Sportsound Watch

4 hours ago, shull said:

Knowledge of 40 Scottish Football Diddy Clubs not required.

All candidates must ensure the name of the school they went to is included in their application.

After they wheeled out the laughably irrelevant Clint Hill earlier in the week to give the probably pre-prepared sound bites about how absolutely definitely massive the Celtic/Sevco game is and how it's definitely huge around the world and watched by millions and how Scottish football needs a strong 'Rangers'*, Alan Stubbs tonight said that it was good for Scottish football that Sevco are better at the moment than they have been. Richard Gordon even managed to get in a mention of 'when 'Rangers'* went down to League 2'.

Dont know how he came over on radio but I was sitting over twenty feet away from Bonner at Rugby Park and heard every fucking word he said .

Shouting  shite so loudly into the microphone that he kept waking me up.

Didn't need a bloody microphone as I'm sure they would have heard him in Glasgow anyway.

2 hours ago, Public menace said:

Listened today for the first time in a long time. After hearing Willie millers unenthusiastic sarcastic pish, don’t think I’ll be listening again.

Why the bbc persevere with him is a mystery to me.

And Bonner too. He mentioned today that Boyd had been substituted, then about 20 minutes later had a 1 on 1 with the Ross County keeper.

I generally just have 'off the ball' on in the background more out of habit than anything else these days but I have noticed that Stuart Cosgrove really doesn't like getting corrected on mistakes he has made. If somebody contacts with a correction he will admit he was wrong but be a bit snippy about it.

6 minutes ago, Swordfishtrombone said:

I generally just have 'off the ball' on in the background more out of habit than anything else these days but I have noticed that Stuart Cosgrove really doesn't like getting corrected on mistakes he has made. If somebody contacts with a correction he will admit he was wrong but be a bit snippy about it.

These days, Cosgrove is very seldom not wrong.

He's clearly a clever, capable guy, but his capacity for talking rubbish is almost impressive now.

14 hours ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

Dont know how he came over on radio but I was sitting over twenty feet away from Bonner at Rugby Park and heard every fucking word he said .

Shouting  shite so loudly into the microphone that he kept waking me up.

Didn't need a bloody microphone as I'm sure they would have heard him in Glasgow anyway.

11 hours ago, paul wright scores said:

And Bonner too. He mentioned today that Boyd had been substituted, then about 20 minutes later had a 1 on 1 with the Ross County keeper.

My favourite yesterday was him describing Ross County's second goal - "it was Alex Schalke, who hasn't long come on for..........eerrrrrr.........a substitution" :lol:

14 hours ago, Public menace said:

Listened today for the first time in a long time. After hearing Willie millers unenthusiastic sarcastic pish, don’t think I’ll be listening again.

Why the bbc persevere with him is a mystery to me.

Miller had a spectacular meltdown yesterday. “I don’t know why the Partick Thistle fans are getting excited. I can only assume it’s because they’ve crossed the halfway line for the first time.”

As funny as it was, it’s absolutely disgraceful that this dour p***k is allowed to commentate on the Aberdeen game every week for the national broadcaster. He’s every bit as bad as the ridiculous Rangers TV commentator, minus the enthusiasm.

Willie Miller gets paid to watch and talk about football but you would be forgiven for thinking that he works down a coal mine for 13 hours a day on minimum wage.

13 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

These days, Cosgrove is very seldom not wrong.

He's clearly a clever, capable guy, but his capacity for talking rubbish is almost impressive now.

In view of Charlie Nicholas' comments this week re: McTominay, he was ranting about 'Englishman' Warren Cummings being picked for Scotland under Vogts on the teatime show, alluded to him being so bad that he was now 'out the game' or words to that effect and then was stopped in his tracks by the guest (whose name I did not catch as I had only just turned on) saying that he had a Scottish accent - "are you sure?" asked Cosgrove? Maybe like Cummings he chould consider retirement as invariably he speaks utter guff and (unlike Tam) isn't funny with it either.

Edited by cmontheloknow