Sportsound Watch

Bonner is the worst by a country mile, which is saying something given the competition. ‘’The young lad’’ who’s name he can’t be arsed to learn or remember is often a guy in his mid-late 20’s. Embarrassing.

I liked Michael Stewart when he first started and I still think he’s one of the better ones. He seems a bit more progressive, and without wanting to get into the debate about the merits of stats/XG etc he at least shows a willingness of trying to learn and develop his analysis and commentary rather than endlessly churn out the usual cliches and sound bites. He has started to disappear up his own arse a bit though and as mentioned above gets a bit political every so often which should be kept separate from football.

Derek Rae was absolutely brilliant and it’s a shame he’s away back to the US. Great commentator who consistently talked up our game.

5 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

Imagine if everybody whinging about them suddenly stopped tuning into it...... They'd perhaps get their jotters and be replaced by people that will get you to tune in. Just a thought?

Aye, that sounds feasible.

My first recollection of Ian Crocker was from Grampian TV’s coverage of the first play off between Aberdeen and Dunfermline. He was terrible - Duncan Shearer scores and his line was “Sheer err Magic”

He’s improved since those days but is still terrible.

Don’t mind Liam McLeod, but he can be a little irritating at times. With most others though I find Dodds, Bonner and Rae (of the Alex variety) unlistenable.

What happened to the days of David Begg, Alistair Alexander and Bob Crampsey - proper professionals

Where’s the ministers son Spiers gone? I didn’t agree with everything he talked about or stood for but he was at least educated and I could understand him. He’s better than the drivel we’ve got now. Did he fall out with with the BBC?

Also where did Keith Jackson go? He also got the push about a year ago. I really didn’t like him much to be fair. I enjoyed his arguments with those in the studio.

Tom English is on fairly regularly and is decent. He can be a bit like Stewart with his condescending smug opinions but he’s much more educated than Pat Bonner.

Seems bbc have moved to more ex players than proper journalists. Not sure I like that.

You know what I hate?! In general, clubs tend to get 'allocated' a pundit that has some link to their club. When it is BBC, we get the guy that voted put my club out of business, played for our rivals and was even sold to our 'mini' rivals. Billy Dodds is an absolute c**t and I despise the fact that the BBC seem to think he's a good Dee 'representative'. To be fair, Hartley has been utilised the past couple of times... But still, Dodds is up there with Alan Main in the most hated sports personalities for Dundee fans - ever.

Guest JTS98
2 hours ago, Gianfranco said:

All Craig Paterson ever does is say the underdogs best chance of scoring is from a set piece. f**k off Craig.

Paterson's favourite is stating the bloody obvious.

"That was a good pass, then a good cross, but he's put the header off target. He'll be disappointed with that".

Viewer: I know.

"That's a great finish. He'll be delighted with that."

"That's a big three points. They'll be really pleased to have picked up a win away from home."

58 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Mind that time St jobnstone went in dry against Sevco live on tv in the cup and at 3-0 up with about 20 minutes to go or someauch Paterson was bleating on that Saints should be playing it into the corner.

Utter fandan.

He reckoned we should be playing it safe because Rangers could turn the game if they managed to get one back. 

6 hours ago, JTS98 said:

Paterson's favourite is stating the bloody obvious.

"That was a good pass, then a good cross, but he's put the header off target. He'll be disappointed with that".

"That's a great finish. He'll be delighted with that."

"That's a big three points. They'll be really pleased to have picked up a win away from home."

"He attempted to pass wide to his teammate, but hit it straight out for a throw-in.  He didn't want to do that."

shoot me.PNG

8 hours ago, McDanger27 said:

My first recollection of Ian Crocker was from Grampian TV’s coverage of the first play off between Aberdeen and Dunfermline. He was terrible - Duncan Shearer scores and his line was “Sheer err Magic”

He’s improved since those days but is still terrible.

Don’t mind Liam McLeod, but he can be a little irritating at times. With most others though I find Dodds, Bonner and Rae (of the Alex variety) unlistenable.

What happened to the days of David Begg, Alistair Alexander and Bob Crampsey - proper professionals

Ian Crocker's tone really pisses me off. He's always making snide remarks and shit jokes as he struggles to disguise the contempt he holds for Scottish football. Funnily enough there was none of that when I heard him on an utterly dire EPL game a few years ago.

16 minutes ago, Stu said:

Ian Crocker's tone really pisses me off. He's always making snide remarks and shit jokes as he struggles to disguise the contempt he holds for Scottish football. Funnily enough there was none of that when I heard him on an utterly dire EPL game a few years ago.

Yeah I can't stand him I have to say.

He's always calling Scotland performances 'brave' the patronising p***k.

The thing that annoys me about Crocker is he tends to latch onto one, or two if we're lucky, "interesting" stats about a team or player involved in the match he's commenting on, and repeats it ad nauseum throughout the entire 90 minutes. He's a one trick pony. We really are bereft since Derek Rae packed up and went back to Boston. 

Where’s the ministers son Spiers gone? I didn’t agree with everything he talked about or stood for but he was at least educated and I could understand him. He’s better than the drivel we’ve got now. Did he fall out with with the BBC?

Also where did Keith Jackson go? He also got the push about a year ago. I really didn’t like him much to be fair. I enjoyed his arguments with those in the studio.

Tom English is on fairly regularly and is decent. He can be a bit like Stewart with his condescending smug opinions but he’s much more educated than Pat Bonner.

Seems bbc have moved to more ex players than proper journalists. Not sure I like that.

Spiers was on Off The Ball last weekend along with that knuckle dragger Rae.

I do prefer some of the journalists they have on there - Michael Grant is usually pretty good as was Kenny Millar before he disappeared off to the SFA. Tom English is usually good.

Chick however ...........

These cretins sum up what's wrong with those in charge of Scottish football: comfortable looking backwards and staying crap while the rest of the world moves on.

3 hours ago, Rugster said:

The thing that annoys me about Crocker is he tends to latch onto one, or two if we're lucky, "interesting" stats about a team or player involved in the match he's commenting on, and repeats it ad nauseum throughout the entire 90 minutes. He's a one trick pony. We really are bereft since Derek Rae packed up and went back to Boston. 

He doesn't just reserve that for Scottish football as he was doing my head in last night throughout the Arsenal game with the number of times he mentioned that three CSKA defenders had played against Arsenal in about 1823 and were very old.  Crocker's got a great voice for a commentator but unfortunately can't use it properly.

4 hours ago, 7-2 said:

He doesn't just reserve that for Scottish football as he was doing my head in last night throughout the Arsenal game with the number of times he mentioned that three CSKA defenders had played against Arsenal in about 1823 and were very old.  Crocker's got a great voice for a commentator but unfortunately can't use it properly.

Such a great voice that you mixed him up with Ian Darke, who commentated on the Arsenal game last night.