Dumbarton v QOS

Might as well start this one-nil down to save the despair of watching Beanie stick another one past us.

Surely we can't play as badly as we did in the second against Raith?

Would like to see some changes made, hopefully Taggart gets in at Right-back as Van Zanten hasn't impressed me at all. Kirkpatrick isn't a winger and Gils should really be starting. I'd go:

Rogers

Taggart Graham Mair Linton

Gilhaney Turner Aggy/Kirkpatrick Megginson

Fleming Campbell

Not overly confident. Will go for a 2-2 draw, Campbell and a Fleming double for Sons Russell hat-trick for Queens.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's the line up I'd go with, Kirky probably just shading it over Agnew but I wouldn't be too fussed if either played (not both). Would be nice to get a win under our belts before heading to Ibrox but I expect Queens to be strong and a point may not be a bad thing.

I don't really like playing Queens, they're fans seem a lovely bunch but the c***s keep leaving with 3 points. And Iain Russell.

We need to do better in the middle of the park - I'm looking at CT here. He has the attributes to compete with the best in this division and I'm eager to see him pick up the pace.

Gilhaney will be back in the team no doubt but its difficult to say who Muzz will drop to the bench to accommodate. It probably won't be Nisher.

For what its worth I think we'll bounce back on Saturday, there were some encouraging signs v Raith prior to the capitulation and I reckon the Graham/Mair partnership may blossom into something vaguely competent if we can have the full-backs well briefed on their obligation to provide cover.

Might as well start this one-nil down to save the despair of watching Beanie stick another one past us.

Would like to see some changes made, hopefully Taggart gets in at Right-back as Van Zanten hasn't impressed me at all. Kirkpatrick isn't a winger and Gils should really be starting. I'd go:

Rogers

Fleming Campbell

Not overly confident. Will go for a 2-2 draw, Campbell and a Fleming double for Sons Russell hat-trick for Queens.

Even if you dont like Russell, surely every goal he scores counts ;)

We really need to be looking for a win in this game, and the following week against Livy, before a more difficult run. Its really important we get off to a good start after last seasons early form.

In terms of the team, Baird is obviously fit again, so he might start in place of Lyle or Reilly, but that would be hard on both.

We've won all three of my previous visits to The Rock, but a glimmer of hope for Sons fans is I'm still unsure if I'll make this or not. If I do I'll be slumming it in the stand after being in hospitality for the previous two trips.

Another glimmer of hope is that Russell was honking against Alloa, easily our worst performer. Chances are he was just saving himself for this one though.

2-0 Queens.

We've won all three of my previous visits to The Rock, but a glimmer of hope for Sons fans is I'm still unsure if I'll make this or not. If I do I'll be slumming it in the stand after being in hospitality for the previous two trips.

Another glimmer of hope is that Russell was honking against Alloa, easily our worst performer. Chances are he was just saving himself for this one though.

2-0 Queens.

The hospitality at Dumbarton looks really good. Other than the fact that the desserts are prepared and sat right outside the toilets :yucky

Aye that chocolate fudge cake is prepared fresh in the cubicles on the morning of match day.

That nutty aftertaste really sets it apart.

Would imagine Queens will win this 2-0 again. When are Dumbarton going to put some terracing around the park?

Rogers

Fleming Campbell

That's the only line up that really makes sense and as such picks itself. The only real question is whether Agnew or Kirkpatrick start, but it's good to have the option of change in that respect.

Come on, Muzz, get the line up and shape sorted back to what works.

Would imagine Queens will win this 2-0 again. When are Dumbarton going to put some terracing around the park?

Considering we have a 2000 capacity stand that's never been filled then I don't imagine we'll be going out our way to build terracing any time soon. Only season that we will experience issues with our capacity limitations is this one.

Only do that for big teams, like Falkirk.

Aye.

To confirm:

We currently use temp scaffolding when we play Falkirk (to their credit they were extremely up front in letting us know that that away accommodation in the main stand was much too limited).

Everyone else makes do with the stand/castle.

The hospitality at Dumbarton looks really good. Other than the fact that the desserts are prepared and sat right outside the toilets :yucky

It is excellent. The food is great and at £40 it is an absolute bargain. I believe the price has gone up this season but I could be wrong?

We will probably be doing it again for the next fixture in February.

This will be my first competitive viewing and I'm only hoping that the players can remind themselves of the basics in football, it sounds like a bit too much science and analysis is being applied right now. This season is going to be a really tough shift, and all we can ask is that they compete 100%.

As soon as you let us use yours.

It is excellent. The food is great and at £40 it is an absolute bargain. I believe the price has gone up this season but I could be wrong?

We will probably be doing it again for the next fixture in February.

£50 for Queens games this year.

Archived