Dumbarton v QOS

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've seen very little benefit of it to be honest. He came with this reputation and its brought up, almost without fail, every game by opposition fans. Theres no doubt he's gone down easily quite regularly for us, but I cant remember him winning a penalty or a free kick in a particularly dangerous position

This. As I've said elsewhere, I was full of optimism when Russell signed. We were promised "a diving little b$stard" and I had hoped this would result in us receiving bagfuls of penalties. Nae such luck :(

We're definitely long overdue a penalty. Maybe at Ibrox in a few weeks?

God I hope not. If we were to be awarded a penalty at the mighty Ibrox it would surely mean that we would have 3 men sent off, concede a blatant offside goal and have 2 perfectly good goals chopped off to even things out <_<

Yip, that would be my team. I have a feeling we may see 5 in midfield though.

Aye it appears Murray is determined to make it work but the signs haven't been promising so far. Other than a decent first half against Rovers I've seen nothing to convince me our players are suited to it but I'd be delighted if it all clicked into place this Saturday. Would still rather be watching the free flowing attacking football of last season but I'd be happy with a win regardless of style or formation tbh. Few really tough games fast approaching.

Still not convinced by DVZ if I'm honest, think Taggart deserves a shot in there.

I'd go for Fleming and Campbell up top (aye, 2 strikers), Kirky, Turner, Gils and Meg in midfield and the usual defence with Taggart in at right back.

Agreed. Vanzy hasn't impressed me and id like to see what Taggart could do in his natural position.

After two convincing wins on the bounce you'd imagine we'll go with the same XI as last week. Baird is probably fit to start but it would be very harsh on Lyle or Reilly if they drop out. No-one else has shown anything from the bench to suggest they deserve a start.

It's our first away game though so McIntyre may decide to beef up the midfield. With no Paton to play in behind I don't see switching to 4-2-3-1 as a viable option though.

Carmichael could probably play there, with Kidd going wide. Would Baird be an option in that role? I've not seen enough of him but to me he seems like he needs to be in the box as much as possible, so probably not.

Garry Fleming, winning goalscorer when Dumbarton beat Queens 2-1 at Palmerston last season, reckons Sons are "due to beat them" ahead of tomorrow's game - see HERE.

Records are made to be broken and tomorrow, Sons are aiming for their first home win over Queens since February 1, 1992.

Follow The Dumbarton Terrace on Twitter HERE.

Very quiet on here from the Queens fans. Our record up at the rock is very good so long may it continue.

I would hope that we would start with the same team as last week and with a 4-4-2 and take the game to the Sons. Baird and Kerr will be keen to get a start but I would expect them to be on the bench but hey who knows what Mr Mac will do.

I'll go for a tight 2-1 win for Queens.

Intrigued to see what the team selection will be today. Unfortunately, I'd expect it to be a midfield five (please God, don't let one of them be Prunty) with Nish up top, solo. Expect us to be even more negative tactically than the last few games.

Not confident.

Intrigued to see what the team selection will be today. Unfortunately, I'd expect it to be a midfield five (please God, don't let one of them be Prunty) with Nish up top, solo. Expect us to be even more negative tactically than the last few games. Not confident.

*Shudders*

Intrigued to see what the team selection will be today. Unfortunately, I'd expect it to be a midfield five (please God, don't let one of them be Prunty) with Nish up top, solo. Expect us to be even more negative tactically than the last few games.Not confident.

I've always thought Raith were a bit of a bogey team, didn't realise just how bad our record against queens is, with regards the team, I see Campbell keeping his place, personally thought nish was good alongside side him, and I'd probably give dvz another try, I don't think he was as bad as people made out last week, but bring gils back for mitch or aggie, let's just hope the boys are well up for 90 plus minutes to improve that record

Intrigued to see what the team selection will be today. Unfortunately, I'd expect it to be a midfield five (please God, don't let one of them be Prunty) with Nish up top, solo. Expect us to be even more negative tactically than the last few games.Not confident.

Why do you think we will be even more negative today?

Archived