangers chairman/director has had to say if you have time at the end. After all, Rangers fans aren't listening, or at least believing, the BBC as they think they're biased against RFC. So what's the point in alienating the fans of smaller teams that are desperate for any smidgen of coverage that they might get from the national broadcaster?

Up and down the country there are interesting football stories happening all the time. Give them the coverage they deserve. Bring back Jim Spence's "Beyond the SPL" and allow wannabe journalists from all corners of Scotland to produce pieces on their local side to get aired. I'd be interested, and I'm sure plenty of others would be too, not to mention the aspiring journalists that could get a boost from having their work so publicly available.

I long for the day that every club gets a fair crack of the whip from time to time, however picking on Sportsound for rightly covering youth football is the wrong use of anger IMHO. Get it directed toward Mr "but first Rangers" and his bosses for constantly ignoring the lesser lights of our game.

Who actually listens to sportsound anyway, unless your own team is being covered and you can't make the game and it's not on TV?

I quite like Jim Spence, his twitter is decent at least. Always bigging up the smaller clubs and barely conceals his contempt for the old firm. He does love United though but at least he doesn't try to hide it and isn't particularly biased about them anyway.

Of the 3 games on today, 2 have something at stake, one of which is a local derby, and 1 is meaningless with both teams resting many first team regulars.

Guess what game is getting live coverage?

Edited by DA Baracus