Sportsound Watch

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

How is that ridiculous?

In my opinion, someone who is a high profile employee of the SFA should not be wanting one Premiership team, Rangers, to benefit to the detriment of another Premiership team, Kilmarnock.

In my opinion, someone who is a high profile employee of the SFA should not be wanting one Premiership team, Rangers, to benefit to the detriment of another Premiership team, Kilmarnock.

I haven’t listened to it yet, but I’m pretty sure he won’t be wanting anything but will just be giving his opinion on who they could or should go for. Anyone with half a clue about Scottish football would say the same, I would and I certainly don’t want Clarke going anywhere near Rangers.

3 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I haven’t listened to it yet, but I’m pretty sure he won’t be wanting anything but will just be giving his opinion on who they could or should go for. Anyone with half a clue about Scottish football would say the same, I would and I certainly don’t want Clarke going anywhere near Rangers.

Obviously I don’t agree with you. By saying that Rangers should go for Clarke, McFadden is saying that Rangers are a more important team than Kilmarnock.  He should be staying out of it.

By saying that Rangers should go for Clarke, McFadden is saying that Rangers are a more important team than Kilmarnock.  

How is that saying anything of the sort?

It’s not saying they’re more important, it’s saying they are a bigger club and have a lot more money. Steve Clarke is within their reach.

If you disagree with that then you’re just in denial and I despise Rangers.

56 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

How is that saying anything of the sort?

It’s not saying they’re more important, it’s saying they are a bigger club and have a lot more money. Steve Clarke is within their reach.

If you disagree with that then you’re just in denial and I despise Rangers.

You know that you’re wrong, and you are now arguing just for the sake of it. I’m out.

You know that you’re wrong, and you are now arguing just for the sake of it. I’m out.

Not surprised you are, because you know I’m right. Some people are blinded by their hatred of Rangers and Celtic. The same thing happens in every single league.  

Dundee United have a vacancy Livingstons manager gets suggested for the job. There was talk of Jack Ross to Aberdeen. Stewart Petrie has been linked with a move to a higher level.

If Rangers had a good manager their manager would be getting linked with a move to a bigger club. Brendan Rodgers has been linked to clubs in England.

It’s just common sense. There’s always a step up, moving to Rangers from Kilmarnock is a step up. That is a fact.

I hope Clarke stays at Killie but to not understand why he is being linked by the media and people paid to give their opinions on the Scottish game just makes you look silly to be honest.

2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Not surprised you are, because you know I’m right. Some people are blinded by their hatred of Rangers and Celtic. The same thing happens in every single league.

Dundee United have a vacancy Livingstons manager gets suggested for the job. There was talk of Jack Ross to Aberdeen. Stewart Petrie has been linked with a move to a higher level.

When Rangers used to have good managers their managers would’ve got linked with a moves to bigger clubs. Brendan Rodgers has been linked to clubs in England.

It’s just common sense. There’s always a step up, moving from Rangers from Kilmarnock is a step up. That is a fact.

I hope Clarke stays at Killie but to not understand why he is being linked by the media and people paid to give their opinions on the Scottish game just makes you look silly to be honest.

I know that I said that I’m out, but your last post is so far off track. My point is not about managers being linked to clubs, of course that happens every time there is a club in crisis or someone gets sacked. The point I was making is that someone on the Scotland management team should not be putting forward that one team should be taking a manager from another in the Premiefship.

I know that I said that I’m out, but your last post is so far off track. My point is not about managers being linked to clubs, of course that happens every time there is a club in crisis or someone gets sacked. The point I was making is that someone on the Scotland management team should not be putting forward that one team should be taking a manager from another in the Premiefship.

Why does it matter? He’s a pundit too. What difference does it make?

Clarke would be on the shortlist of just about every club in Scotland all things being equal.

Only handful (probably only two) could actually afford him. Therefore speaking about him in relation to the rangers job isn’t unreasonable.

We all despise the old firm culture in Scottish football but you cheapen the argument when you get upset at every single mere mention of them.

Nothing wrong with McFaddens comments.

8 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Clarke would be on the shortlist of just about every club in Scotland all things being equal.

Only handful (probably only two) could actually afford him. Therefore speaking about him in relation to the rangers job isn’t unreasonable.

We all despise the old firm culture in Scottish football but you cheapen the argument when you get upset at every single mere mention of them.

Nothing wrong with McFaddens comments.

Other than the Rangurs have nae money?

After listening to it McFadden says nothing of the sort anyway.

Just gives examples of how Clarke and Rodgers have went about their business in turning their respective clubs around. Ie keeping a steady group, improving them and adding one or two quality players, instead of doing what Rangers have been doing the last few year.