Sportsound Watch

11 hours ago, afca32 said:

Thought I'd leave the radio on when Open all mics finished. Not enjoyed Off the Ball much recently but decided I'd give it a go. Alex Rae on discussing McInnes. f**k sake.

I make a new twitter profile about once a week with the sole intention to abuse Alex Rae as much as I can before he blocks me. 

He he is very very quick at blocking me nowadays but if he even reads one of the tweets I feel it is worthwhile. 

13 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Off The Ball used to proudly be anti Old Firm in an unspoken way.

Now they're just like everyone else at Radio Scotland and utterly sook the arse of Celtic and Sevco all the time, with at least one 'item' each weekend being about Celtic, Sevco or both.

Last time I listened to it, it was Cosgrove and spiers accusing sevco of everything and anything they could think of.

Back in the days when I used to listen to listen to Cosgrove and Cowan they spent a lot of time supposedly laughing at the Old Firm.  But it was still talking about the Old Firm. Most of it wasn't funny of course. It was like overhearing a couple of guys in a Glasgow pub who'd rather talk about the Old Firm. good or bad, than anything else going on, which is of course standard BBC policy. It's one reason It's one reason I've never been able to take Cosgrove seriously. He has never just ignored them. I don't suppose the BBC would pay as much for that though.

9 hours ago, Nadroj said:

Christ. It would hardly be a ringing endorsment of your skills if c***s like biscuits and Packy Bonner said you were a decent pundit. 

For all Boydie is a bit of a w**k at least he knows the names of players he is talking about. Fucking Pat Bonner knows Craig Gordon and thats about it. 

I agree that Pat Bonner is an appalling pundit, but I've never heard him go full Gordon Sawers in the way that Kris Boyd has. 

Brendan Rodgers gets snippy and his mask slips in an interview when Leigh Griffiths is mentioned. On Sportsound tonight he was asked how Leigh Griffiths feels about his current situation around not playing. “You’ll need to ask Leigh about that” is his short, snippy answer. It spoke volumes about the relationship between Rodgers and Griffiths. Also showed Rodgers not to be the nicey,  nicey guy he tries to come across as when faced with a difficult question.

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

Brendan Rodgers gets snippy and his mask slips in an interview when Leigh Griffiths is mentioned. On Sportsound tonight he was asked how Leigh Griffiths feels about his current situation around not playing. “You’ll need to ask Leigh about that” is his short, snippy answer. It spoke volumes about the relationship between Rodgers and Griffiths. Also showed Rodgers not to be the nicey,  nicey guy he tries to come across as when faced with a difficult question.

He never has been nicey, nicey.  Always has been very snippy when even the mildest questioning, from anyone, about his authority takes place. 

As any one even halfway familiar with his efforts at Swansea, and Liverpool will know. 

Just now, beefybake said:

He never has been nicey, nicey.  Always has been very snippy when even the mildest questioning, from anyone, about his authority takes place. 

As any one even halfway familiar with his efforts at Swansea, and Liverpool will know. 

I’m speaking about his time in Scottish football only. Hasn’t had to face too many difficult questions on the domestic front as he hasn’t bloody lost yet!

45 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

He was very much the same when he was getting repeatedly asked about his players diving the other week in the trilogy of games against us. His toys went well and truly out the pram and he ended up taking shots at our Chief Operating Officer (whilst quietly acknowledging that the penalties they'd got had in fact been "soft").

For the most part his time in Scotland has been pretty much the sort of pandering "Brendan, why are you so great?" type fare. It's only recently that he's started to have awkward questions put to him and he really doesn't seem to like them.

Edited by capt_oats

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

Chick has to report on it. It involves a Paisley team who he will claim to support despite him really supporting the New York Rangers.

Nice wee dig at Chick on Saturday from Richard Gordon during Open All Mics.

Goal from Glebe Park by Isaac Layne was announced, only to be interrupted by another goal from elsewhere, Gordon then made a comment along the lines of  "Chick frantically trying to work out if Layne is a Brechin or St Mirren player to gauge his reaction to the goal"

3 minutes ago, shull said:

What's Boring Boring Brendan got to moan about. 

He has, without doubt, the easiest job in Scottish Football. 

He wins almost every game but at the same he knows his stock as a manager in the greater football world is steadily going down the pan as his "achievements" in Scotland are laughable and irrelevant. He probably couldn't do badly enough to get fired if he tried, and his chances of moving to a better job are dwindling day by day. No wonder he's a trembling mess of pent up rage.