Sportsound Watch

Willie Miller the player is a god, a king who walks amongst us. His achievements on the park are unrivalled in Scotland. Willie Miller the pundit is a negative auld b*****d, a grumpy old man who can't get over the fact that world football has moved on from Scotland. He speaks pretty well tactically but doesn't have an awareness of the game as a whole in Scotland. He's good on Aberdeen, and pretty good on Hearts, the OF, but I can see why other fans really can't stand him. He's not the worst though, by any means. 

1 hour ago, The Saintee said:

McCall comparing him to Steve Jobs talking about an IPhone.

I thought that was funny. 

Cathro does waffle on a bit, if his team talks are anything like his interviews, no wonder the players look a bit lost, they probably lost what it was he was talking about half way through He reminds me of Brendan Rodgers. 

Willie Miller the player is a god, a king who walks amongst us. His achievements on the park are unrivalled in Scotland. Willie Miller the pundit is a negative auld b*****d, a grumpy old man who can't get over the fact that world football has moved on from Scotland. He speaks pretty well tactically but doesn't have an awareness of the game as a whole in Scotland. He's good on Aberdeen, and pretty good on Hearts, the OF, but I can see why other fans really can't stand him. He's not the worst though, by any means. 

Pretty much this.

I'm loathed to criticise the great man too much but he is a bit dismissive of a lot of Scottish football teams. Like you say he has a decent awareness of the tactical side of the game but generally is pretty negative throughout.

Speirs has said about 20 times that Cathro is "a good guy". 
Not convinced that he means it tbh.

Does Speirs say anything else? I didn't listen last night but it sounds like he has said exactly the same as he said when I listened last week 'He's a great guy' 'look, I hope I'm wrong, I don't think I am', 'the director of football model doesn't work, I wrote an article about it 15 years ago so I know'.