Sportsound Watch

1 hour ago, Green Day said:

Ok, I will bow back in for a minute.
She is lowballed about what type of person she would recommend for heading up Scottish football?
She responds saying that we need someone who can manage change projects. Sage advice, Anne.

This from someone who did not appoint a proper project management team to rebuild the stand - and used her brother in law as one of the sub contractors - which will have taken 20 months by the time it's done.
Most clubs rebuild in the close season, have a few matches away from home - job done.
Spurs have built an entire stadium well within the time she has overseen this 6500 capacity stand, FFS!
She gets treated like some kind of a guru by the BBC "Anne, some people say you would do a good job leading the SFA" - she has no qualifications, and I think she's just not got a scooby.

The only person worse to lead the SFA would be Petrie emoji32.png

She took over a relegated club with no players, no money and a stadium in disrepair, it isn't just the main stand that's had major investment.

"Most clubs" have huge debts at the end of major projects, we won't. Doing the work as we can afford it is fine by me.

Did you really compare what we're doing to what a top end EPL team are doing, time to bow out again i think.

"Most clubs" have huge debts at the end of major projects, we won't.

She took over a club that was entirely debt free post administration.
Her board receives £1.5m a year in running/infra donation from FoH (laudable, by the way).
Added to that maybe £4.5m last year in one off donations, if you had debt at the end of this she would deserve to be lynched.
I have no problem in clubs upgrading their stadiums, but just get it done FFS.
The Dons will probably have their new one done before your hospitality stops looking like a bad hotel meeting room.

I'm deffo oot now, and you should concentrate on your fight to make the top 6 [emoji1]

6 hours ago, shull said:

Chris McLaughlin commenting on Big Eck being Scotland Manager. 

" McLeish is comfortable in his skin. "

Has he tried anyone else's? Does he have a wardrobe full of skins he's taken from his victims?

12 minutes ago, nsr said:

Has he tried anyone else's? Does he have a wardrobe full of skins he's taken from his victims?

Lets see.... He's tried the skin of Gordon Strachan, he's tried the skin of Craig Levein, he's tried the skin of Walter Smith....

Now he's reverted back to the skin of Alex McLeish, failing to realize that it's the philosophy that needs changing, not the face.

Lets see.... He's tried the skin of Gordon Strachan, he's tried the skin of Craig Levein, he's tried the skin of Walter Smith....
Now he's reverted back to the skin of Alex McLeish, failing to realize that it's the philosophy that needs changing, not the face.

So that’ll be four skins?.......oh wait

7 hours ago, Green Day said:

Mate of mine - Hearts fan - pinged  me to listen last night as he thought she was dribbling shite.  Nothing to do with who I support - although if Dempster came out with an interview like that  i would be worried.

You think she came across ok? Your expectations are low.

Presume you also think that not being able to complete a stand in 14 months is a good performance from her? And it won't even be properly ready until next season, maybe end of this calendar year...........

In that case I will bow out.

I didn't listen to it m8, I live in the US. I imagine it was full of RED HOT and never heard before chat like "Obviously I'm disappointed" and "Over the moon, Wullie".

My location however doesn't stop my long held belief that people who care about football architecture are basically worse than paedophiles though.

OH NO, SOME METAL NEEDS PAINTED. HOWEVER WILL I SLEEP AT NIGHT?

warnock.png

1 minute ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

It's one thing a lot of Jambos on here cling desperate to tbh.

That and the crowds.

Neither are things for me, and you can add accounts in there too. Mentioned only by deviants. My exclusive list of cares are:

1. Results

2. Not playing in a style that makes me want to smash my own skull in with a claw hammer

3. Swarthy foreign strikers who dive a lot

As you can see, Hearts aren't that much fun for me right now.

3 hours ago, JamieThomas said:

Neither are things for me, and you can add accounts in there too. Mentioned only by deviants. My exclusive list of cares are:

1. Results

2. Not playing in a style that makes me want to smash my own skull in with a claw hammer

3. Swarthy foreign strikers who dive a lot

As you can see, Hearts aren't that much fun for me right now.

Aye because infrastructure has no relation to what you want.  

1 hour ago, Austin McCann said:

Aye because infrastructure has no relation to what you want.  

Daresay they do, I'm just not going to waste any kind of time analyzing them when there's several hundred VLs who can do that for me.

“Biscuits” is a fucking moron. Paid to give his opinion on Scottish football yet he unashamedly admitted to switching over to the England game last night as he was bored.

Well suited to BBC Scotland I suppose.

12 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

A wee bit of 1983-ism there from "Biscuits" Preston.

What a fucking twat.

Was just on to comment about that - absolute sycophancy.

Also amusing and annoying in equal measure to hear the complaining about how unfair the premiership play off system is - designed by clubs like Yinited, Hibs, etc to protect them - when it hinders getting 'oor big clubs in the tap league'.  Its lovely when protectionism comes back to bite.

4 hours ago, Hammer Jag said:

“Biscuits” is a fucking moron. Paid to give his opinion on Scottish football yet he unashamedly admitted to switching over to the England game last night as he was bored.

Well suited to BBC Scotland I suppose.

Wasn't that game boring as well? He's a moron and morons are easily hooked by the hype machine behind England and the English Premiership