Sportsound Watch

Funny how they're mad about the bottom of the championship now a few of their St Mirren related mates are involved.

The weegie media has such a hardon for St Mirren. The level of seethe when we beat them a couple of weeks back was utterly glorious.

People were moaning when they weren't covering the championship and now they are. Personally, I despise most of the championship clubs so I hope there is a complete media blackout from next season onwards. And that it financially crushes their pathetic, diddy clubs. 

^^^

not enjoyed the journey 

32 minutes ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

People were moaning when they weren't covering the championship and now they are. Personally, I despise most of the championship clubs so I hope there is a complete media blackout from next season onwards. And that it financially crushes their pathetic, diddy clubs. 

Can we just live off the green pound I take it? x

10 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Funny how they're mad about the bottom of the championship now a few of their St Mirren related mates are involved.

Did you hear the presenter last night ask if we were part-time, and then comment that there couldn't be many other part-time clubs in the league?

Honestly man, surely any person with a reasonable interest in Scottish football knows that.

The St Mirren stuff is crazy. Don't get me wrong, they've done very well to get out from where they are, but they've brought in a lot of players who are, at worst, lower end Premiership/top three Championship. Whilst that's happened Raith have completely imploded, and Ayr United have continued to be pretty rubbish - only really ever beating us.

How can Sportsound manage to maintain any semblance of credibility and claim to cover all Scottish football when that softly spoken substitute presenter who patently knows absolutely nothing bar what's written in front of him, enquires to Stevie Aitken "are you part time?" and "how many teams in the league are part time?" as if the second tier is some kind of uncharted ground.

I did enjoy Willie Miller making a snide remark about Celtic getting 700 tickets less than Aberdeen for the cup final, saying that they can appeal it and it'll probably be overturned.

Allan Preston repeating the same old, xenophobic nonsense at the moment. 

"Hearts have too many foreigners" 

"They don't know what it means to play in Scotland"

Utter brexit-bullshit. How many teams at Celtic or Rangers or in England have been full of foreign players, and performed fantastically. There's no organisation in the Hearts team yeah, but its not because they're all foreign. Its because they've been playing together for about 4 months. A good manager will take time to recruit well, and recruit from whatever market they feel will give them the players they require for the system they want to implement. Criticise Cathro for not being able to do this by all means, but criticising him for signing foreign players is just bollocks. 

"Aberdeen's team is all British" 

I think Rooney, McGinn, Hayes, and O'Connor would disagree with that comment. 

TL;DR - f**k up Biscuits. 

19 hours ago, RussellAnderson said:

Allan Preston repeating the same old, xenophobic nonsense at the moment. 

"Hearts have too many foreigners" 

"They don't know what it means to play in Scotland"

Utter brexit-bullshit. How many teams at Celtic or Rangers or in England have been full of foreign players, and performed fantastically. There's no organisation in the Hearts team yeah, but its not because they're all foreign. Its because they've been playing together for about 4 months. A good manager will take time to recruit well, and recruit from whatever market they feel will give them the players they require for the system they want to implement. Criticise Cathro for not being able to do this by all means, but criticising him for signing foreign players is just bollocks. 

"Aberdeen's team is all British" 

I think Rooney, McGinn, Hayes, and O'Connor would disagree with that comment. 

TL;DR - f**k up Biscuits. 

Preston is a fucking clown. The whole "foreign players don't care" is bullshit, and is the default setting of a moron with no other analysis to offer. How that fat mess still gets a gig on the radio I will never know.

Willie Miller on Saturday, summarising from Fir Park on the Motherwell v Ross County game expressed his confusion on County "unusually" using a back three.  They used a back three/five in the two games previous, both of which were on the telly!

21 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

Willie Miller on Saturday, summarising from Fir Park on the Motherwell v Ross County game expressed his confusion on County "unusually" using a back three.  They used a back three/five in the two games previous, both of which were on the telly!

Willie Miller doesn't do research though. He admitted as much on Sportsound a while back I seem to recall in what was a stunning admission from a paid pundit.

Willie Miller doesn't do research though. He admitted as much on Sportsound a while back I seem to recall in what was a stunning admission from a paid pundit.

His approach to running a business can't be much different.

The two at the ICT v Hamilton game (paid to commentate on football) didn't know you can now get a free-kick for offside in the offending team's own half. I'd like to say I'm surprised but Liam McLeod and Barry Wilson are both idiots.

In contrast to the well deserved criticism it gets, Sportsound has been brilliant in recent months of highlighting issues around mental health.

As a man who has suffered from severe depression in the past myself, it is fantastic that the importance of mental health is being highlighted so often by the show. Whilst done through the medium of football and footballing personalities highlighting their own struggles, if it helps even just one person to seek help, then it has made a difference.

I know this is a rare note and totally against the tone of this thread - well done Sportsound!

Agreed. Whenever they speak about it they also do so very well and they all come across very well on the subject.

Kenny Macintyre did add at the end that tomorrow Morton play Falkirk in the playoffs