Sportsound Watch

11 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

I like Derek Ferguson. He loves Scottish football. It doesn't matter to him it it's Rangers, Celtic or Elgin he's covering - he'll still be as happy as a pig in shit. Which is more than can be said for the likes of Willie Miller and Packie Bonner.

He's an easy target because he isn't the most articulate and he happens to be the brother of Barry Ferguson.

It's more for his club association opening doors than his brother. 

Spot on.
It's actually disgraceful how much guys like Chick Young, Preston etc moan about having to cover the smaller sides. The sarcasm and bitterness just oozes out of them.

Not always true. Chick absolutely loves coming to Somerset. And I'm sure I've heard him wax lyrical about a few other 'proper' grounds too.

I'd hate having to go to places like Hamilton, Inverness, and dingwall every now and then (covers head and awaits incoming).

Steven Thompson saying things like "apparently" and "it would seem so" when getting asked about the Rangers-Dunfermline game. Are they still pretending to not be watching the games at Ibrox?

Not pretending anymore.
The commentator at Dens described him sitting in the studio watching a live feed.

1 hour ago, mjw said:

Not pretending anymore.
The commentator at Dens described him sitting in the studio watching a live feed.

I didn't exactly mean it that way.

It was more that they shouldn't be saying "apparently" when describing everything that happens just because they're watching it on a stream. Just describe what's happening. You don't have to pretend that because you're not physically at Ibrox that you're not watching the game when you clearly are.

On 08/08/2017 at 17:54, Hammer Jag said:

I like Derek Ferguson. He loves Scottish football. It doesn't matter to him it it's Rangers, Celtic or Elgin he's covering - he'll still be as happy as a pig in shit. Which is more than can be said for the likes of Willie Miller and Packie Bonner.

He's an easy target because he isn't the most articulate and he happens to be the brother of Barry Ferguson.

Enthusiasm for Scottish football and the ability to speak English properly should be the two basic requirements of the job. I don't mind Derek Ferguson but someone give him some pointers, FFS.

Don't care about someone speaking English properly, that's boring. Much more entertaining hearing the accents and more colourful use of language guys like Ferguson provide imo.

Speaking with an accent/using colourful language and speaking English properly are not mutually exclusive.

I'd prefer to simply hear much more about the other 40 clubs in Scotland, rather than pish like the Mols interview. Whenever Brendan takes a dump, they'll analyze it tae f**k.

Well aye this would be brilliant too and is by far the worst thing about the programme. You even feel lucky when they speak about Hearts/Hibs or Aberdeen nowadays.

Speaking with an accent/using colourful language and speaking English properly are not mutually exclusive.

I know but If they don't use English properly couldn't care less everyone understands what they're saying. Graham Spiers actually annoys me a bit by using it too well at times.

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Well aye this would be brilliant too and is by far the worst thing about the programme. You even feel lucky when they speak about Hearts/Hibs or Aberdeen nowadays.

I know but If they don't use English properly couldn't care less everyone understands what they're saying. Graham Spiers actually annoys me a bit by using it too well at times.

^^^ Doesn't understand big words

16 hours ago, Nightmare said:

I didn't exactly mean it that way.

It was more that they shouldn't be saying "apparently" when describing everything that happens just because they're watching it on a stream. Just describe what's happening. You don't have to pretend that because you're not physically at Ibrox that you're not watching the game when you clearly are.

The only way they could watch last night's game was via "Rangers" TV or a supposedly illegal stream - the BBC don't have any League Cup rights so no feed would be coming into the studio.

So they would want to avoid explicitly saying they can see it since neither option is particularly good.