Sportsound Watch

4 hours ago, Loonytoons said:
4 hours ago, MEADOWXI said:
Chick is a fanny who has obviously just picked up that nugget of info and is trying to look clever and failing.
He did the same a couple of years ago, someone had obviously pointed out the the calculation of points and goal difference etc was arithmetic not maths, so he spent the rest of the season whenever any one said 'doing the maths' or something similar he would correct them it was actually arithmetic.

Just a bawbag.

I remember thinking he was a fud for that too as arithmetic is maths; not all maths is arithmetic though. But we all know that.

This is a St Mirren thing because about 20 years ago our then manager and former maths teacher Tom Hendrie said we were arithmetically safe, not mathematically. Quite often if a Saints fan says something on a forum about "mathematically impossible" or the like someone will, hilariously, correct them and say they meant arithmetically. I don't really see the point because surely arithmetic is just the particular type of mathematics being used - plus I usually have more important things to worry about like what to have for tea.

But anyway, that's why Chick Young does that. Had it not been the St Mirren (or Rangers) manager who said it he'd talk about maths rather than arithmetic.

Ian McCall is an arsehole.

He’s a moany wee shitebag that spouts the same shite after every game, hopefully we cause him another breakdown by winning at Somerset for the 3rd time this season and putting him out the cup. Talks absolute drivel after every game we play.

So biased towards his own team and acts like he’s the only club in the country with injuries.

The Jordan Jones comments are ridiculous considering he himself admitted that he’d only seen him once.

Yes - based on one game against Ayr United.

I can only base my opinion of him from games against Aberdeen but usually looks good against us. It's a bit of a bizarre comment to make, was his criticism of Rangers offering too much or Killie knocking back what he considers to be a good offer?

I've not really got the fuss over Sevco's transfer window, but if they got Docherty and Jones I would be worried about us holding on to second place.

16 minutes ago, Jmothecat2 said:

I can only base my opinion of him from games against Aberdeen but usually looks good against us. It's a bit of a bizarre comment to make, was his criticism of Rangers offering too much or Killie knocking back what he considers to be a good offer?

I've not really got the fuss over Sevco's transfer window, but if they got Docherty and Jones I would be worried about us holding on to second place.

He basically said he'd seen him play once against Ayr and he was decent but had no end product, therefore he wouldn't be offering £350k for him.

I think his criticism was aimed more at Killie for turning it down to be honest.  I just thought basing his quite forthright opinion on 1 league cup tie back in the summer was pretty poor.

I agree he's looked good in games against us.  I don't necessarily think he's the missing piece of their 2nd place puzzle.  Signings like Martin, Murphy etc worry me more.  The game at Ibrox in a week will be interesting.

Ian McCall is looking enviously up the A77 at Sir Steve transforming a team when his is struggling and can barely hide his jealousy so spits the dummy . It was a throw away remark that was pounced  upon by the BBC as there headline has to always include  a reference to the old scum  and he briefly warmed the iPox bench . Makes him appear rather stupid which for the sh!tintheshoe merchant is quite something 

Ian McCall is decent enough bloke and coach and comes across well on Sportsound. He’s not close to the idiocy of ‘Chico’ or ‘Bonner’ and it’s a tad harsh to call him arsehole. His comments where his opinion and are we saying Jones is worth more than 500k? Probably not so not sure why McCall is being slagged off?

I may be bias due to him being a former Jags manager but I didn’t find his comments news worthy. BBC once again being over the top to garnish some conflict that really isn’t there.

And would someone for the love of the almighty please take Chick Young off the air. Once again bumbling about how ONeill won’t take the job. Making any excuse to show he doesn’t want him.
McLeish left Scotland in lurch and shouldn’t be allowed anywhere near the position.

I know it won't effect his employment and the BBC won't sack him for what written on here but sure they all read it so it nice to write...

Chick, your a stupid ignorant c**t, with zero talent and everyone hates you and hopes your next shit is a hedgehog.

Nice to know he might read that x

1 hour ago, Rednyella said:

Ian McCall is decent enough bloke

No he's not.

Ian McCall is decent enough coach

No he's not.

it’s a tad harsh to call him arsehole

No it's not.

His comments where his opinion and are we saying Jones is worth more than 500k? Probably not so not sure why McCall is being slagged off?

He said Jones wasn't worth half what Rangers offered, an opinion formed on the basis of having seen him in one game.

That's probably why he's being slagged off.

He said Jones wasn't worth half what Rangers offered, an opinion formed on the basis of having seen him in one game.
That's probably why he's being slagged off.

In your opinion. McCall is a pundit on a show that gave his opinion. You can dislike him. But I gave mine and I have little issue with him. I think he’s one of the better Sportsound guests.