Sportsound Watch

3 minutes ago, H Wragg said:

Did something not happen with Dumbarton a couple of years ago.
Papped into the North league cup sections or Challenge Cup draw?

League Cup. They've been in both the North and South sections in the 2 years since the current format was introduced.

Edited by Nightmare

On ‎14‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 15:51, DA Baracus said:

Not one of them know what happens if a team is relegated from League 2, with Richard Gordon actually asking if Cowdenbeath would have to play in the Highland League should Cove go up. Some of them also thought that the Highland League would have to kick a team out if Cove go up as well, with Chic Young claiming that Fort William are worried about being expelled.

Clueless wanks, but I bet they could reel of loads of stats about any Celtic vs Deadco or Sevco match ever 

Thinking whoever goes down has to take the place of whoever comes up should be a sort of "intelligence test"... It would probably blow their minds, if you asked them whether they really thought Berwick would play in the Highland League if someone like Cove or Brora got promoted in our stead.

FW may be resigning due to internal difficulties.

It's not known what HL will do if they resign but Cove don't get promoted, leaving them with 17 clubs. They're quite possibly hoping Cove go up so they can downsize to 16.

On ‎14‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 16:14, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I don't know what happens to the team relegated from Division 2, though in my defence I'm not paid to broadcast about Scottish Football

So what does happen?

On ‎14‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 16:15, DA Baracus said:

They go in to the Highland or Lowland League depending on if they're located North or South of the Tay

21 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

So does that trigger a round of extra relegations all the way down?

It does in the Lowland League. Dalbeattie Star and Vale of Leithen (who are battling to avoid 2nd bottom) are hoping Cove don't win the playoffs or else they're relegated, in Dalbeattie's case to the South of Scotland League and in Vale's case to the East of Scotland League.

It has never been established what will happen in the Highland League as they haven't anything below... It's a few years ago now but their clubs were pretty evenly divided between moving to 2 tiers of 10-teams each versus expanding to 20-teams (which could be immense folly given they couldn't get 18-teams finished ontime this season, although that's partly as they give such priority to cups, tbf).

Reason you can't move 1 club from Lowland to Highland or vice versa is the lack of clubs near to the dividing line - you'd be talking putting Stirling Uni or BSC Glasgow into Highland League, or vice versa Cove or Inverurie into Lowland.

Edited by HibeeJibee

21 hours ago, The Mantis said:

Highly likely now that it would be Vale of Leithen into the EOS. Today’s results mean Whitehill are safe alongside Gala, and Dalbeattie are the only  club left still needing to scrape enough points. It might have been settled today but Vale’s game was off.

20 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Yeah, it's really interesting; I've been keeping an eye on it all season.

The fact Gordon & Co did not even know what happened to team 42 and beyond was simply staggering. I didn't think my opinion of them could sink any lower this season, but there you go...

Dalbeattie have only got 1 game left, and it's against Vale of Leithen on the last day... Vale themself are 5pts behind Dalbeattie but have games-in-hand against Cumbernauld and Selkirk... So if Vale can win either of those games-in-hand, they can consign Dalbeattie to 15th by winning at Islecroft; if they can with both, they can consign them to it by avoiding defeat.

17 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Basically us and what’s north of us. Load of shite tbh the line should be drawn at Stonehaven.

You only say that as you're from Angus... doubt the likes of Gretna, Gala or East Kilbride would necessarily agree. Moving the boundary of a 2-region setup to Aberdeen would be nonsensical.

"North of the Tay" must have much lower population and far fewer clubs than "South of the Tay", nevermind making it "North of Stonehaven" and "South of Stonehaven".

Edited by HibeeJibee

You only say that as you're from Angus... doubt the likes of Gretna, Gala or East Kilbride would necessarily agree. Moving the boundary of a 2-region setup to Aberdeen would be nonsensical.

We’re only 1 and 3/4 of an hour to 2 and a half hours away from all 3 of them.

Take it they’re the 3 furthest away teams in the Lowland?

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Pat Bonner seems to believe that Livingston have never played in the top league 

Pat Bonners brain only works for 4 hours at a time before shutting down and rebooting so tbf in his mind he's correct.

4 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

We’re only 1 and 3/4 of an hour to 2 and a half hours away from all 3 of them.

Take it they’re the 3 furthest away teams in the Lowland?

No, just some I picked... Dalbeattie, Selkirk, Hawick would all be further away, also Threave who were relegated 2yrs ago.

Again you're just looking at it from your point of view, though - at the moment the furthest north they have to travel is Fife.

Were it to be a 3-regions arrangement - North, East, West - it might be more logical to have Highland & Grampian... Tayside, Fife, Lothian & Border... and Central, Strathclyde & Dumfries Galloway subdivisions.

No, just some I picked... Dalbeattie, Selkirk, Hawick would all be further away, also Threave who were relegated 2yrs ago.

Again you're just looking at it from your point of view, though - at the moment the furthest north they have to travel is Fife.

Were it to be a 3-regions arrangement - North, East, West - it might be more logical to have Highland & Grampian... Tayside, Fife, Lothian & Border... and Central, Strathclyde & Dumfries Galloway subdivisions.

We get the vast majority of our players from Dundee/Perth and the central belt. f**k knows how we would manage if it ever came to us trying to attract players to travel all the way up there most weeks. Thankfully I really doubt it’ll ever come to that.

Getting this back on topic - Sandra fucking Brown. Why is a publicly funded broadcaster continually paying her as a 'reporter' to only watch the team that she supports - Queen of the South - and almost never travel to a game that isn't in that wannabe English, Borders hovel?
The only satisfaction from yesterday's show is that her team are shite and got pumped again. 

Dumfries isn’t in the Borders for a start mate.