Sportsound Watch

2 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Slightly old news now but I listened to the Off The Ball podcast the other night and Andy Cameron was on yet again.  Why's this guy on constantly and when was he last any good?  Someone somewhere must've found him funny but to me he just sounded like some drunk old pensioner.

Thousands found him funny. ***s. 

I think I’ve said it in this thread before but:

- his lack of knowledge is frustrating

- his negativity as soon as a game doesn’t live up to expectations is frustrating

- his ‘big clubs’ mantra is frustrating

- however, I do feel his analysis and knowledge of the game is very good

- he’s willie miller ffs, leave him alone

Agree with 99.99% of that

Except

- he’s God ffs, leave him alone.

Surprised Scott McDonald doesn’t get more stick. The guy is prob more clueless than most on there.

Not just for the fact he is co commentator for Celtic CL games and says “we” whilst playing for other clubs.

Last night though....

He hasn’t seen Lewis Morgan play but he is a stick on for Championship POTY.....

Says Christie is far and away our best player and should be YPOTY. Despite the fact he has been in hiding for months and very poor. Backed up his choice with a McInnes quote from October last year.

Almost all his “views” are stereotypical and offer no value whatsoever.

Don’t get me started on Kris Commons......

Surprised Scott McDonald doesn’t get more stick. The guy is prob more clueless than most on there.

Not just for the fact he is co commentator for Celtic CL games and says “we” whilst playing for other clubs.

Last night though....

He hasn’t seen Lewis Morgan play but he is a stick on for Championship POTY.....

Says Christie is far and away our best player and should be YPOTY. Despite the fact he has been in hiding for months and very poor. Backed up his choice with a McInnes quote from October last year.

I haven’t seen Lewis Morgan play and know he is a stick on for Championship POTY...

Christie probably is your best player

What’s wrong with Commons??? Seems like a really good guy and I enjoy listening to him.

You wonder what people expect from these pundits sometimes. For what it’s worth I’m not a massive fan of McDonald but he never said anything worth getting annoyed about the other night.

7 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I haven’t seen Lewis Morgan play and know he is a stick on for Championship POTY...

What’s wrong with Commons??? Seems like a really good guy and I enjoy listening to him.

You wonder what people expect from these pundits sometimes. For what it’s worth I’m not a massive fan of McDonald but he never said anything worth getting annoyed about the other night.

Christie hasn’t been Aberdeen’s best player this season at all. He started the season really well but probably since the turn of the year he has gone missing and only shown his ability in small doses. In recent months i’d say even Stewart and Mackay-Steven have played better but don’t seem to get picked as regularly as Christie. Not sure if that’s down to Mcinnes just favouring Christie or if it’s in the terms of his loan deal.

Mclean, Mckenna and possibly Shinnie have been Aberdeen’s best players by some distance.

When Mcdonald and John Hughes said Christie had been Aberdeen’s best player i could only assume they had seen very little of Aberdeen after Christmas.

Christie hasn’t been Aberdeen’s best player this season at all. He started the season really well but probably since the turn of the year he has gone missing and only shown his ability in small doses. In recent months i’d say even Stewart and Mackay-Steven have played better but don’t seem to get picked as regularly as Christie. Not sure if that’s down to Mcinnes just favouring Christie or if it’s in the terms of his loan deal. Mclean, Mckenna and possibly Shinnie have been Aberdeen’s best players by some distance.

When Mcdonald and John Hughes said Christie had been Aberdeen’s best player i could only assume they had seen very little of Aberdeen after Christmas.

It’s over the season though, the months before Christmas don’t just disappear. I’ve not seen much of Aberdeen, nobody except for Aberdeen fans will have seen much of Aberdeen... but Christie is the player that’s stood out for me as someone who will listen to podcasts on games and watch highlights every week, along with McKenna and McLean since he had his move funnily enough.

Would still say Christie was your best player though regardless of his recent performances

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

It’s over the season though, the months before Christmas don’t just disappear. I’ve not seen much of Aberdeen, nobody except for Aberdeen fans will have seen much of Aberdeen... but Christie is the player that’s stood out for me as someone who will listen to podcasts on games and watch highlights every week, along with McKenna and McLean since he had his move funnily enough.

Would still say Christie was your best player though regardless of his recent performances

Well that was the point i was making, it is over the season and 3-4 months of underperforming shouldn’t be ignored. Over the course of the entire season Christie would probably be perhaps the 5th best player for us in my opinion. He’s gone from someone i would have been desperate to have at Aberdeen permanently almost no matter the cost (within reason obviously) to someone i wouldn’t mind having but only if they didn’t pay too much as i don’t think he’s lived up to his potential.

Not that i think he’ll go to us anyway, would have to imagine he’ll be heading south and Celtic want a decent fee for him that i don’t think Aberdeen would be willing to or should match.

11 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Slightly old news now but I listened to the Off The Ball podcast the other night and Andy Cameron was on yet again.  Why's this guy on constantly and when was he last any good?  Someone somewhere must've found him funny but to me he just sounded like some drunk old pensioner.

He helped let his club die.

Thats funny.

8 hours ago, G-MAN said:

Last night though....

He hasn't seen Morgan play despite him twice scoring two goals against Dundee United this season?!

11 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

He helped let his club die.

Thats funny.

6 minutes ago, Stu said:

He hasn't seen Morgan play despite him twice scoring two goals against Dundee United this season?!

In three of the games McDonald and Morgan both started, in the other Morgan started and McDonald was out. Even if you give him a pass on the games where they've been on the pitch at the same time because it doesn't give you the same view of the game to judge a player - and we all know that's a silly argument and I'm massively clutching at straws to give him leeway here - surely he should be at the game watching his own club when he's not playing?

8 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

In three of the games McDonald and Morgan both started, in the other Morgan started and McDonald was out. Even if you give him a pass on the games where they've been on the pitch at the same time because it doesn't give you the same view of the game to judge a player - and we all know that's a silly argument and I'm massively clutching at straws to give him leeway here - surely he should be at the game watching his own club when he's not playing?

McDonald has been completely disinterested for most of the season, so I wouldn't be particularly surprised if he had seen nothing of Morgan while on the pitch together.

Obviously when he wasn't playing, he'd have been watching the Celtic game on his phone.

Last night though....

Absolutely this.

Both McDonald and commons give such a bland, obvious 'analysis'.

Basically any high profile player that wants a shot is given one and as long as they don't literally die on air they get a good run (see pat bonnar).

Stewart, and even to an extent, Thompson, give something a wee bit more. Sutton trolls the f**k and so is at least different.

The other ex players are our equivalent of super scoreboard on sky (or whatever it's called). Richard Gordon plays the Jeff stelling role well.

Absolutely loads of talking points in Leagues 1 and 2, with so much still to be decided on the final day.

Literally not a single mention of any of it this week, despite the fact they claim to cover Scottish football.

9 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

No surprise to see you stick up for your Celtic brethren :P

Absolutely loads of talking points in Leagues 1 and 2, with so much still to be decided on the final day.
Literally not a single mention of any of it this week, despite the fact they claim to cover Scottish football.

It is very annoying. I might be biased, but I’m sure a lot of the punters that listen to the programme would find what’s going on in L1 and 2 interesting if they were to discuss it.

Suppose it’ll have to wait until McCall is back on the show, that could potentially be pretty funny to be fair.

He said Christie has been by far our best player all season. It’s total nonsense.

He should have just said he hasn’t seen enough of us to come to a conclusion.