Sportsound Watch

1 minute ago, paul wright scores said:

I agree 100% with you and I think this may be raised at the upcoming AGM. It will be interesting to hear the response from the board and/or Clarke. 

I generally don't listen to him anymore when he comes on because he talks utter  garbage and adds absolutely nothing to any debate/discussion, however I did listen on Monday night and agin he made a complete fool of himself.  He is as thick as mince and his grammar is atrocious, which I find painful to listen to.  

Goodness knows what I would think of him had he not played for Killie.

Anyway back to football and I hope he scores against your lot today - again!!!

When Boyd started on the Radio, I honestly thought he was quite good.  In football terms, he was reasonably articulate and he was capable of displaying some insight at times.

I can only guess that the decision to become more of a shock jock has been a conscious one.  I don't imagine that his actual views have changed, but his level of inhibition in giving expression to them certainly has.  The result now is that he just comes across as a mouthy idiot.   

It's depressing that he's probably being encouraged down this path and praised for taking it.  Sportsound really didn't need dumbing down, but that's what we've got.

9 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

When Boyd started on the Radio, I honestly thought he was quite good.  In football terms, he was reasonably articulate and he was capable of displaying some insight at times.

I can only guess that the decision to become more of a shock jock has been a conscious one.  I don't imagine that his actual views have changed, but his level of inhibition in giving expression to them certainly has.  The result now is that he just comes across as a mouthy idiot.   

It's depressing that he's probably being encouraged down this path and praised for taking it.  Sportsound really didn't need dumbing down, but that's what we've got.

I agree with this. The best discussions he participated in were those where he talked a lot about what goes on with a football club, however all he can really discuss/shout about now is The Rangers, which I find totally disrespectful to Kilmarnock FC and our supporters.

Sportsound used to be good, especially on a Saturday, however it is now just a tool to promote 2 clubs.   It is BBC Scotland who produce it, not BBC Old Firm.  

Edited by paul wright scores

I've been really busy the last few months so have missed most of Sportsound this season. I'm genuinely surprised at the drop in the tone of the show. It used to be reasonably articulate (odd moments aside) but now it is just a cross between Talksport, Radio Clyde and the Daily Record.

Even the main presenter (whose name escapes me now) operates the most tabloid style of interview possible. Every question asked in accusing tone with voice raised. The BBC should be better than that. It's trying to fill a gap already filled by Clyde.

The BBC previously dumbed down below the level of the normal viewer/listener but now that BBC 'Scotland' have basically made their policy of broadcasting 99% of the time to the bigot brothers supporters official they've obviously had to dumb down much further to reach their level.

If anybody doesn't realise exactly how much they've dumbed down then you're in their target market. Ooft.

On The Ball suggesting that SMSM journalists who claimed to be "in the know" about McInnes definitely going to The Rangers were lying fuckers, bring on Archie fucking MacPherson who claims to be "in the know" about McInnes NOT going to The Rangers.

Dear God...

On The Ball suggesting that SMSM journalists who claimed to be "in the know" about McInnes definitely going to The Rangers were lying fuckers, bring on Archie fucking MacPherson who claims to be "in the know" about McInnes NOT going to The Rangers.
Dear God...

Archie Weetabix says that Sevco play a “decently mediocre “ level of football.............[emoji848][emoji848][emoji849]

13 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

He seems to be on every week or so now, god knows why.

He was a fuckwit at his peak, and now he's a senile fuckwit

Exactly.

He was always an ignorant clown.  Age has not helped.

Mind you, the guys who present the programme are heading the same way.  Its time is well and truly up.

40 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Is Milne ok? Strange interview.

'Scottish football needs a strong Rangers'.

FFS.

He says this a lot.

When it was 'decided' there'd be no action over EBTs after the appeal went against Oldco a couple of months ago it was Milne rolled-out to tell everyone to "move on", IIRC.

Possibly he thinks it'll endear to Rangers fans, reducing any "heat"?

On ‎08‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 02:38, Hammer Jag said:

Enjoyed that.

KB - “99.9% of Scotland thought he was away. You must have been the other 1% Mikey”.

MS - “That doesn’t make sense, Kris”. 

:lol:

For those of us who recall "Darren Mackie, Reading Champion" - some Ayrshire primary school has to get Boyd down as Maths Ambassador. Make it happen :lol:!