Sportsound Watch

Did anyone hear Clangers on Off The Ball saying that St Mirren escaping relegation and a play off by the skin of their teeth was "an experience that every player wants to have"?  TBF he was talking about the post match celebrations at Easter Road, but still. 

Did anyone hear Clangers on Off The Ball saying that St Mirren escaping relegation and a play off by the skin of their teeth was "an experience that every player wants to have"?  TBF he was talking about the post match celebrations at Easter Road, but still. 

He's the most precious footballer going. I mind after Aberdeen had played Dundee at Dens, he mumped and moaned at the 'shocking abuse' he'd received from the home support as they didn't clap him when he clapped towards us before the beginning of the game.

He's like the footballing version of RandomGuy.

I know they say that they're 'petty and ill informed', but it used to be that they did know quite a bit about Scottish football as a whole. Over the last few years they really have started to show that they really know very little these days. Just look back over this thread for little examples.

My favourite example recently was Cowan reading out the final scores, got to the Highland League and with a "who give a f**k about the diddies?" tone, admitted that he didn't know how to pronounce "Rothes".

On 11/05/2017 at 19:49, Darren said:

Someone could have at least attempted to teach Derek Ferguson how to speak English properly by now.

"Ah shouldae saw that coming, to be hoanest, ah'm shoacked nae one has spoke to me aboot it."

He's a cretin.

'Speak properly' - really? The guy isn't articulate but you're mocking the speech patterns of a lot of ordinary folk in Scotland.

21 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

"It's a goal for Inverness Thistle!"

No bother, Chick.

I think it's Young who occasionally comes out with reference to Czechoslovakia or West Germany, too. It's only been almost 30yrs since the collapse of communism...

I think it's Young who occasionally comes out with reference to Czechoslovakia or West Germany, too. It's only been almost 30yrs since the collapse of communism...

Slightly off topic but in a similar vein Barry Cryer answered Nyasaland for a country beginning with 'N' on Pointless Celebrities.It became Malawi in 1964!

When Sportsound drags itself away from Sevco and Celtic it can produce thoroughly good programmes. 

I have really enjoyed the talk this afternoon with Geoff Webster, Alex Smith, John Rankin and even Chick. 

Superb listening. 

Now talking Rugby and that's decent also. 

And to add, yesterday's Sportsound was fantastic with all the end of season drama. 

And no stress as my Team weren't playing. 

On 2017-5-13 at 16:55, Malcolm Malcolm said:

'Speak properly' - really? The guy isn't articulate but you're mocking the speech patterns of a lot of ordinary folk in Scotland.

His speech pattern doesn't annoy me in the slightest. His shocking grammar, however...

Edited by Darren

1 hour ago, Darren said:

His speech pattern doesn't annoying me in the slightest. His shocking grammar, however...

I quite like Derek he is probably the only ex old firm player working in the media who realises that the game  is not just about 2 clubs.paddy bonnet for instance doesn't even know top league players who face Celtic imagine how he would get on at Dumbarton v Ayr.Naw wee Derek's aw right.

OAM is a good format being ruined by having roasters who can't convey basic information in a clear manner. That is their task - they should learn how to do it properly. Ferguson is culpable but the runaway winner in this category is of course Chick Young. 

Last half hour.
Is Scott McDonald a diver/cheat?

[emoji38]

It wasn't the 'we'll discuss that match later' discussion I was expecting.

Someone tweets in and sets the agenda for half the show ffs.

Heard a clip of the diving debate this morning. 

As much as I disagree with McDonalds reasoning he was at least trying to explain it. Bazza on the other hand just came across like a stupid wee boy.  

'It's a foul' came the shout from the background. When McDonald was talking about contact in the box. 

He is totally and utterly useless and shouldn't be anywhere near the media.