Sportsound Watch

Chic Young in tonight giving it the "natural order" chat. How this man can make a living commenting about football is utterly beyond me. An absolute dunce.

I've seen a few comments about the fact that Sportsound is basically a gossip show, no real analysis of the game at all.

8 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Chic Young in tonight giving it the "natural order" chat. How this man can make a living commenting about football is utterly beyond me. An absolute dunce.

I've seen a few comments about the fact that Sportsound is basically a gossip show, no real analysis of the game at all.

Scottish football's answer to Loose Women - only with more tits.

Didn't listen. What did he mean by "natural order"? I think I can guess but hope you prove me wrong.

Brilliant , an extended Sportsound tonight.

That should mean live commentary of the very important match , Hibs v Raith Rovers.

Important to me, other Saints, and also Dumbarton & Ayr fans .

And of course, stay at home Hibees & Rovers supporters.

Cannae wait.

COME ON THE HIBEES

18 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Since the split was introduced in 2000 has the "natural order" ever actually happened i.e. OF, Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen + Dundee United finished top 6?

Since SPL began there's been 6 seasons - 7 if Dundee Utd don't win the playoffs - where at least 1 of them hasn't even been in the top tier.

19 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Since the split was introduced in 2000 has the "natural order" ever actually happened i.e. OF, Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen + Dundee United finished top 6?

Since SPL began there's been 6 seasons - 7 if Dundee Utd don't win the playoffs - where at least 1 of them hasn't even been in the top tier.

2008-09 season. Those glory days. 

table.jpg.f6ae2bd2f5f192d5f943a159e2072bf3.jpg

The following season Motherwell took Aberdeens spot, and since then St Johnstone have been spoiling the party every year, with numerous special guests.

6 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Cheers. Motherwell and Kilmarnock 7th & 8th, too. Must've been a "rank by attendance" pundit's wet dream.

Once in almost 20yrs doesn't seem very "natural" to me, though. Decidedly "unnatural", infact.

They must have been raging the whole of the 2012/13 season. 

table.jpg.2bd1ab4a261c1294defdd143fd56e08a.jpg

2 out of 6. And 2 highland teams in the top 6 as well. 

Went back to Monday night's show via their podcast. It's a fairly tragic listen.

It is what it is really, 3 Rangers fans (one "lapsed") bemoaning their side's mediocrity on national radio and the slow dawning that Rangers aren't anywhere near being the team they thought they were going to be. The whole thing was pretty much summed up by Kenny Macintyre lamenting "but....it's just not good enough. Is it?". Bonner's attempt to give Celtic credit for apparently being "absolutely brilliant" was quite something. He was met with Speirs slapping him down with "no Pat, the thing that was shocking about the game is how dreadful Rangers were", while Macintyre himself almost jumped down Bonner's throat with "we're talking about the gulf in class here."

It's car crash stuff tbh.

11 hours ago, shull said:

Brilliant , an extended Sportsound tonight.

That should mean live commentary of the very important match , Hibs v Raith Rovers.

Important to me, other Saints, and also Dumbarton & Ayr fans .

And of course, stay at home Hibees & Rovers supporters.

Cannae wait.

COME ON THE HIBEES

I wondered what this post was all about. Then I turned the radio on whilst making my tea and heard what the live commentary game is going to be