Sportsound Watch

Load of shite tonight. We were terrible against England who were in second gear. Strachan ignores quality players and clearly can't organise a defence. 

How Lennon can't see that is baffling. 

That McGhee interview was actually embarrassing.

43 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Neil Lennon speaking unbelievable pish tonight. He's pretty much rimming Strachan given his backing for him. Seemingly there was some sort of huge improvement at Wembley where we were unlucky.

Oh and he dismissed Scotland ever having a foreign manager again because Bertie Vogts never worked out

I can't decide if this or the "HOO ELSE WOULD U GET IN?" Argument is worse.

Let's put it in simpler terms. You go on holiday to somewhere in Spain that you absolutely hate, you hate every minute of it. Do you then just never go abroad again because you went to a foreign country once and it wasn't good?

Or do you keep going to the same place, even though you hate it, because you don't imagine anywhere is better?

It's ridiculous irl, and even more ridiculous when you switch the context around a bit.

I also had a terrible holiday in Spain in 2014 fwiw.

I don't understand why anyone would expect Lennon to say anything different considering the man who is chairman of his club came out the day before and said he is backing Strachan. Would be strange if he came out and said "no I don't agree with the chairman, Strachan has to go". It's also rare for managers to say other managers should be sacked.

4 minutes ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

I don't understand why anyone would expect Lennon to say anything different considering the man who is chairman of his club came out the day before and said he is backing Strachan. Would be strange if he came out and said "no I don't agree with the chairman, Strachan has to go". It's also rare for managers to say other managers should be sacked.

Would the Chairman really give a toss?  He's allowed to have his own opinion on things that don't really affect his club.

13 hours ago, The Saintee said:

Load of shite tonight. We were terrible against England who were in second gear. Strachan ignores quality players and clearly can't organise a defence. 

How Lennon can't see that is baffling. 

That McGhee interview was actually embarrassing.

Michael O'Neill said he hardly ever went to EPL matches as his 3 players that plied their trade there would be in his squad as long as they were upright and breathing, I'm not suggesting just blindly picking players but surely we could come up with a system that gets results and then fit some of our players into it.

We apparently aren't picking certain players due to their work rate, that's fair enough if the manager has insisted that they play in a high tempo manner and they haven't, wonder where Celtic would be this season if he had just discarded all those that weren't playing in that manner for the previous manager.

38 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Then why bother even asking him?

It was obviously done for balance, unfortunately it appears that balance is only required one way.

Edited by ayrmad

On Friday, November 18, 2016 at 09:42, Sarto Mutiny said:

Then why bother even asking him?

Right there is the reason I don't watch interviews on MOTD/Sportscene etc.

Managers and players never seem to say anything surprising or controversial and interviewers don't ask the questions the public want to hear.

What a complete waste of time.

4 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Chick "Hasn't he retired?" Young doing his usual today, describing a mazy dribble past four players and a clipped finish past the keeper as a "tap in" in the Buckie Thistle v Dunfermline game. He was probably raging he was sent to report on a cup game at this early stage.

A team called Buckie that plays in green and white hoops is just made for the bigot promoting snivelling little weegie shit. I expect Celtic got more mentions than either of the participating teams.