Sportsound Watch

17 hours ago, G-MAN said:

Sportsound last half hour was actually very good tonight.

Michael Stewart just gets better and better.

Even Bazzas real Dad Kenny Mac was singing the praises of AFC.

Won’t last....

I didn't enjoy the show that much - I think the Monday show should reflect on the weekend results and every team in the Premiership should get talked about  not just Rangers/Celtic and a team that has maybe beaten one of them. There was a lot to talk about so don't think it was right for the last 15 minutes to have a debate about  the league needing Rangers which has been discussed quite a few times before. 

Edited by betting competition

Richard Wilson [an award winning sports writer] explained why Hibs are 4th in the table.   "Hibs are obviously not managing games...not...not..either keeping the ball out of the net...or...or...or...or scoring at the right moment in time in the games and that's why they're dropping points".

18 hours ago, G-MAN said:

Sportsound last half hour was actually very good tonight.

Michael Stewart just gets better and better.

Even Bazzas real Dad Kenny Mac was singing the praises of AFC.

Won’t last....

Made a bit of a twat out of himself on twitter today tho....

5 hours ago, betting competition said:

There was a lot to talk about so don't think it was right for the last 15 minutes to have a debate about  the league needing Rangers which has been discussed quite a few times before. 

Yeah but Alex Rae was there and needed put in his place for his comments about a strong Rangers. A shame the talk about a title race neglected to mention that even with Celtic and Rangers together, the title was won by both teams with gaps of 16, 21, 15, 17, 17, and 12 points after Celtic stopped 10 in a row in 97/98.

19 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Yeah but Alex Rae was there and needed put in his place for his comments about a strong Rangers. A shame the talk about a title race neglected to mention that even with Celtic and Rangers together, the title was won by both teams with gaps of 16, 21, 15, 17, 17, and 12 points after Celtic stopped 10 in a row in 97/98.

Yes, that's often overlooked.

For me, even the close ones - the helicopter Sundays - held no appeal, because either way a club I couldn't stand, would win the League. The two horse race felt like it might as well have featured just the one. The fact is though that even such seasons were actually quite rare.

Usually, one of them won it comfortably.  The notion that the duopoly always led to a photo finish is spurious and is again part of the myth of pretending that the weakening of Rangers has robbed us of something that could be depended upon.

Lots of us didn't value that thing much anyway, but even those that loved it, usually had to go without.

13 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

For me, even the close ones - the helicopter Sundays - held no appeal, because either way a club I couldn't stand, would win the League. The two horse race felt like it might as well have featured just the one. The fact is though that even such seasons were actually quite rare.

Usually, one of them won it comfortably.  The notion that the duopoly always led to a photo finish is spurious and is again part of the myth of pretending that the weakening of Rangers has robbed us of something that could be depended upon.

Lots of us didn't value that thing much anyway, but even those that loved it, usually had to go without.

A one horse race feels exactly like a two horse race when you have no chance of winning it.

Thought Tam McManus spoke very well on Kenny Miller’s injury last night was interesting to hear that he had the same injury. By sounds of it a bad one and will probably finish his career. 

The Sevco board, in conjunction with Jabba’s ‘Stasi L5’ consultancy, will now be ruminating over the possibility of offering KM the manager’s job.......on the same salary, natch.[emoji149][emoji149]

22 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

The Scott McDonald one was quite fun tbh. Yes, it led to Rangers winning the league, but seeing one of them get foiled that way was terrific.

Kris Commons said that we need a strong Dundee United in the Premiership. No one asked him why.

Old slavering moron Archie Macpherson said that one of the things about the 'Old Firm'* game is that 'they both want to win it'. Quite how that distinguishes it from circa 99.99% of all games ever is a mystery (I would have said 100% but there was that dodgy draw in the World Cup that time)