Sportsound Watch

1 hour ago, Worktheshaft said:

My God, the Rangers breaking even chat. These people are fucking deluded.

Richard Wilson is as big a cheerleader as BFDJ.

I seem to recall Romanov being (rightly) ridiculed by the same media for his pie in the sky forecasts and ambitions yet a convicted fraudster gets lauded.

Why is this?

Richard Wilson is as big a cheerleader as BFDJ.
I seem to recall Romanov being (rightly) ridiculed by the same media for his pie in the sky forecasts and ambitions yet a convicted fraudster gets lauded.
Why is this?

They say that getting beyond the Europa league group stage is 2-3 seasons away. Deluded.

Absolute fucking morons and the press pedal this shit. The only reason i can come to is that, if they keep the **** happy their fans will listen, buy, etc.. the 'blue pound'

It's shoddy Journalism. Michael Stewart, Tom English and dare I say Graeme Spiers are decent pundits. The rest can go.

4 hours ago, jim999 said:

Aye, sorry. Probably not. Not on that programme anyway.

Even by their standards that was the least balanced programme I’ve heard yet.

The only balancing these c***s do is trying to ensure there's almost as much green bigot coverage as blue.

They say that getting beyond the Europa league group stage is 2-3 seasons away. Deluded.

Absolute fucking morons and the press pedal this shit. The only reason i can come to is that, if they keep the **** happy their fans will listen, buy, etc.. the 'blue pound'

It's shoddy Journalism. Michael Stewart, Tom English and dare I say Graeme Spiers are decent pundits. The rest can go.

The problem is, has been, and always will be, is that it isn’t journalism. It is sloppy, lazy propaganda spouted by BBC correspondents and employees who are in a race to the bottom of the ‘pandering to the Arsecheeks’ barrel.

The problem is, has been, and always will be, is that it isn’t journalism. It is sloppy, lazy propaganda spouted by BBC correspondents and employees who are in a race to the bottom of the ‘pandering to the Arsecheeks’ barrel.

Good point well made. McInnes to Rangers proves your point completely.

What I don't understand is why so many of you still listen to the midweek programme if it is as bad as you all say it is. 

I choose not to listen to the midweek shows as it is utter garbage.   I really don't want to listen to the likes of Boyd, Commons, Rae etc. wittering on about the same crap they have talked about  the last time they were on. 

The Sunday afternoon programme with Geoff Webster is usually very good, the recent Souness interview excepted.

What I don't understand is why so many of you still listen to the midweek programme if it is as bad as you all say it is. 
I choose not to listen to the midweek shows as it is utter garbage.   I really don't want to listen to the likes of Boyd, Commons, Rae etc. wittering on about the same crap they have talked about  the last time they were on. 
The Sunday afternoon programme with Geoff Webster is usually very good, the recent Souness interview excepted.

I see your point but there is precious few outlets discussing Scottish football for my morning work commute.

The terrace podcast is excellent and I partake in the aberdeen by the min podcast too but they lack the frequency of output.

38 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I see your point but there is precious few outlets discussing Scottish football for my morning work commute.

The terrace podcast is excellent and I partake in the aberdeen by the min podcast too but they lack the frequency of output.

Go cosmopolitan and listen to either the Guardian Football Weekly or James Richardson's Totally Football Show, but out twice a week (I think). Intelligent and interesting pundits!

Edited by cmontheloknow

46 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I understand what you are saying here and agree with what you say.   The problem in Scotland is that everything steers to the twisted sisters and a lot of people are fed up with this.   Radio Clyde's Scoreboard programme is just so bad.  

4 minutes ago, paul wright scores said:

How and when do you access these?

Do they cover Scottish football as well?

The Guardian one does a bit (though I prefer it when they don't!). Their focus is the Premiership and the Euro leagues in the main though.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/series/footballweekly

https://audioboom.com/channel/the-totally-football-show-with-james-richardson

There are other ways to listen to both.

I think both out Mon/Thurs.

Edited by cmontheloknow