Sportsound Watch

52 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

Andy Barrowman on Richie Foran last night - "....he's actually a very intelligent lad. Maybe his Irish accent masks that at times."

IMG_5609.JPG

I heard that :lol:

As opposed to his very intelligent sounding Scottish accent.  Wtf was he on about :lol:

I heard the preamble to the ex St Mirren Chairman earlier and the bit in bold made me laugh.

The man whilst in charge would stand and give the referees dogs abuse for all to hear from the safety of the stand, how the f**k he felt constrained is beyond me, the c**t is fucking lunatic.

Stewart Gilmour

@StewartGilmour1

Ex Chairman of St Mirren F C, no longer constrained by the SFA/SPFL secret police following & waiting to fine for adverse statements. Will tweet more often.

2 hours ago, Zen Archer said:

I heard the preamble to the ex St Mirren Chairman earlier and the bit in bold made me laugh.

The man whilst in charge would stand and give the referees dogs abuse for all to hear from the safety of the stand, how the f**k he felt constrained is beyond me, the c**t is fucking lunatic.

Stewart Gilmour

@StewartGilmour1

Ex Chairman of St Mirren F C, no longer constrained by the SFA/SPFL secret police following & waiting to fine for adverse statements. Will tweet more often.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-chief-peter-lawwell-runs-9647847

It's not about shouting at refs bud, much bigger issue.

He is referring to what goes on behind closed doors in meetings ect. He has similar views to most on here, Doncaster and Regan should have been punted long ago.

Supporters on here have absolutely no power to enforce those beliefs.  Gilmour did and yet did absolutely nothing about it, probably because his whole stance was about making himself look good.  He had ample opportunity to propose a vote of no confidence in either Regan or Doncaster, but instead sat on his hands and then whinged to the media.

6 hours ago, Zen Archer said:

Stewart Gilmour

@StewartGilmour1

Admittedly I haven't caught it every night, but every time I've had Sportsound on during the Premiership break they've had someone on who has previously worked for St. Mirren in some capacity. Can more regular listeners confirm if it has indeed turned into St. Mirren Radio?

5 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Supporters on here have absolutely no power to enforce those beliefs.  Gilmour did and yet did absolutely nothing about it, probably because his whole stance was about making himself look good.  He had ample opportunity to propose a vote of no confidence in either Regan or Doncaster, but instead sat on his hands and then whinged to the media.

He blocked the nonsense 8-8-8 vote at least. 

8 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

Admittedly I haven't caught it every night, but every time I've had Sportsound on during the Premiership break they've had someone on who has previously worked for St. Mirren in some capacity. Can more regular listeners confirm if it has indeed turned into St. Mirren Radio?

Aye, there's been a fair old whack about St. Mirren on both BBC and Clyde in recent weeks. They both like to give Alex Rae and his taxi-driving mate (becoming regulars on each of the stations) the chance to moan about how they were treated and maybe even put the boot in a little.

And also Jack Ross has been media manna since he jumped into the crowd for a mass debate.

18 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Gilmour has absolutely no credibility, following the Rangers episode. 

He was happy to apparently follow the wishes of his club's supporters in denying the Newco entry to the SPL.  When the boards of most SFL clubs chose to admit them to the bottom tier of the SFL, rather than the top one though, he was furious, talking of the damage such clubs had done to Scottish football.

He was fully behind the nakedly self serving, dishonest and manipulative plan to appear tough on Rangers to appease SPL fans, while ensuring the exile was brief through treating the clubs beneath his with utter contempt.

A downright shit of a man who deserves no platform.

2 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

I wasn't impressed by Gilmour or Gray. Gilmour just sounded absolutely ridiculous throughout - a total coward. 

Gray seemed nothing more than an SFA patsy. 'The clubs must buy into Project Brave'. Why is that, Les?

Les Gray is a snivelling c**t tbf. 

Mind his approach to the then proposed SPL/SFL merger? 

One of the many problems with someone like Les Gray acting as a mouthpiece is that it's difficult to listen to anything he's saying without it sounding like he's working an angle and trying to protect a vested interest rather than for the betterment of the game.

8 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

Remind me again, please.

He was basically the front man.  Threatening the clubs in the bottom two leagues with the first division clubs breaking away etc.  

The whole episode made me think he was just a c**t of a man. 

He was basically the front man.  Threatening the clubs in the bottom two leagues with the first division clubs breaking away etc.  

The whole episode made me think he was just a c**t of a man. 

There's certainly some interesting reading about the running of Accies over on the Acciesworld forum. I've no idea how much truth there is in it but it sounds like there's quite a lot going on in the background that probably should be of interest to the SFA.

http://www.acciesworld.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=837#p11274