Sportsound Watch

It's simple really, while it's a bitter pill to swallow, it effectively funds the Scottish game. I.e. tv companies want as many of these games as possible and will use it as part their marketing tools to gain as many viewers as they can. 
I personally have come to the end of the road with it all. My kids are now wanting to come to the football with me on a Saturday so I've decided to give up my season ticket at Celtic and will be taking up a parent and child ST at Dumbarton as of next season. I can't bare the thought of them sitting with me at CP and listening to the nonsense I need to listen to on a regular basis. 

Absolutely.

How often have you seen sky use the tag line ‘a rivalry based on religion’ as a way to market it. They love it.

I suspect you’ll enjoy being a regular at Dumbarton much more tbh. I think it’ll surprise you.

8 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Absolutely.

How often have you seen sky use the tag line ‘a rivalry based on religion’ as a way to market it. They love it.

I suspect you’ll enjoy being a regular at Dumbarton much more tbh. I think it’ll surprise you.

Yeah i think the last game they mentioned Collum being a Catholic school teacher. Never mentioned when he refs any other match so it's clearly an attempt at stirring the pot which of course it will. 

I've been going to a handful of games a season at Dumbarton for about 5 years now and do really enjoy it. Just bought the kids their tops and scarfs and we're going to the challenge cup final next week which has them over excited just now. 

Yeah i think the last game they mentioned Collum being a Catholic school teacher. Never mentioned when he refs any other match so it's clearly an attempt at stirring the pot which of course it will. 
I've been going to a handful of games a season at Dumbarton for about 5 years now and do really enjoy it. Just bought the kids their tops and scarfs and we're going to the challenge cup final next week which has them over excited just now. 

You’re officially a diddy.

Welcome brother.

You are totally correct Tony.

I have known many guys brought up in a family with one side of the arse or other shoved down their throats from birth.

A few of the more 'enlightened' ones have done as you have and taken their kids to support their local team, regardless of how successful it is.

As the previous poster said, you'll probably enjoy the experience more than you think.

Your  kids will be able to wear  their team's top and colours without fear of being assaulted or abused, (they might get laughed at by both sets of the Unwashed but I'm sure they'll cope with that).

Good luck.

15 minutes ago, Tartantony said:

Just bought the kids their tops and scarfs and we're going to the challenge cup final next week which has them over excited just now. 

Once a glory seeker...

1 hour ago, Tartantony said:

I personally have come to the end of the road with it all. My kids are now wanting to come to the football with me on a Saturday so I've decided to give up my season ticket at Celtic and will be taking up a parent and child ST at Dumbarton as of next season. I can't bare the thought of them sitting with me at CP and listening to the nonsense I need to listen to on a regular basis. 

Thats what I've never been able to understand about the 'right-minded' fans of Celtic and Rangers, how they can continually turn a blind eye to the shite that is going on around about them.

It's simple really, while it's a bitter pill to swallow, it effectively funds the Scottish game. I.e. tv companies want as many of these games as possible and will use it as part their marketing tools to gain as many viewers as they can. 

#sonsfamily 

30 minutes ago, ONeils40yarder said:

Thats what I've never been able to understand about the 'right-minded' fans of Celtic and Rangers, how they can continually turn a blind eye to the shite that is going on around about them.

It's difficult to be honest. You often want to go up and tell them to shut the fk up but then you realise that you might get that bottle of buckie smashed off your head, they might stab you or come back with 3 mates next week to do you. You deal with this type of person every week and you hate them but you keep going back because you love the club you've been brought up supporting.

For me and I'm sure others there just comes a time when you've had enough. My biggest fear was taking the kids to Celtic and having to come up with an answer to the question "Daddy, what does the IRA mean?" Well kids, a long long time ago in another Country..... how do you even begin to answer that?

Nice to see a bit of support on here, I've been getting heavily pounded in real life for this decision. Some people genuinely can't understand what I'm thinking.

16 minutes ago, Tartantony said:

It's difficult to be honest. You often want to go up and tell them to shut the fk up but then you realise that you might get that bottle of buckie smashed off your head, they might stab you or come back with 3 mates next week to do you. You deal with this type of person every week and you hate them but you keep going back because you love the club you've been brought up supporting.

For me and I'm sure others there just comes a time when you've had enough. My biggest fear was taking the kids to Celtic and having to come up with an answer to the question "Daddy, what does the IRA mean?" Well kids, a long long time ago in another Country..... how do you even begin to answer that?

Nice to see a bit of support on here, I've been getting heavily pounded in real life for this decision. Some people genuinely can't understand what I'm thinking.

I made a similar move. Best decision I ever made.

Well done for taking a stance.   Celtic's loss is Dumbarton's gain.   Hope you and your kids enjoy the Irn Bru Final on Sunday.   

You deserve all the support going.  The sheer complacency of the pundits and, dare I say, the OF clubs themselves is sickening.

Guest JTS98
3 hours ago, Tartantony said:

Good on you.

I've got ex-Celtic supporting family who made a similar move (to Clyde). Hope you enjoy your fitba.

Well done. I deserted Celtic as soon as I was old enough to know better. Now get your team name and that disgusting avatar changed! :thumsup2

@Tartantony absolutely well played and exactly the sort of thing people need to do to change the attitudes in this country. 

The correct thing to do for your kids too. Hat off to you sir. I am sure you will feel a weight off your shoulders as you begin to enjoy football without unsavoury baggage like the rest of us do. 

Unfortunately it'll be off to the Football League forums for you now Tony, off you scoot.

As for 'getting heavily pounded in real life for this decision', you'll meet a better class of supporter as soon as you're shot of all the baggage.

Good luck to you.

Edited by Hawkeye the Gnu