Sportsound Watch

Is Souness getting confused between Hillsborough and Heysel? It's a pretty common theory that he managed to get some of the big English players to come to Rangers partly because after Heysel English clubs were banned from European competition for a good few seasons.

Anyway, he's a cock.

3 hours ago, Swello said:

The bigger problem is the financial gap to Celtic is unbridgeable as things stand and so the poor sap that comes in will be set up for failure...

I'd say a lot depends on what they describe as a success , the biggest problem I see at that club isn't financial,it's the delusional impatience of those affiliated with the club, Celtic should not be seen as their immediate rivals for at least another 5 years , that's the only way any manager can make a success of it.

3 hours ago, virginton said:

The biggest problem is that they sacked the Portugese ringer far too early in the season. This means that any staunch 'Rangers man' has fully six months to show just how completely useless he and their entire rabble of a club are before the season ticket renewal forms get sent out.

The cycle of delusion/seethe just about keeping the lights on at Ibrox has hit a  major obstacle. 

I had wondered about that myself and whether they'll give someone the job, quite possibly Murty if he gets off to a good enough start, or if not Murty then the highest profile manager they can get in with whatever hasn't already been spunked up the wall, on an "interim basis". That way if he turns out to be complete shit they'll replace him as per Stuart McCall ( 6-1 :lol: ) towards the end of the season with ST renewals in mind, if he turns out to be popular enough, possibly scraping a result against Celtic at some point and managing a Scottish Cup run that they at least flatter to deceive in, he'll get the job more permanently. As per the old carnie mantra, they already have the gullible hordes ST money for this season, and there's a proddyven strategy to get """staunch""" bears onside to get it again.

It didn't really work with Stuart McCall ( 6-1 :lol: ) but it at least temporarily removes the (almost inevitable at this point) headache of giving another absolute  haddie a nice little 3 yr contract to pay off in 6 months time.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

Guest Moomintroll

Not that I have any happy thoughts about the other arse cheek but the game on the 30th of December might turn out to be the lolfest that ends all other lolfests. If they turn up with the right attitude that day it will get hysterically messy.

I still can’t believe Billy Sloan phoned in to tell us what Pedro had for his lunch. He seemed astonished that he looked perfectly at ease and that he wasn’t bawling his eyes out. Amazing radio. He could at least have told us which sauce he had with his mussels. I was desperate to know if it was garlic butter or tomato based.

It was also entertaining listening to Richard Wilson desperately trying to convince us all that Rangers are in a healthy state financially. The strain in his voice was obvious. 

Did any of them suggest getting Walter Smith back? That would be fairly logical.

Saw Ally McCoist hooring himself in the media. The media are obviously still pals with him given they didn't seem to be pointing out what an abject failure he was. He needed chequebook management to win the Oblivion League and Seaside League and couldn't win the Championship.

22 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

I still can’t believe Billy Sloan phoned in to tell us what Pedro had for his lunch. He seemed astonished that he looked perfectly at ease and that he wasn’t bawling his eyes out. Amazing radio. He could at least have told us which sauce he had with his mussels. I was desperate to know if it was garlic butter or tomato based.

It was also entertaining listening to Richard Wilson desperately trying to convince us all that Rangers are in a healthy state financially. The strain in his voice was obvious. 

That was mentally stupid nonsense. Exceptionally irrelevant pish. The sort of astonishingly stupid people who get upset at seeing a player coming off the field laughing and joking after a defeat and gets furious at seeing a player out at night having a good time after losing are the only types of people who would take any notice, let alone be annoyed, by such stuff.

19 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Sorry, is this serious? I thought this was a joke? Billy Sloan actually phoned in to tell everyone he saw Caixinha having lunch acting normally?

Not just that, but he was smiling and laughing. The monster.

I love mussels. Pedro is great.

What the utter f**k. Trying to discuss anything with Alex Rae is like trying to rationalise with a sixteen month old. Well done again to Tom English.

These ex-oldco players offer absolutely nothing to the debate. Tom was absolutely correct when he mentioned it was only now that the new club were not competitive, that these ex-players forecast doom for the Scottish game. Enjoyed his wee remark about Rangers not managing their finances properly so were entirely to blame themselves. Completely owned Rae in a Sutton/ Fat DJ stylee [emoji41]

Since Pedro has been chopped its been utterly incredible how many Rangers guys they can squeeze into a weeks worth of shows, not that there's a lack of them at the best of times. However I was thinking because this is the BBC and its run off our money, how can they just bring these guys in is there not some sort of open application process for pundits to work for the BBC or is our state broadcaster a crooked old boys club as it seems. Although it is brilliant when Richard Gordon, Tom English or Micheal Stewart cut some rangers guy down to size.