Sportsound Watch

Barry Ferguson hitting out with the inexplicable view that we 'should be better than Slovenia and Slovakia'.

Not a single person asked why we should be or what he could possibly be basing that on

Edited by DA Baracus

If you did so, you would get some garble about two of the biggest clubs in the world, so best not to probably.

You wouldn't though. Don't see why people always have to bring up the OF when they're having a pop at guys. Ferguson is thick as shit but he loved playing for Scotland and he probably just genuinely believes we should be better than them, even if he maybe is ill informed.

Fwiw if you actually looked into it a bit more (populations/number of players/coaches/clubs etc) which I'm not going to do because I cba, he would maybe have a point.

Having a guess I think we probably should be better than Slovenia and should probably be pretty similar to Slovakia.

You wouldn't though. Don't see why people always have to bring up the OF when they're having a pop at guys. Ferguson is thick as shit but he loved playing for Scotland and he probably just genuinely believes we should be better than them, even if he maybe is ill informed.

Fwiw if you actually looked into it a bit more (populations/number of players/coaches/clubs etc) which I'm not going to do because I cba, he would maybe have a point.

Having a guess I think we probably should be better than Slovenia and should probably be pretty similar to Slovakia.

if we're going on those factors we should be probably be better than Wales and Ireland and Iceland and Northern Ireland too. Unfortunately we're not.

4 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

if we're going on those factors we should be probably be better than Wales and Ireland and Iceland and Northern Ireland too. Unfortunately we're not.

Why should we be better than Iceland using coaching as a factor?

Edited by ayrmad

Just now, Scary Bear said:

Because we have Largs!

What do they have? Volcanoes.

Aye, most of  our kids have been coached bollocks by nobodies for numerous years before they see a decent coach.

1 minute ago, Scary Bear said:

Who were our kids being coached by back when we were qualifying?

Most of their skills would have been self taught, loads of youngsters back in the day would comfortably have a acquired their 10,000 hours kicking balls about the streets, I couldn't even tell you the last time I watched kids kicking a ball about.

Most of their skills would have been self taught, loads of youngsters back in the day would comfortably have a acquired their 10,000 hours kicking balls about the streets, I couldn't even tell you the last time I watched kids kicking a ball about.

In which case, we should probably cease all coaching and just ask (can you still force them to play?) kids to play football regularly.

Scotland will be back at the World Cup in no time. The Scottish football eco system will be repaired. A few kids may get run down playing in the street, as there does seem to be an excessive amount of arsehole, 'I won't do 20' speeding drivers about, but it'll be a small price to pay.

Who were our kids being coached by back when we were qualifying?

Back when we were qualifying there was twenty less countries and Europe and Eastern Europe was still communist

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

In which case, we should probably cease all coaching and just ask (can you still force them to play?) kids to play football regularly.

Scotland will be back at the World Cup in no time. The Scottish football eco system will be repaired. A few kids may get run down playing in the street, as there does seem to be an excessive amount of arsehole, 'I won't do 20' speeding drivers about, but it'll be a small price to pay.

O r we could just ensure that every kid gets access to a fairly well qualified coach in decent surroundings.

Back when we were qualifying there was twenty less countries and Europe and Eastern Europe was still communist

Terrible excuse. The likes of Iceland, Ireland and Northern Ireland were still about. I recall us playing Belarus back when we qualified. Were the other countries all just a big shit when we regularly qualified?

Terrible excuse. The likes of Iceland, Ireland and Northern Ireland were still about. I recall us playing Belarus back when we qualified. Were the other countries all just a big shit when we regularly qualified?

Virtually.

4 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Must be some reasons that's not happening. I'm sure the Sportsound Think Tank will come up with a solution.

Aye, we don't want to spend the millions required.