Sportsound Watch

6 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Its worth noting Fullerton runs an academy over in Spain, and brought through the likes of Zach Clough at Bolton. For all these folk mewling about "knowing nothing about him", while talking about how great Cathro is, I wonder how much most folk actually know about both of them.

I don't buy this pish about X coach brought through Y player. I read it the other day about Cathro bringing through Ryan Gauld at Utd. These are naturally gifted players who are going to make it regardless of who's coaching them. 

If they're going to get the credit for bringing through these players then they've got to be held responsible for the countless other players who don't make it under their coaching.

Not that a buy into the vision of Ian Cathro as Scottish football's very own Q from James Bond, nor would I even have made the comparison in the first place, but running an academy in Spain (like thick bigot Glenn Hoddle) would hardly be anything that elevates Fullarton to the same status as someone with respectable coaching experience at high profile clubs.

5 hours ago, AMMjag said:

Not that a buy into the vision of Ian Cathro as Scottish football's very own Q from James Bond, nor would I even have made the comparison in the first place, but running an academy in Spain (like thick bigot Glenn Hoddle) would hardly be anything that elevates Fullarton to the same status as someone with respectable coaching experience at high profile clubs.

I'm not saying it does, what I'm saying is he's well thought of in the youth development scene due to what hes doing in Spain, and what hes done at Bolton and Forest.

Its worth noting that Cathro became assistant at Rio Ave due to becoming friendly with the manager there, the manager who then won a move to Valencia and took Cathro with him. Valencia didn't poach Cathro from another club, it was the manager who was the target, and thats a fact that seems completely overlooked when folk highlight that step in his career.

6 hours ago, AMMjag said:

Q made gadgets and modified cars

Manchester City v Celtic match is now a Bounce Game, dead rubber, etc. 

Why have it as commentary match tonight?  Pointless. 

Sportsound could easily do the Dons v Killie game or even the battle of the losers at Palmerston. 

Or forget the above and broadcast ' Open Aw Mics '

6 hours ago, Harambe Legion said:

It's not a dead rubber. City aren't through yet.

You sure?

I don't pay much attention to self serving, destructive circus that is the Champions' League.  They said on the radio earlier though, that all four positions in the group had already been determined.

There are 6 Domestic Matches tonight.

We would be better off with " Open Aw MIcs "

Just ditch the Celtic match all together.

Not even any need for a Reporter to be sent down there .

They are oot on their arse.

FUCKEM !!!!

Manchester City v Celtic match is now a Bounce Game, dead rubber, etc. 

Why have it as commentary match tonight?  Pointless. 

Sportsound could easily do the Dons v Killie game or even the battle of the losers at Palmerston. 

Or forget the above and broadcast ' Open Aw Mics '

And it's on 5 live. Ra sellik could just tune in and dream about the impossible of leaving to play in England and radio Scotland could cover a proper game, played in miserable conditions as it's meant to.

28 minutes ago, Malcolm Malcolm said:

That kind of thinking just perpetuates the pish on our airwaves. We need to raise standards.

Sadly that's unlikely. It's needs a total change of mindset and culture and that just isn't going to happen.

The amount of seethe Cathro has generated before he's even taken charge of his first game is just glorious. He's upsetting all the right people - some of the worst involved in our game and in our media. For this alone, I really hope he's a success.

Failed businessman Willie Miller is just a classic example of someone who has managed to steal a living from Scottish football for years purely thanks to the 'jobs for the boys' culture which exists within the BBC. 

When he's covering an Aberdeen game, he's unbearable as he doesn't even attempt to come across as neutral. The opposition will be at worst ignored or at best, sneered at. When he's covering a game not involving Aberdeen, he shows  the same level of enthusiasm you would expect from a minimum wage worker during a 12 hour shift at a battery hen factory.

f**k off Willie Miller, carry on Cathro.

Miller never gives Caley any credit whenever he has to speak about us. He also came out with the line that if/when Hibs get promoted then the "order will be restored in Scottish football".

Pathetic attempt to analyse or cover Scottish football.