Sportsound Watch

What was that interview with the Scottish guy managing in Spain all about? :lol: 

One of the most awkward radio interviews I've heard in a while.

The guy came across as a complete cretin. An utter Walter Mitty character. The type of guy you would bump into on holiday that you wouldn't be able to get rid of.

3 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

I may be biased but I think the whole point Gilmour was trying to make was he couldn't do or come out and say much at the time because the powers at be wouldn't allow him too without some sort of punishment?

Did the walloper not say something along the lines of "At least 3 clubs will go bust within months if Rangers go down"?

Eta: Fuckin hell, it was even worse than I remembered - it was "5 clubs within weeks", including St Mirren. Surprisingly it turned out to be a lot of shite and typical of a lot of the hysterical nonsense that was getting spouted at the time. One of my biggest regrets in life is spotting him too late as we drove past him to give him a mouthful of abuse as he walked down Sandeman St after a game.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/st-mirren-chief-stewart-gilmour-1166826.amp

Edited by Dee Man

I don't know much about gilmours leanings but when they were talking about lawell 'running' Scottish football and he said 'that's why we need rangers back, so there's another strong club', I thought you spineless c**t, you had a place in the spfl yourself. Pathetic.

On 20/01/2017 at 02:09, Dee Man said:

Did the walloper not say something along the lines of "At least 3 clubs will go bust within months if Rangers go down"?

Eta: Fuckin hell, it was even worse than I remembered - it was "5 clubs within weeks", including St Mirren. Surprisingly it turned out to be a lot of shite and typical of a lot of the hysterical nonsense that was getting spouted at the time. One of my biggest regrets in life is spotting him too late as we drove past him to give him a mouthful of abuse as he walked down Sandeman St after a game.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/st-mirren-chief-stewart-gilmour-1166826.amp

Christ.  As you say, that's worse than I remember it.

I got angry again reading that.  A reminder of how tabloid media colluded with a corrupt Doncaster and spineless SPL clubs in simply telling lies.

The nerve of it is actually staggering.  Having rejected Rangers themselves, certain SPL chairmen, then sought blatantly to bully SFL clubs into doing the reverse, but to do it in the interests of those same SPL clubs that had actively cut them adrift.

Seriously, what a complete b*****d.

Christ.  As you say, that's worse than I remember it.
I got angry again reading that.  A reminder of how tabloid media colluded with a corrupt Doncaster and spineless SPL clubs in simply telling lies.
The nerve of it is actually staggering.  Having rejected Rangers themselves, certain SPL chairmen, then sought blatantly to bully SFL clubs into doing the reverse, but to do it in the interests of those same SPL clubs that had actively cut them adrift.
Seriously, what a complete b*****d.

If I was a shareholder at st mirren at that time I'd be saying: "fine, if that is true so be it, but I will be tabling a motion for your immediate removal from the board, as that is a total failure of governance. If you have put this club into a position where the loss of one club will cause us to go bust then you are not worth a salary".

38 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

Pat Boner doesn't know the name of any of the Accies or Killie players. What a minter that he's employed

He also calls them both 'Premier League' teams.

3 hours ago, Gianfranco said:

Pat Boner doesn't know the name of any of the Accies or Killie players. What a minter that he's employed

He also announced late in the game that "there's a penalty, in the penalty box".

I had to drive somewhere between around 4.40 and 5.30, so had no means of information other than the radio.  I knew that Queens were winning 2-1 when I left the house, but didn't hear the game mentioned once until the classifieds at ten past five.  Fortunately, the news was good when it arrived.  

I understand that the Cup was the story today, but is it too much to ask that results in the other games are confirmed when they come in as full-times?

22 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

He also announced late in the game that "there's a penalty, in the penalty box".

To be fair to him, as a Celtic man he'll have seen plenty of penalties given which were outside the box

Is it just me or this program getting more painful every week? This week we've been blessed with Billy Brown & Barry Ferguson the continued presence of McDonald and O'Dea and it's only midweek. When will they unleash Pat Boner and Chick Young on us?
No wonder we're a laughing stock.

1 hour ago, Rednyella said:

Is it just me or this program getting more painful every week? This week we've been blessed with Billy Brown & Barry Ferguson the continued presence of McDonald and O'Dea and it's only midweek. When will they unleash Pat Boner and Chick Young on us?
No wonder we're a laughing stock.

I genuinely don't mind Billy Brown he a least speaks his mind even if outdated he is honest. Ferguson again doesn't bother me he struggles to get it out in English what he's trying to say! Good to hear Tam McManus on again always a good listen.

I'm desperate to see how the likes of John Nelms come across when there's something genuinely worth talking about again. He seems to have the right ideas when it comes to Scottish football and seemed genuinely perplexed at why we put our football down. I wonder what his thoughts on project brave are. To be honest, unless he's been 'juiced in', I can't imagine we will agree to it.

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'm desperate to see how the likes of John Nelms come across when there's something genuinely worth talking about again. He seems to have the right ideas when it comes to Scottish football and seemed genuinely perplexed at why we put our football down. I wonder what his thoughts on project brave are. To be honest, unless he's been 'juiced in', I can't imagine we will agree to it.

IIRC Alan Burrows mentioned Nelms on the MFC Podcast he did the other week when he was talking in detail about the ramifications of Project Brave. He seemed to suggest that Dundee and Nelms were very unhappy with the proposals. I think the gist was that they had missed a cut-off for applications previously as they had just taken over (or words to that effect) and from the looks of things the way things were heading Dundee would be locked out again, despite them now having met the criteria required.