Sportsound Watch

1 hour ago, Rednyella said:

Has there been any explanation as to why he's still on the air? They mock him for it from time to time but I can't recall anyone stating why he's not 'retired' officially.

There are plenty other mediocre pundits and journos so not sure why he's on all the time.

He'll have retired from the BBC staff but become a self-employed freelance meaning he'll be paid per shift but probably at a higher hourly rate than he was getting when on the payrole. 

He'll have retired from the BBC staff but become a self-employed freelance meaning he'll be paid per shift but probably at a higher hourly rate than he was getting when on the payrole. 

BBC once again making smart decisions with tax payers money [emoji6]

6 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

I once had the misfortune to have to visit the A&E at Inverclyde Royal.  Obviouslyin the waiting area I was keeping my eyes on the floor, lest some other A&E visitor took offence and decided to add to my injuries.

Someone came in and sat across from me, who I could only see from the knee down, but that view was sky blue, elastic-ankled joggy bottoms that ended about 4 inches above the ankle, white sports socks to fill the gaps, and yellow moccasins.  

As it was such a car-crash I couldn't resist looking up, and it was the bold Chick, who completed the look with a plain white T shirt, gold neck chains, gold wrist chains, and a sovvy ring.  #classy.

I used to work in the kitchen at a seaside restaurant when I was a teenager, and Chick used to come in regularly wearing his (probably free) SPL tracksuit. We were all struck by the fact that he was surprisingly overweight. We also got ticked off by the manager for impersonating him in the kitchen while he was there.

22 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

He's pointing out that any 'nasty' things Jum said about Rangers, were all perfectly true.

Correct.

(maybe it's just me, but when I quote someone quoting someone else, only the most recent part appears).

Edited by Ranaldo Bairn

On 2017-5-10 at 16:51, Boghead ranter said:

Ferguson I agree.  

For Young, you're mistaking idiocy for enthusiasm.

Someone could have at least attempted to teach Derek Ferguson how to speak English properly by now.

"Ah shouldae saw that coming, to be hoanest, ah'm shoacked nae one has spoke to me aboot it."

He's a cretin.

2 minutes ago, Darren said:

Someone could have at least attempted to teach Derek Ferguson how to speak English properly by now.

"Ah shouldae saw that coming, to be hoanest, ah'm shoacked nae one has spoke to me aboot it."

He's a cretin.

I cut him a lot of slack for 2 reasons. 1, he has a genuine enthusiasm for non-Premiership football. 2, he is one of the few pundits who doesn't act like he's been offered shit on a plate when he's been asked to cover a game at some backwater ground (yes, like Dumbarton's).

23 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

The St Mirren show was a decent listen tonight

:lol:

The level of coverage St Mirren have been given this season has been remarkable for a Championship club. A club that have struggled for most of the season too. The fawning over their 'remarkable' turnaround and their manager has been laughable. They're definitely the new media darlings of Scottish football.

If they don't win the Championship by at least 10 points next season, heads should roll.

13 hours ago, Hammer Jag said:
:lol:
The level of coverage St Mirren have been given this season has been remarkable for a Championship club. A club that have struggled for most of the season too. The fawning over their 'remarkable' turnaround and their manager has been laughable. They're definitely the new media darlings of Scottish football.
If they don't win the Championship by at least 10 points next season, heads should roll.

Agreed.

One of (if not the) worst seasons in our history and the media still can't get enough of us and how good a job our manager had done.

Startling.

Edited by Lex

Jack Ross is a good young manager and he's excellent to listen to, but let's be honest here, the turnaround hasn't been the miracle in which some would have you believe. 

St Mirren signed ten new players in January. Part-time rivals Ayr and Dumbarton could only dream of being able to do such business.