Sportsound Watch

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Maybe they scores have come about because Rangers were absolutely pish (in comparison to what they used to be) at the time of the 6-1 and slightly less pish in the LC semi.

I fancied Motherwell to beat them in the LC. Sure a lot of people did.

McCall might be saying they were favourites to the press but I’m guessing he would be saying a completely different thing to his team behind closed doors....

Sound.

So Baraclough's 11th placed Motherwell side (22 losses and less than a point per game) beating a Rangers team in the play-off and Robinson's side winning 2-0 at Hampden was down to Rangers being absolutely pish but a McCall helmed Motherwell unbeaten at the top of the Premiership losing 2-0 to a 3rd Division Rangers managed by Ally McCoist whose league form included draws against Peterhead, Berwick Rangers and Annan (and lost their next league game against Stirling Albion) after McCall sat in front of the press telling everyone that Rangers were favourites that was just... unlucks lads.

The Rangers sides that Baraclough and Robinson's teams beat were worse than McCoist's 3rd division team?

giphy.gif

Sound.
So Baraclough's 11th placed Motherwell side (22 losses and less than a point per game) beating a Rangers team in the play-off and Robinson's side winning 2-0 at Hampden was down to Rangers being absolutely pish but a McCall helmed Motherwell unbeaten at the top of the Premiership losing 2-0 to a 3rd Division Rangers managed by Ally McCoist whose league form included draws against Peterhead, Berwick Rangers and Annan (and lost their next league game against Stirling Albion) after McCall sat in front of the press telling everyone that Rangers were favourites that was just... unlucks lads.
The Rangers sides that Baraclough and Robinson's teams beat were worse than McCoist's 3rd division team?
giphy.gif

No, worse than the old Rangers. Rangers 2012.

Also, before the play off game did Barraclough not say everyone wants Rangers in the top flight.

No, worse than the old Rangers. Rangers 2012.

Also, before the play off game did Barraclough not say everyone wants Rangers in the top flight.

If I remember rightly that was a bit of an ‘us against the world’ tactic I.e. everyone in the media etc wants us to lose this tie.

If I remember rightly that was a bit of an ‘us against the world’ tactic I.e. everyone in the media etc wants us to lose this tie.

Agree but it’s similar to McCall labelling Rangers as favourites, that is also a tactic used to take pressure off and put it on the other team all the time.

My point is, no manager or team will be saying this kind of stuff to their team or in pre match speeches. No manager. Every manager will send their team out believing they can get a result.

If anyone believes otherwise then that’s their opinion but I’ll never be convinced that that is the case.

Hughes comment was made in hindsight looking back to his own team playing a team that had a massive financial advantage over them. It wouldn’t have been what he was saying to his players or part of his pre game attitude. No chance.

On 20/02/2018 at 19:48, DA Baracus said:

Astonishingly sycophantic stuff with the wanking over Celtic and Deadco teams of old.

Hughes said that 'the SPL needs Dundee United'. He also said that a young Scottish footballer dreams of doing 4 things; playing for their local club, playing for their country and playing for one of the Old Firm*.

I've not mistyped that.

He obviously hasn't seen Dundee United recently.

In fact, last season we were so pish we actually managed to lose to a John Hughes-managed Raith Rovers team. That's how pish we were.

Pat Bonner gets a lot of stick on here, but I heard him on the radio saying "Andrew Considine" quite a few times.

I didn't see the game so I have no idea if Considine was anywhere near the ball at the time, or even playing at all, but at least Pat has learned the name of a non-Celtic player.

Derek Ferguson reckons Dundee United lost Flood, Fraser and Fyvie in the January transfer window 

He never said that. Said he’d watched them v Dunfermline earlier this season and they 3 were playing and now they’re out with injury it’s hard to replace them

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

He never said that. Said he’d watched them v Dunfermline earlier this season and they 3 were playing and now they’re out with injury it’s hard to replace them

He definitely did say that