Ballingry Rovers Select v Dukla Pumpherston

james.

The Flyer

Well I'm from the local community and it didn't get me onside. Completely the opposite. He said Ballingry's name was mud. Disgraceful comment imo. I was going to that game but I can assure I won't be nowhere near there as long as he's the manager.

.............................................................................................................................................................................................................

Recall reading a similar article in the Fife Times a wee while back that may have included the comment in bold above`as part` of a statement from the manager, however is there a possibility that you may be taking the managers comments out of context?

Would like to see the article again in full, as Its obvious he would`nt want to offend anyone in the local community when the objective is to try & get people to come along to the games.

May I ask if you have had anything to do with Ballingry Rovers in an official capacity in the past & took offence to being associated with such comments as you felt they were not deserved?

Haven't read the article yet but I know Lee very well and can assure everyone this quote has been blown out of proportion. There have been numerous comments made in several threads on here over the last couple of years and at grounds up and down the country relating to the cash injection the club received two years ago. The vast majority of them born out of jealousy were very uncomplimentary. Whether one agrees with them or not I think it is fair to say they were giving Ballingry a bad name.

Why won't you come and support the club if your from the local community....support Ballingry whenat home and the next week support Lochore when they are it home that way both clubs are getting people through the gates....most if not all junior clubs need punters through the gates and if your a football man like myself I'd be at evey game possible instead of sitting in the house or pub....football first everytime for me.....

'

Archived