Sportsound Watch

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

I think I’ve said it in this thread before but:

- his lack of knowledge is frustrating

- his negativity as soon as a game doesn’t live up to expectations is frustrating

- his ‘big clubs’ mantra is frustrating

- however, I do feel his analysis and knowledge of the game is very good

- he’s willie miller ffs, leave him alone

This, he is a Scottish footballing deity and as such mere research is beneath him.

I wish he didn't he didn't do open all mikes,. It is really irritating hearing Chick Young screaming about a throw at Ochilview only for Willie to chime in with "aye, there wiz a goal" about 10 minutes later.

The format just doesn't suit him but, in the studio or passing comment his insight and knowledge is unsurpassed.

It's hard for us mere mortals to understand how tedious it must be for a  legend of European football and the greatest Scotland captian of our lifetimes to gift us with his wisdom, and yet, selflessly he does. 

The lack of respect on display here is frankly baffling.  

PROSTRATE YOURSELF BEFORE YOUR GOD

wullie-poster-black.png

18 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

This, he is a Scottish footballing deity and as such mere research is beneath him.

I wish he didn't he didn't do open all mikes,. It is really irritating hearing Chick Young screaming about a throw at Ochilview only for Willie to chime in with "aye, there wiz a goal" about 10 minutes later.

The format just doesn't suit him but, in the studio or passing comment his insight and knowledge is unsurpassed.

It's hard for us mere mortals to understand how tedious it must be for a  legend of European football and the greatest Scotland captian of our lifetimes to gift us with his wisdom, and yet, selflessly he does. 

wullie-poster-black.png

images (81).jpeg

28 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

wullie-poster-black.png

Is that Aberdeen badge an actual sheep? Fair play for the self-deprecating sense of humour. 

Willie Millers punditry is indeed the stuff of legends ...if you play for Aberdeen 

Ive had the pleasure of tepid tea dripping out my nose whilst laughing so much after his “captain courageous scores for Aberdeen “ comment on open all mikes in the middle of drinking said cup of tea 

leave the old duffer alone as one as has been proven , after he retired he wasn’t much good at anything else 

12 hours ago, paul wright scores said:

Yes Miller, his grammar is awful, and his total lack of professionalism in not even pretending to know player's names is shocking. 

I don't always agree with Michael Stewart but at least he can speak properly and put up a balanced argument, unlike Willie Miller. 

Michael Stewart is excellent at using big words. It's just a shame he often doesn't understand what they mean.

Just now, paul wright scores said:

That probably sounded funny in your head.

It certainly wasn't my intention. It drives me mad that people think he's articulate when he's the complete opposite. See also: Russell Brand.

Just now, Darren said:

It certainly wasn't my intention. It drives me mad that people think he's articulate when he's the complete opposite. See also: Russell Brand.

We'll agree to differ then.  I think he is the most articulate 'pundit' in the BBC.   Perhaps that says more about the rest of them, but at least he can put forward a cohesive argument, unlike Miller.   

Will agree with you on Russell Brand though:).   Can't believe how he gets a platform to spout his garbage, but we digress. 

I think I’ve said it in this thread before but:

- his lack of knowledge is frustrating

- his negativity as soon as a game doesn’t live up to expectations is frustrating

- his ‘big clubs’ mantra is frustrating

- however, I do feel his analysis and knowledge of the game is very good

- he’s willie miller ffs, leave him alone

I voted for him in "Scotland last world class player thread" because he genuinely was, however, his downbeat of our game in general is pretty shite. He knows his stuff that is for sure, but FFS Willie get up for it.

Slightly old news now but I listened to the Off The Ball podcast the other night and Andy Cameron was on yet again.  Why's this guy on constantly and when was he last any good?  Someone somewhere must've found him funny but to me he just sounded like some drunk old pensioner.