Sportsound Watch

13 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think it was Willie Miller on Sunday saying that the lower 2 leagues should be regionalised to help them financially.

Has he any proof that the clubs (and fans) in the lower leagues actually want this?

For the middle-of-the-road and poorer teams, it would mean playing pretty much the same teams every single year, no thanks.

Regionalisation would be utterly pointless because most teams are already clustered around the middle of the country.

The only thing it would stop is super-long trips like Elgin-Annan; but even then, post-regionalisation you'd still have either Stranraer to Berwick (purely north/south divide) or Elgin-Berwick (north east/south west).

But in both cases you'd end up with the likes of Cowdenbeath travelling to Elgin and Peterhead, despite having at least 8 other teams almost with walking distance (maybe not quite but you get the point), but on the wrong side of the divide.

Pointless and utterly mad. And so is his idea.

It was Gordon Smith speaking about it, not God. That's the same Gordon Smith who chose George Burley to be Scotland manager cos he seemed like a nice guy. Useless.

Ah, Gordon Smith, thanks.
I retract my comments then, as he was previously head of the SFA and knows exactly what the lower league teams want.

So tonight's Sportsound asking if a case can be made for Graeme Murty to get the Sevco job. What's the term for a collective backtracking?

'It will be Mcinnes this week definitely.'

'I understand that compensation has been agreed and Derek will be the next Rangers manager next week.'

Tonight's Sportsound

Boyd apparently is going to rant again about our players being picked for Scotland apparently.

Special insight into financial dealings of a top league club. No not who you think. Typically avoiding that and will look at dermot Desmond instead.

Boyds anger at Aberdeen players is so satisfying

The fat sumo p***k obviously has a serious problem with us.

I shouldn't be paying for him to display his anger on the Radio though. Very unprofessional.

If you come on here and read this Kris. You are a c**t.

One other thing

GIRFUY
[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Boyd raging again?

Not sure why he feels the need to play up to the *** stereotype every time he is on the radio.

Or maybe he’s just a rabid ***.

Was prob worse than the last time

So angry that Shinnie is in the squad, he was on the verge of tears. Voice started whining a bit.

His vitriol was loud on my radio god knows what it was like in the studio. Fair enough have an opinion but to be that angry about it is worrying.

#prayforkris

Was prob worse than the last time

So angry that Shinnie is in the squad, he was on the verge of tears. Voice started whining a bit.

His vitriol was loud on my radio god knows what it was like on the radio. Fair enough have an opinion but to be that angry about it is worrying.

#prayforkris

He possibly gets angry as he knows he's getting reemed by two far more intelligent studio guests in Stewart and English but keeps the defence going by shouting or giving a desperate derisory laugh rather than holding his hands up and say he's been done by far superior contributors.
That's kind of the way I behaved when I was 11 and got dug up by pals but I learned.
He's on as a token sevconian as if one was needed with Kenny "keep your thoughts coming" Macintyre at the helm.

Why was Boyd so absolutely furious? His actual points were ok, although I disagree with them, but he was fuming and just roaring them in a blind rage. What the f**k was that about? He could just have put his points forward without it all. He shouldn't be back on, although he will be. They probably saw it as 'good radio'.

There's something really nasty about the guy. He's an absolute c**t and it's no surprise that he's a Sevco fan

Guest Moomintroll
Why was Boyd so absolutely furious? His actual points were ok, although I disagree with them, but he was fuming and just roaring them in a blind rage. What the f**k was that about? He could just have put his points forward without it all. He shouldn't be back on, although he will be. They probably saw it as 'good radio'.
There's something really nasty about the guy. He's an absolute c**t and it's no surprise that he's a Sevco fan

As long as he continues to score goals inspired by the SC bounce I will be on his side, however he is starting to appear to go full howl with regards to his "journalistic" contributions so for that reason I'm out. When SC unveils the upgrade in January it will be time to put him out to pasture, or, many, many dominoes.

9 hours ago, Loonytoons said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think it was Willie Miller on Sunday saying that the lower 2 leagues should be regionalised to help them financially.

Has he any proof that the clubs (and fans) in the lower leagues actually want this?

For the middle-of-the-road and poorer teams, it would mean playing pretty much the same teams every single year, no thanks.

It's a terrible idea for Scottish leagues. Look at the size of the country. We don't live in fucking Russia.

Also, didn't hear any of Boyd's stuff from tonight, but hearing that he's been acting like a petulant, bitter blue bigot is probably the least surprising thing ever.

It's a terrible idea for Scottish leagues. Look at the size of the country. We don't live in fucking Russia.

Also, didn't hear any of Boyd's stuff from tonight, but hearing that he's been acting like a petulant, bitter blue bigot is probably the least surprising thing ever.

You should try and get it on the podcast, you have to hear it to believe it. Completely losing it Kept repeating how he didn't rate Shinnie and Christie was shown the door at Celtic (despite being on loan)

Not saying any of this in a normal voice, complete rant and full of anger. Real psycho behaviour.

You should try and get it on the podcast, you have to hear it to believe it. Completely losing it Kept repeating how he didn't rate Shinnie and Christie was shown the door at Celtic (despite being on loan)

Not saying any of this in a normal voice, complete rant and full of anger. Real psycho behaviour.

Isn't Boyd still playing? Why would any current professional admit out loud that they don't rate another player currently playing in the same league? Fair enough if you've recently retired (even though he was wrong on this occasion). Why was he so upset? He should be pleased a token Sevco player was included.