Sportsound Watch

Bit busy at moment but it kind of explains itself.

No it does not. I know it's a competition and they do not deserve to be there.

But I think the premiership would be a lot better to watch/more interesting for a neutral like myself with 3/4 Edinburgh derbies and Dundee derbies. Plus the 2 clubs being there and playing week in week out.

They need to do the talking on the pitch though of course.

He's a bitter, bitter man. "Natural order"? OK, he's paid by the BBC and has to spout their orthodoxy but I thought he might have a bit more integrity and admit that teams who don't win enough games get relegated and stay relegated. What he, and the BBC, mean is that Killie, Accies , ICT and County can gtf.

Is he really suggesting that they weren't relegated though?

It's perfectly acceptable to think that the bigger clubs not being in the top league damages our game - but also think that's what happens when they get relegated.

No it does not. I know it's a competition and they do not deserve to be there.

But I think the premiership would be a lot better to watch/more interesting for a neutral like myself with 3/4 Edinburgh derbies and Dundee derbies. Plus the 2 clubs being there and playing week in week out.

They need to do the talking on the pitch though of course.

This seems the sensible opinion here - and is what I thought Miller was saying.

Is he really suggesting that they weren't relegated though?

It's perfectly acceptable to think that the bigger clubs not being in the top league damages our game - but also think that's what happens when they get relegated.

Shite football damages our game. The size of the club id s irrelevant.

Not completely irrelevant.

Larger clubs have more potential. If they're doing well then there's more scope for success in Europe and the likes. It also increases the likelihood of sponsors or TV deals.

Agree about the TV deal point, not so much about Europe.

For me it would just make for alot more interesting games to watch on the tele and there'd be a cracking fixture every few weeks.

The closed shop stuff really isn't what anybody is saying at all, I personally love seeing teams punch above their weight.

But I think the top flight would be a lot more interesting for the neutral for the reasons stated above if Hibs and United were up there. I'd argue that when Hearts/Hibs and Rangers were in the championship it was just as if not more interesting keeping tabs on the Championship for the neutral.

Yeah, who needs new rivalries created, or smaller clubs given the chance to grow as clubs, when we all can hark back to the past as it's some form of testament to how the shape of things should look up here.

Yeah, who needs new rivalries created, or smaller clubs given the chance to grow as clubs, when we all can hark back to the past as it's some form of testament to how the shape of things should look up here.

Very simple question.

Do you accept that there is a negative financial consequence of our major teams being out the top flight?