Sportsound Watch

2 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Aye. Utterly bizarre claim given they got Dembele for £500k, Sinclair for £3.5m, Armstrong for £2m, van Dijk for £2.6m and Griffiths for £1m.

It's patently obvious that sort of cash should be bringing in 2 or 3 outstanding players (for this level).

You dont need much money to be Champions or challenging in the SPFL. If your a good manager and have the right scouting system it doesnt cost millions to get players who can thrive in this environment.

12 hours ago, paddymcp said:

You dont need much money to be Champions or challenging in the SPFL. If your a good manager and have the right scouting system it doesnt cost millions to get players who can thrive in this environment.

What does SPFL stand for?

2 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

A new low.

Three guys watching a TV and giving commentary.

Fucking hell.

"Kenny Miller has been one of the few plusses for Rangers this season."

They're third after getting promoted. I'd say that's a more than decent season for them.

3 hours ago, Darren said:

"Kenny Miller has been one of the few plusses for Rangers this season."

They're third after getting promoted. I'd say that's a more than decent season for them.

Won the 3rd division

Won league one.

Third championship

First championship

Possible 3rd or 4th in the Premiership

Progress with a mixed bag of ups and downs

3 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

A new low.

Three guys watching a TV and giving commentary.

Fucking hell.

It's not a "new" low sadly. They've being doing this for televised Sevco games for at least the past two seasons. 

6 hours ago, bennett said:

Won the 3rd division

Won league one.

Third championship

First championship

Possible 3rd or 4th in the Premiership

Progress with a mixed bag of ups and downs

Hearts finished third after promotion and it was lauded as a great season. 

I would agree it was a very good achievement.

The sooner people, including football "experts", realise Rangers have done pretty well this season the better.

Rangers' squad is fucking muck, so for them to be 3rd and still within touching distance of 2nd is impressive in that sense, but at the same time they'll have spent a lot more than Aberdeen to be there.

In other words, they're having a good season given the squad they have, but it's a team which has been disastrously put together considering the money available.

What does SPFL stand for?

Cowdenbeath will be relieved as, according to Charlie Christie, it's actually Inverness who are bottom of the SPFL

This gets tedious pretty quickly mate.

Why do you care so much about corporate re-branding?

How hard is it to just get it right?

It's changed quite a few times since I started following football. Folk get used to things and don't necessarily pay to much attention to this nonsense.

Anyone who uses it to prove that someone's view is somehow invalid is being a bit of a knob.

Hearts finished third after promotion and it was lauded as a great season. 
I would agree it was a very good achievement.
The sooner people, including football "experts", realise Rangers have done pretty well this season the better.

That Hearts team of last year would wipe the floor with this years Rangers team. Hearts also had and have a much smaller budget whilst Rangers have players like Halliday, Garner and 90% of squad stealing wages.

I do agree that to a degree the media are OTT as it is their first year back in the top league but what Warburton put together is toilet. Absolute garbage based on their resources.

Stop being lazy and a bit of a p***k.

It's not laziness.

It's about football fans who follow the game and their team in great detail using something so insignificant to prove that they are in some way superior (or that others are inferior).

I agree that those on the radio should be getting it right as it's their fucking job but still - it's so far down the pecking order of things that are important.

On these boards people pick up on it regularly and it's fairly tedious.