Sportsound Watch

When Alan Preston knows a player well......does that mean he's their agent?

"I tell you what this young lad.....looks a player. I'm amazed if he's not playing at a higher level soon"

Every time I hear similar to the above from "Biscuits", I get suspicious.

3 minutes ago, jmothecat said:

Sportsound doing full commentary of the Youth Cup final but only updates on the Hibs game. Is that usual?

Should get the last 15 minutes at EastAyr Road though since its already started. 

10 minutes ago, jmothecat said:

Sportsound doing full commentary of the Youth Cup final but only updates on the Hibs game. Is that usual?

Yeah, they've done live commentary of the Youth Cup final for years now.

Edited by The Naitch

7 minutes ago, jmothecat said:

Yes. They always do live commentary of the Youth Cup final. Including last season when it was Hearts v Motherwell. 

This really is BBC Glasgow's dream week. Two senior bigotfests and a junior one in between. Kleenex shares will have gone through the roof.

And an ex-Rangers player being headline news

1 hour ago, 7-2 said:

This really is BBC Glasgow's dream week. Two senior bigotfests and a junior one in between. Kleenex shares will have gone through the roof.

Of course the Youth Cup Final had to be played behind closed doors for the umpteenth time - that's right, the Youth Cup Final - but that seems to be considered incidental.

Bonner on Monday night "£5m doesn't get you one half decent player"

I'm sorry but any manager worth their salt given £5m in transfer fees alone in Scotland should be able to put together a very strong team. This alter universe that they live in in Glasgow that we're meant to eat up as fact really fucks me off.

I'm sorry but any manager worth their salt given £5m in transfer fees alone in Scotland should be able to put together a very strong team. This alter universe that they live in in Glasgow that we're meant to eat up as fact really fucks me off.

Positive you've totally taken that out of context.

Pretty sure the discussion was about what Rangers had to do to match Celtic, and he's correct, 5 million wouldn't be enough. Sure he actually said it could get very good quality in 2/3 positions but they're needing it all over.

Aye. Utterly bizarre claim given they got Dembele for £500k, Sinclair for £3.5m, Armstrong for £2m, van Dijk for £2.6m and Griffiths for £1m.

It's patently obvious that sort of cash should be bringing in 2 or 3 outstanding players (for this level).

Pretty sure the discussion was about what Rangers had to do to match Celtic, and he's correct, 5 million wouldn't be enough. Sure he actually said it could get very good quality in 2/3 positions but they're needing it all over.

Possibly but my recollection of the conversation was spiers challenging king to come up with £5m of cash to help Pedro and bonner replying that doesn't get you one half decent player.

The wider discussion may have been in the context of catching Celtic but i cherry picked that sentence so I could feel outraged. Thanks.

22 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Aye. Utterly bizarre claim given they got Dembele for £500k, Sinclair for £3.5m, Armstrong for £2m, van Dijk for £2.6m and Griffiths for £1m.

It's patently obvious that sort of cash should be bringing in 2 or 3 outstanding players (for this level).

You forgot about wages, players of that quality will be on a fair wedge...

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Not surprised in the slightest to see you sticking up for one of them :thumsup2